• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Phonechievements is back

Phonechievements (latest version 1.35)

About

Phonechievements brings achievements to the mobile phone. For those who are gamers the concept isn't new, for those who are not, achievements are just rewards you get for accomplishing a goal. You don't get an actual prize, it's just a form of reward that you get in writing. Moreover, this app allows you to brag on Facebook with them (for now).

Open the app and navigate through the list. Each achievement has a description on how you can unlock it. Want to let everyone know how you master the phone? Share on Facebook the unlocked achievements. Just open the app and go to the achievement and a Facebook logo button will allow you to do that.

With each update new features and of course new phonechievements will be added.

If you like the idea and want to help me improve or have any suggestions for new achievements, please check it out.

The app is available for Android 2.0+. If you find any issues please let me know so I can fix them.
Thank you.

Screenshots

lCRqS15.png
PEPcCti.png
iyZJpjj.png
r6dEfNG.png
O5bt2Ru.png
dpYDAB6.png
jzWtw5q.png

Download

Google Play Download Link

Current Features

• More than 70 unlockable achievements in 6 categories (more to come)
  • Share unlocked achievements on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus
  • Show/hide unlocked achievements
  • Statusbar notification on phonechievement unlocked
  • Possibility to hide individual achievements
  • Option to switch GPS query ON/OFF (if you keep GPS on from android settings the you most probably want tot keep it OFF in the app)
  • Sync your profile online (check what you have synced on http://phonechievements.com/profile/yourchosennickname/) - for now an ugly 10 minutes of code website will appear. The nice one is under construction. This is just for checking purposes
  • Share online profile with most of the sharing apps installed
  • Profile forum signature:
    E.g.:

Code:
    [PLAIN][URL="http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/"][IMG]http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/sign/[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Social

Follow on Facebook

IMPORTANT

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ALWAYS USE THE SYNC OPTION BEFORE DOING AN UPDATE AND ALSO ON A REGULAR BASIS. AFTER YOU UPDATED THE APP IF YOU EXPERIENCE LOSS OF STATS OR ACHIEVEMENTS USE THE SYNC OPTION AGAIN TO RECOVER THEM FROM THE SYNC SERVER

Other projects by us

SOZ Game

Last edited:

PenguinxEnjoi

Dec 22, 2012
Carbondale
Lol @ phoneception achievement
Also, can you give the app an ICS/JB theme for GB users? Thanks in advance! :D
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: slackydroid

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
Thank you guys. Please let me know if there's any crash or any problem with the app. I see there's a general request for a JellyBean / ICS theme therefore I will be working on this alongside with the new features and achievements. The theme should be out soon so stay tuned. In the meantime enjoy the achievements and if you think of some new ones, please let me know and you could see them in the app.

Also I would appreciate some feedback regarding battery usage, memory usage and stuff like that. I got to test it on some friend's phones while on BETA and it was reported as ok, but the more data the better.

Thank you.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
A friends list would make this epic... a way to compare your lists with people you know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

Yes. That would definitely make it better. I added this to the TODO list... quite on top. This will be available on a unique username base and you would be able to add friends using their username. Also a profile webpage would display all your unlocked achievements and as you said allow you to compare with other users you know or share your profile link anywhere you want.

slackydroid

Jan 2, 2013
New version published on Google Play

Just published a new update on GPlay. Give it some time to actually get it.

What's New:

* Added three new Phonechievements: Well Informed (Apps), I Always Take The Bus (Power Wizard), The Alternative Approach (Power Wizard)
* Minor bug fixes
* Battery usage reduced

Work in progress:

* Just started implementing the Twitter integration (a share button will be available next to the Facebook one).
* Another thing I started working on is a profile webpage. You will be able to choose a username and get a unique profile URL to share with your friends... and brag :) . Also a compare tool will be available so you can show your frinds that you have more phonechievements :)
* This is just the beginning as this webpage could easily be developed and improved. The way you will be able to update your profile is either automatically (setting) or manually.
* I also got a lot of complains about battery draining when GPS is on. I know what the problem is and it will be fixed in tomorrow's update
* AND THE BIG ONE COMING IN TOMORROW'S UPDATE: RandomChievements : The are phonechievements, yes they are ... but a little special. They are inactive most of the time, meaning you can't unlock them even if you accomplish the goal (by accident :) ). They become active randomly, at any time. You will get a notification that the randomchievement has become active. From that moment on you have a random amount of time to complete it. Sometimes it might be almost impossible to do it. But if you miss it , there's no worry, it will get active some other time. Randomly, of course. The only known fact is that it can not tell you to unlock it in less than 15 minutes. This is the lower limit. The upper limit is 6 hours. There will be a new category called Randomchievements where this new type of phonechievement will take its rest.

Last but not least... if you experience any issues , crashes , please report them so I can try and fix the issues.

Thank you.

P.S.

Can we change the "Oops, I did it again"? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

:) Do you have a suggestion ? Anyway.. I am considering this change for next version

Last edited:

xy90

Aug 3, 2012
You should add some sort of badge system - like with foursquare! But great idea - installed it now : )

Reactions: blazk

xy90

Aug 3, 2012
This will be added in the future, when the profile website will be available.

Oh - and maybe some sort of friendsystem or social integration?

Edit: Nevermind... Saw your post now :p
New thing though - You should hide what makes the achievement unlock - and only show descriptions, so that the exploring is more fun!

Last edited:

UntamedDeviance

I turned on the app at my house and almost got the first altitude achievement! Haha, love this app, such a simple idea that I am sure was a pain to program! I love all the devs that put everything into their apps for me to enjoy!

uploadfromtaptalk1358227964324.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: danisarbu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Phonechievements is back

Phonechievements (latest version 1.35)

About

Phonechievements brings achievements to the mobile phone. For those who are gamers the concept isn't new, for those who are not, achievements are just rewards you get for accomplishing a goal. You don't get an actual prize, it's just a form of reward that you get in writing. Moreover, this app allows you to brag on Facebook with them (for now).

Open the app and navigate through the list. Each achievement has a description on how you can unlock it. Want to let everyone know how you master the phone? Share on Facebook the unlocked achievements. Just open the app and go to the achievement and a Facebook logo button will allow you to do that.

With each update new features and of course new phonechievements will be added.

If you like the idea and want to help me improve or have any suggestions for new achievements, please check it out.

The app is available for Android 2.0+. If you find any issues please let me know so I can fix them.
    Thank you.

Screenshots

lCRqS15.png
    PEPcCti.png
    iyZJpjj.png
    r6dEfNG.png
    O5bt2Ru.png
    dpYDAB6.png
    jzWtw5q.png

Download

Google Play Download Link

Current Features

• More than 70 unlockable achievements in 6 categories (more to come)
    • Share unlocked achievements on Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus
    • Show/hide unlocked achievements
    • Statusbar notification on phonechievement unlocked
    • Possibility to hide individual achievements
    • Option to switch GPS query ON/OFF (if you keep GPS on from android settings the you most probably want tot keep it OFF in the app)
    • Sync your profile online (check what you have synced on http://phonechievements.com/profile/yourchosennickname/) - for now an ugly 10 minutes of code website will appear. The nice one is under construction. This is just for checking purposes
    • Share online profile with most of the sharing apps installed
    • Profile forum signature:
      E.g.:

Code:
      [PLAIN][URL="http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/"][IMG]http://phonechievements.com/profile/Nightfly89/sign/[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Social

Follow on Facebook

IMPORTANT

IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ALWAYS USE THE SYNC OPTION BEFORE DOING AN UPDATE AND ALSO ON A REGULAR BASIS. AFTER YOU UPDATED THE APP IF YOU EXPERIENCE LOSS OF STATS OR ACHIEVEMENTS USE THE SYNC OPTION AGAIN TO RECOVER THEM FROM THE SYNC SERVER

Other projects by us

SOZ Game
    1.22 comes with new goodies

What's new

* Added new category: We are stronger together
    * Added new phonechievement: All for one and one for all
    * Added a new Hidded phonechievement
    * Added changelog: You are reading it now :)
    * Added preference to show or not show the changelog after app update
    * Fixed a minor issue with the ABC phonechievement
    1.37 is out

What's new

* Added new phonechievements: Sea Of Words, Storm Cloud, All For One And Many More For All, Phones Are Deprecated, Remote Controller
    * Added preparations for referral system
    1.21 is here

What's new

* Added new phonechievement: ABC
    * Fixed the notification so it will take you to the unlocked phonechievement when you tap it
    * Other fixes
    * Added some debugging info for the settings activity to help solve a reported issue
    Slackdroid...

Please don't stop to give us more updates...

I believe that i speak for all...We really love your app...

I am working on some features for the app and also on some achievements. In this weekend I will release a new update. I won't stop :)