[Q] Xperia p boot screen loading...

Search This thread

DrDeville

Feb 13, 2013
KL
I flashed the JB latest stock firmware which i downloaded from here, http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/20-sony-xperia-p-lt22 , using flashtool, i unchecked data, and did not check 'no final verification'. The flashing completed but after i flashed, when i turn on my phone, the boot screen just keeps loading on forever. Also i did not enable USB debugging cuz i forgot... My phone is bootloader unlocked.

Can someone help me? :crying: :crying:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I flashed the JB latest stock firmware which i downloaded from here, http://xperiafirmware.com/8-firmware/20-sony-xperia-p-lt22 , using flashtool, i unchecked data, and did not check 'no final verification'. The flashing completed but after i flashed, when i turn on my phone, the boot screen just keeps loading on forever. Also i did not enable USB debugging cuz i forgot... My phone is bootloader unlocked.

First of all turn it off, hold volume up + power untill you feel (1+) 3 vibrations, and charge.
What firmware version you had before?

Reactions: DrDeville

DrDeville

Feb 13, 2013
KL
First of all turn it off, hold volume up + power untill you feel (1+) 3 vibrations, and charge.

I charged. I was previously using Honami MW HD™ V8 .. with nemesis 6.3.. I don't know why this happened. I have flashed several different ROMs earlier but no problem like this whatsoever occurred.
Oh and also, when i first flashed the ROM last night, I was using an older version of Flashtool. But then later i downloaded the latest version and flashed with it too but the result was still the same.

Last edited:

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I charged. I was previously using Honami MW HD™ V8 .. with nemesis 6.3.. I don't know why this happened. I have flashed several different ROMs earlier but no problem like this whatsoever occurred.
Oh and also, when i first flashed the ROM last night, I was using an older version of Flashtool. But then later i downloaded the latest version and flashed with it too but the result was still the same.

I would think it's the fact you did not clear data so you can try just that (exclude everything and just leave all clear options checked) or do full flash.

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
But that would wipe all the data in the phone right including pics and stuff?

There 2 choices:
Have the data and not be able to use the phone.
Or, lose the data and be able to use your phone.
Up to you which you choose.
It's not like you didn't know it is advised to back up your data before flashing ROM

DrDeville

Feb 13, 2013
KL
Try to flash the kernel you had, and perhaps the ROM too without wiping data, it's a long shot but nothing to lpse other than your time.
BTW what data are you worried about, some may be backed up on your google account.

I did flash Nemesis 6.3 but still the phone won't start. And I can't reach CWM even after flashing it but CWM is supposed to be installed along with the kernel. Why can't I go to CWM?

I'm worried about the pictures. I won't be able to recover them cuz I never really synced with google

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I did flash Nemesis 6.3 but still the phone won't start. And I can't reach CWM even after flashing it but CWM is supposed to be installed along with the kernel. Why can't I go to CWM?

I'm worried about the pictures. I won't be able to recover them cuz I never really synced with google

Have no worries then, the pictures are on internal memory and won't be wiped

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
Wow thanks a lot mate!! I did a full flash and guess what it booted. And everything is there. D:
Guess all this time I was worried about something unnecessary. But thanks a lot for your time and help. :D :victory:

You are not the first one to worry about it that's why I asked.
And it would be a good idea to backup your phon regularly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would think it's the fact you did not clear data so you can try just that (exclude everything and just leave all clear options checked) or do full flash.
    But that would wipe all the data in the phone right including pics and stuff?

There 2 choices:
    Have the data and not be able to use the phone.
    Or, lose the data and be able to use your phone.
    Up to you which you choose.
    It's not like you didn't know it is advised to back up your data before flashing ROM
    So what you are saying is there's no other way for me ?

Try to flash the kernel you had, and perhaps the ROM too without wiping data, it's a long shot but nothing to lpse other than your time.
    BTW what data are you worried about, some may be backed up on your google account.

Have no worries then, the pictures are on internal memory and won't be wiped