[Q] Unroot ?

Search This thread

Sighcosis

Apr 1, 2009
Monroe
So being new to the android system and having some experience in the past with WinMo and ROMS and flashing the 1st thing I did with my USSC Mesmerize was to of course root it. No reason.

Used z4root and worked perfect (I guess.LOL) Now have Root Explorer and Superuser.

1st question... Is there a way to unring the bell and Unroot or Reroot. *still learning some new terminology*.

2nd Question.. If I flash with a ROM (once I find one that sounds good) will it be possible to do a hard reset back to factory settings through the Power Button/volume button method. (used that one once as I installed and played with different apps to find what I wanted and needed) It shows a menu when rebooting giving a few options on reset.

Last. If anyone can point me to the Roid Hacking for Dummys section I would be forever grateful. Plans are to learn the ROM processes and work into some app development. (some coding experience and chronic insomniac).

BTW Nice to meet ya all ..

and I thought my Crackberry was addictive

skitzo_inc

Dec 19, 2010
1st question... Is there a way to unring the bell and Unroot or Reroot. *still learning some new terminology*.

I'm using z4root as well. It gives an unroot option at the main screen. I would assume this would unroot the phone, but I am new as well. My phone unroots everytime I put a new ROM on it, which is strange...

2nd Question.. If I flash with a ROM (once I find one that sounds good) will it be possible to do a hard reset back to factory settings through the Power Button/volume button method. (used that one once as I installed and played with different apps to find what I wanted and needed) It shows a menu when rebooting giving a few options on reset.
Restore Files

Last. If anyone can point me to the Roid Hacking for Dummys section I would be forever grateful. Plans are to learn the ROM processes and work into some app development. (some coding experience and chronic insomniac).

I'm learning but reading and rereading everything. I don't want to offer his help for him, but I know that phidelt82 has been a massive help to me. I cannot thank him enough.

I came from a crackberry as well and this is way more addictive, haha.

Reactions: phidelt82

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
So being new to the android system and having some experience in the past with WinMo and ROMS and flashing the 1st thing I did with my USSC Mesmerize was to of course root it. No reason.

Used z4root and worked perfect (I guess.LOL) Now have Root Explorer and Superuser.

To unroot, I would use Super One Click. It is posted in these forums, just do a search and you should easily find it. Once you have it on a Windows PC or virtualbox, you just have to plug your phone in and click UnRoot.

Once you flash a new ROM, if you do a factory reset, all you will be doing is resetting what is stock for that particular ROM. If you want to go back to stock, you will have to flash the stock files using Odin, or flash a stock ROM and unroot it.

Lastly, if you are considering getting in to developing, it is a lot of fun. Be prepared to learn Linux if you don't already know it. Unfortunately, from what I've found in the learning process, there isn't much in the way of a complete document or guide to tell you how to do it. You just fumble around and learn by trial and error piecing what you read together from other phones and talking to people who are already developing. I have only been involved for a month or so, but I'm willing to help you out with whatever I can. We definitely need more people in the mix.

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
I'm using z4root as well. It gives an unroot option at the main screen. I would assume this would unroot the phone, but I am new as well. My phone unroots everytime I put a new ROM on it, which is strange...

Restore Files

I'm learning but reading and rereading everything. I don't want to offer his help for him, but I know that phidelt82 has been a massive help to me. I cannot thank him enough.

I must have been writing at the same time your were. lol... I'm definitely here to help.

Sighcosis

Apr 1, 2009
Monroe
1st and formost.. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I am about to try my 1st flash with the Super Clean mod on these forums.

I do have one other question.

is the MEZ basically same as Fascinate? Can we use same ROMS ?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
1st and formost.. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated.

I am about to try my 1st flash with the Super Clean mod on these forums.

I do have one other question.

is the MEZ basically same as Fascinate? Can we use same ROMS ?

DO NOT FLASH FASCINATE ROMS... it will make you're phone barf... lol

really though. don't flash anything that isn't for the Mesmerize. I can be dangerous.

but yes they are exactly the same... only different. when you look in our firmware there is still a bunch of leftover vzw crap in there.

Sighcosis

Apr 1, 2009
Monroe
Thanks .. LOL seen Fac listed in Clockwork in Downloadable ROMS area. Good thing I wasn't in a adventurous mood tonight .. LOL

imyp

Dec 22, 2010
I am thinking about flashing the superclean rom, but I'm still a little hesitent until I read into it more. I'm new to phone freedom, my crackberry was not nearly as fun as this phone is. I can't wait to see what we can come up with in the future.

skitzo_inc

Dec 19, 2010
I am thinking about flashing the superclean rom, but I'm still a little hesitent until I read into it more. I'm new to phone freedom, my crackberry was not nearly as fun as this phone is. I can't wait to see what we can come up with in the future.

I'm still using the pick and pack rom. I like being able to choose what programs I want to keep, rather than having all or none. I flashed with the voodoo and it's significantly faster.

I'm also a former blackberry user and I agree, these phones are freedom.
If you need any help, feel free to ask. I'm new to this and still getting a lot of help from phidelt82, but I'll do my best. I save all my chat files and am making a list of what exactly to do in order to get backups going, flash roms, install kernals, etc.

Apr 14, 2009
I've never been able to actually get superoneclick to connect to my phone. it just sits there saying waiting for phone and kinda locks up.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks .. LOL seen Fac listed in Clockwork in Downloadable ROMS area. Good thing I wasn't in a adventurous mood tonight .. LOL

Actually that's how you get the mes CWM to work. You have to install the clockworkmod using the thread in the apps and dev section, then flash the fascinate recovery to finish it up. It's essential for flashing roms and such.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Restore Files