• DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 1,086
  • DSC00103.jpg
    DSC00103.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 1,092

kocis_p

May 28, 2012
The idea is great but it shows signs of grinding sand, I've worked with acetone to some noka phone, it is much easier and nicer.

Last edited:

Hevlaska

May 30, 2012
Penang
This is a really cool idea, you could just brush it for the brushed metal feel, sandblast it with varying densities for different feel, chrome it for the mirror efffect or even powdercoat it =D

Im glad DHD rear cover is made of metal.

flipflop87

May 13, 2012
anyone know where u can find parts like batterycover simcard cover, red color from inspire 4g red?

might wanna try this out and mix up with the red covers

Davolon

Jun 1, 2012
Geisenheim
Red inspire 4g Backparts

Hi,
i really really really like this mod and i am already thinking about doing the same thing but replacing the backparts with the red ones from Inspire 4g

anyone know where u can find parts like batterycover simcard cover, red color from inspire 4g red?

might wanna try this out and mix up with the red covers

i usually try ebay.com if i want to get some specific parts. usually you get stuff like this from China or HongKong or somewhere like that^^

i hope i am allowed to post this link but maybe it would help... :D

okay... as it seems i am not allowed to xD well, just search for

OEM HOUSING BATTERY BACK COVER SIM COVER HTC INSPIRE 4G A9191 DESIRE HD G10 RED

on ebay.

you can choose the parts by this mhh... dunno the english word. maybe selector right next to the price.

i thought about buying an inspire 4g case and letting a good friend of mine sandblast (hope it is the right word... German word is sandstrahlen) it and afterwards polish it.
I decided to use the Inspire 4g because it just has thit AT&T brand and not the HTC inlay. So the back would be one big mirror.

What do you think, is this a good idea or not... do you think the AT&T case will fit? in theory it shouldwork out properly because it is the same device just different name...

Something else, what polish stuff would you recommend for the mirrored look? somewhere i read something about some polish adding a thin layer of silicone to provide surface from oxidating.

hope my first post was not toooooo long... ^^
greetz
david

Hevlaska

May 30, 2012
Penang
hey there, i believe, if your friend has tools to sandblast it, im pretty sure he can chrome it up for you as well. Why not discuss with your friend? if he does sandblasting, im sure he can come up with lots of interesting ideas.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I've seen the chromed Desire HD on the XDA front page and thought it was totally awesome. So i did it with my own phone too, but i wanted something extra, so i've also painted some stuff.

And maybe some more people want to do it but don't know how.. That's the reason i've made this short tutorial :D

And also post your own results in this topic :D

Let's start the pimping:

First up is removing this little sticker and pull out the volume button thingy with some tweezers or a small screwdriver
    1.jpg

The next step is removing the GPS antenna. This is the small rubber piece that also holds the plastic glass for the dual LED's.
    This is a hard piece to remove and i don't have pictures of this procedure. But i think the best way is to carefully open/push away the 8 plastic pins on the sides of the rubber with a sharp stanley knife. I started at the top and went round the entire think. Slowly it will pop out of the body.

Then you have to remove 5 screws with a small skrewdriver thing. I tried some of mine until one fitted. Don't know witch size it is exactly.
    2.jpg

After you've removed the 5 screws you can carefully remove the body from the phone. You have to tilt it a little bit because the light sensor (the most right dot at the side of the speaker grill) is a little bit sunk into the body.
    3.jpg

The next step is to remove all the small little pieces from the aluminium piece.
    The camera cover has 4 little metal taps that you have to fold a little bit to the inside, then it will fall out of the body.
    The other 3 things are easily to remove, their held in place with some double sticky tape stuff.
    4.jpg

Now it's time to sand the thing until you've got the result you want. I didn't want to have it really shiny so i stopped when i got a nice brushed look. But if you want to have it shine you just have to keep sanding (up to grid 2500).
    I've started with a sandpaper with grid size 200. After all the paint was gone i've wet sanded with 400 and after that 800. These are my results:
    5.jpg

When i was sanding i noticed the HTC logo letters were falling out :p
    I removed them. After the sanding I've painted them black with a very fluid paint so it will fill up the gap nicely. The excess paint you can easily sand away with grid 800.
    6.jpg

In the meantime when the paint had to dry i roughened up the surface of the small pieces and prepared them fore a paint job.
    7.jpg

After two layers of standard spray paint (color mat traffic red) i noticed i didn't like the red speaker grill. It was just ugly. So i've sanded the paint off of the piece and painted it black :)
    8.jpg

The next step would be to glue the small pieces back on the body. I don't know exactly what glue it was. But it's glue that is pretty fluid and dries up pretty quickly. The English translation would be 'secondglue' :p but i don't know that's the right description ^^

9.jpg

10.jpg

Have fun modding your Desire HD and show me your results :D :cool:

Regards, Bas ;)
    Hi guys, I finally started modding my DHD, I had a few problems and there are still some elements that need to be redone (paint peeled off) but in overall I think it looks cool :D
    thumbnails

MORE PICS The back is all matte black (powder paint) and all the elements are sprayed "Ferrari Red" :D Sorry for bad quality pics but I took them with Xperia X10 mini pro. In reality the red really stands out, on pics it look a bit faded.
    wow very nice!!
    but if ill do it, i know ill kill my phone :p
    My pimpin

here is my work.

only broken thing is me thumb and my volume down key :laugh:

i used 400, 320, 200 sandpaper, standart sprey paint and some glue to re-attach buttons to cover shell..

sanding is the most diffiuclt part of all.
    Google still has em:
    http://goo.gl/k67bQ
    first 4-5 pics.