The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity Thread

Search This thread

Bigzinewicz

Feb 16, 2012
Norwich
Ordered Asus transformer infinity from Adorama.

I ordered the 64gb champagne gold Asus transformer infinity from Adorama a few days ago when they initially became available for pre-order. I had to actually call the store though as they weren't being allowed to take pre-orders online at the time. It looks as if they are taking pre-orders on line now though if anyone is interested. I got an email telling me the item is back stocked and should ship in 10 to 14 days and that was about 4 or 5 days ago. Waiting on the email confirmation for shipping. Your not charged until the item ships and if you decide to cancel which I'm starting to think of doing its an easy one call process. I'm strongly reconsidering my pre-order especially with the new Nexus 7 currently shipping and at a much better value. I'm gonna wait a few more days at most and see what happens.

apkapkapk

Dec 12, 2008
Can anyone advise me on the following?

I'm from Singapore and I think we're not gonna get this anytime soon. The ONLY news I've heard is that it'll be here in September. I've been looking around at the sites suggested and am really considering importing one. I may be able to get someone to bring it in for me from the US but the thing I'm worried about is warranty. When you guys bought your tablets (from whichever outlet/shop), did it come with a 1 year international warranty? If the warranty is only applicable in the US and to the outlet/shop of purchase then I don't think it'll be wise to buy it from there.

Still, I really wanna get my hands on this tablet before my new year in the school starts (mid August). Opinions/suggestions anyone?

shadow071506

Jan 8, 2011
Can anyone advise me on the following?

I'm from Singapore and I think we're not gonna get this anytime soon. The ONLY news I've heard is that it'll be here in September. I've been looking around at the sites suggested and am really considering importing one. I may be able to get someone to bring it in for me from the US but the thing I'm worried about is warranty. When you guys bought your tablets (from whichever outlet/shop), did it come with a 1 year international warranty? If the warranty is only applicable in the US and to the outlet/shop of purchase then I don't think it'll be wise to buy it from there.

Still, I really wanna get my hands on this tablet before my new year in the school starts (mid August). Opinions/suggestions anyone?

Hey...I'm from the Philippines and I was actually planning on going to Singapore during the second week of August and I was actually thinking of getting an infinity there...but from what I have heard from u, is there really no possibility of it arriving in Singapore by the second week of August? aren't there any shops in Sim Lim selling any infinity at the moment? btw, if you don't mind me asking, how much are the tf300's selling there in Singapore? :)

apkapkapk

Dec 12, 2008
Hey...I'm from the Philippines and I was actually planning on going to Singapore during the second week of August and I was actually thinking of getting an infinity there...but from what I have heard from u, is there really no possibility of it arriving in Singapore by the second week of August? aren't there any shops in Sim Lim selling any infinity at the moment? btw, if you don't mind me asking, how much are the tf300's selling there in Singapore? :)

Hey! I haven't checked any shops in Sim Lim. Don't really trust them anyway. For this sorta thing, I'd rather go to Funan to get it. Anyway, getting back to the subject, I don't think there're any in SG yet that's why I'm thinking of going the import route.

TF300 has varying prices here. I heard someone got a 32GB WiFi set including dock at 699SGD at Sim Lim. Then again it's from Sim Lim so I'm not sure. From what I remember, the typical price of a TF300 32GB WiFi including dock is 749SGD. The WiFi+3G 32GB set is 899SGD at Challenger (889SGD for members).

rockface

Jun 11, 2010
Huntsville, AL
www.upriding.com
I ordered from Adorama on the 15th - currently "Pending" - I called and they have no idea as to when the orders will be filled.
Out of frustration, I just ordered another one from Amazon. I'm also going out for lunch to see if it's at any local stores.
Worst case, is I'll end up with 3 of them

shadow071506

Jan 8, 2011
Hey! I haven't checked any shops in Sim Lim. Don't really trust them anyway. For this sorta thing, I'd rather go to Funan to get it. Anyway, getting back to the subject, I don't think there're any in SG yet that's why I'm thinking of going the import route.

TF300 has varying prices here. I heard someone got a 32GB WiFi set including dock at 699SGD at Sim Lim. Then again it's from Sim Lim so I'm not sure. From what I remember, the typical price of a TF300 32GB WiFi including dock is 749SGD. The WiFi+3G 32GB set is 899SGD at Challenger (889SGD for members).

Thanks for the info regarding tf300.. up until now, im still choosing between tf300 and tf700... but i guess i'll just go straight to tf700 but i guess we have the same problem as of now... I'm betting its going to take a lot longer for the tf700 to reach the philippines, since the tf300 is still not released here... If ever you get any idea regarding import and all, do let me know here in the forum... SIngapore and Philippines aren't exactly that far so I guess I can work something to out ... :) I just hope ASUS singapore or philippines does something to actually speed up the release of the infinity in our countries >_<

rockface

Jun 11, 2010
Huntsville, AL
www.upriding.com
I pre-purchased a champagne keyboard/dock so I'm locked into the color.
It really looks like the only color shipping is Gray/Purple Blah!
Is there anyone ordering a champagne model actually who has been notified of it shipping?

Also, I stopped by two Office Depots and our local Best Buy... None of them had a clue when it was coming in and the Best Buy said it usually takes a month for new product to show up in the stores.

technobuzz

Jun 21, 2012
I called j&R this morning to confirm about when they will start shipping infinity. They told me its still back-ordered, so i told them that its already available and shipping in few stores!! Anyways, long story short, they said that if thats the case that it "might" be available in 5-7 days.

I'm in Texas, so office-depot,Amazon etc are out of option as they are charging tax which increases the cost by 50 dollar. Also, i prefer Champagne color which is not available yet. Thats the reason i'm sticking to J&R.

If someone gets any updates on J&R, please notify on this blog.

apkapkapk

Dec 12, 2008
Does anyone know if any of these places have an Asus International Warranty included with the tablet?

Beknatok

Dec 1, 2008
Chicagoland Burbs
I called j&R this morning to confirm about when they will start shipping infinity. They told me its still back-ordered, so i told them that its already available and shipping in few stores!! Anyways, long story short, they said that if thats the case that it "might" be available in 5-7 days.

I'm in Texas, so office-depot,Amazon etc are out of option as they are charging tax which increases the cost by 50 dollar. Also, i prefer Champagne color which is not available yet. Thats the reason i'm sticking to J&R.

If someone gets any updates on J&R, please notify on this blog.

Thanks for that update. I'm waiting too.

rockface

Jun 11, 2010
Huntsville, AL
www.upriding.com
Mail call... It's a box! Its a shinny new Champagne colored... wait for it... Asus - keyboard/dock! The color is amazing, the keys have a perfect feel and the build quality looks great. I had no clue the Champagne tablet would have a 1 to 2 month wait... This is going to seem longer than the 6 months of waiting it took to place an order. It's a darn good thing i have y'all here as my support group.

Crizthakidd

Jul 28, 2010
Jersey
im trying to seee why everyone wants champagne, it seems like your holding a golden pan . xD i think the gray version thats being caleld slightly purple looks more silver and modern . hm , and why buy the 64gig version if u can just get the 32 version and a class 10 32 gig sd for 19 bucks , plus another 16 on a micro sd xD

Top Liked Posts