[Q] Echoing

Search This thread

berurier1

May 24, 2011
Fribourg
Hello,

Apparently since I flashed my LG G2 int. on CM11, I have a echo problem . The people online with me have a voice return in their phone (they hear their voices back)
Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

Reactions: captainpuppet

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Hello,

Apparently since I flashed my LG G2 int. on CM11, I have a echo problem . The people online with me have a voice return in their phone (they hear their voices back)
judging by the fact that the kernel from wootever and the PA kernel don't have this issue i would say the issue is with the kernel used on CM11 however both wootevers and the PA kernel are not compatible with the official cm11 builds and result in a strange bootloop screen flicker.

JBiBBs5

Aug 10, 2011
Echo

Hello,

I've had this problem on both CM11 and PA4. I heard that this is a bug on almost all AOSP 4.4 roms. The latest CM nightly (12-10) actually fixed it. I have the ATT version so I'm not sure if it's fixed on your variant.

Something even more annoying for me has been that I'm hearing touch sounds during voice calls. I like the new touch sound but I don't want to hear it while I'm talking to someone on the phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

berurier1

May 24, 2011
Fribourg
Thank you for your answer.
I'm on the latest CM11 nightly (20131209) for LG G2 int.
I think I'll still stay on CM11 and wait until a fix.

JBiBBs5

Aug 10, 2011
No problem. I'm sure the fix will be included in the next build.

Have you heard that weird noise during voice calls? I have only seen one other person mention it. If no one else has the problem I may swap out my phone for another one before my return period expires.

Acetherockr

No problem. I'm sure the fix will be included in the next build.

Have you heard that weird noise during voice calls? I have only seen one other person mention it. If no one else has the problem I may swap out my phone for another one before my return period expires.

I'm having the exact same problem. People say they have all kinds of crazy feedback while on the phone with me, and I also hear touch sounds in phone calls. I have the VZW model, so this confirms that it's a nightly bug. I'll just wait for a fix :good:

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Yea the echo bug is annoying. I'm trying out the 801 Carbon Rom and it doesn't have the bug. Its JB but has a lot of options.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I see some people say the echo issue is fixed on some Roms but I still have it. Guess I'll go back to a stock Rom for now.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

bukmba

Jul 23, 2013
I see some people say the echo issue is fixed on some Roms but I still have it. Guess I'll go back to a stock Rom for now.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

I am on stock rom and do have this issue. Reducing the volume during a call solves the problem for the other party.
But you need to reduce to almost a minimum.

P

podagee

the echo problem is persistent. it obviously is not a kernel issue because ive tried about all the roms there is for the d800 and they all have the echoing,even the roms like Mahdi that say echo fix.
i've been to AT&T a few times for the issue,even returned a phone because of it,tried swapping out sim cards and nothing.
it seems more of a software or hardware issue.
i only have the echoing when calling people that are on the same carrier as me. every other carrier seems to be clear and no echo.
maybe its AT&T???

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I am on stock rom and do have this issue. Reducing the volume during a call solves the problem for the other party.
But you need to reduce to almost a minimum.
I've never had the echo on a stock Rom but do on most of the KitKat Roms. Turning the volume down does nothing for me.

the echo problem is persistent. it obviously is not a kernel issue because ive tried about all the roms there is for the d800 and they all have the echoing,even the roms like Mahdi that say echo fix.
i've been to AT&T a few times for the issue,even returned a phone because of it,tried swapping out sim cards and nothing.
it seems more of a software or hardware issue.
i only have the echoing when calling people that are on the same carrier as me. every other carrier seems to be clear and no echo.
maybe its AT&T???
I have the 801 build and Mahdi does get rid of the echo for me. I think he's trying to figure out exactly how to fix the issue and once he's done maybe that will fix it for everyone. Or we might just have to wait til audio drivers or whatever it is, is updated. If I see one 801 user say echo in any Rom I won't flash it.

gypsy214

Jan 24, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Oh god i been through this with the galaxy s2. I sure hope it's not hardware. But our issue was with the noise reduction. I just noticed 4.4 roms doesn't have that issue. If i remember it was a combination with noise reduction and radio.

mannequin

Feb 7, 2011
New York
maybe its AT&T???

the echo issue seems to be out of control. happens to a lot of modern phones too it seems all across the carriers.

D801 T-Mobile stock rooted here and people on the other hand on the same carrier hear the echo. strangely enough, there's no echo whatsoever when using wifi calling. not sure what to do about it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I have also the echo bug on all cm11 roms. Only the latest Mahdi have solved this problem. But what is the issus? On strock or stock custom roms i dont have a echo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

its a big known issue come on devs n mods please help us:(:crying: