Anyone use Skype?

Search This thread

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Does anyone successfully use Skype on this phone?

If so could you please list

1. Android version and ROM
2. Kernel
3. Skype version

I get crashes when the other user answers the phone on

1. Mackay Rom Kitkat
2. Mackay Kernel
3. Skype 4.5.0

Tried an older version (3.2) and the calls connected but the quality was horrible to the extent where nothing could be understood properly (not network issues as Viber worked perfectly, as did Skype on my nexus 5)

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines
Tried an older version (3.2) and the calls connected but the quality was horrible to the extent where nothing could be understood properly (not network issues as Viber worked perfectly, as did Skype on my nexus 5)

Could be due to lack of memory, try testing on today's release of new Mackay ROM and kernel with more memory. If it fails you should attach log-cat and post in Makay ROM, thread as bug report . you can try other apps like hangout to check too .

Also look at FAQ here [FAQ][Discussion][Reviews] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S & S Plus [i9000][i9001]

Reactions: Aadilnz

Aadilnz

Apr 1, 2012
Queensland
Could be due to lack of memory, try testing on today's release of new Mackay ROM and kernel with more memory. If it fails you should attach log-cat and post in Makay ROM, thread as bug report . you can try other apps like hangout to check too .

Also look at FAQ here [FAQ][Discussion][Reviews] Kit Kat 4.4 / CM 11 for Galaxy S & S Plus [i9000][i9001]

No luck unfortunately, do you use skype yourself?

The FC only happens when making calls, I can answer calls fine.

Viber and hangouts work fine

Last edited:

Cyrd

Jan 2, 2014
Palermo
Hi, I'm also using CyanAOSP 4.4. Ver. 2.8 with the latest gear kernel 1.1.2s. I occasionally get the fc but most of the time the call connects and I don't get any more problems. So you could also try this combo and tell me how it went.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts