[Q] HELP !! bricked HTC ONE

Search This thread

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
1. I can't post screenshot, because the phone is at the service, but I'm with hboot 1.56, radio 4A.23.3263.28, and the OS is blank.
2. TWRP 2.6.3.3
3. It'was ok, I already checked it before installation.
4. After flashing the rom and restarting the phone, it goes direct to bootloader whit "Active cmdline overflow".

Thanks mishka, appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: missshka

EvanLe

Feb 24, 2014
Even a full (successful) ruu and/or firmware flash didn't fix it.

still no solution from my end (but hoping for some feedback), but can you guys give precise details of how it happened, including recovery used (and version number), and what you were flashing. (the more info, the more chances of finding the cause of the problem, and hopefully a solution)

EDIT: and reflashing a good "boot.iimg" hasn't solved it for you?

Hi guys

While my phone was working, I didn't try even 1 time to s-off. Nkk71 helps me a lot of thing to figure out, but nothing has been working yet ...

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
biting the bullet and sending the phone to HTC on sunday..... :(

No joy so far, all attempts have hit a brick wall
brickwall.gif

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi guys,
my phone is back to life again thanks to one good man! He also did not find a software way, so used jtag. Still no solution here?

No unfortunately no solution has been found, as far as I know.

It seems a corruption of the misc partition (mmcblk0p19) is causing it, but how to repair it using only fastboot eludes me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sh*t. :mad:

another "active commandline overflow", i still havent figured that one out :(

let me do some research later and and see if I can figure out why this is happening even with S-On...
    (even after restoring the firmware)

I'll get back to you...

Hi guys, @EvanLe and @shanewilliamson

so you both, have the same problem "Active cmdline overflow" on the M7.

The things we know:
    1- it's usually due to a bad kernel
    2- you're both s-on, so you are not supposed to be able to mess with low-level partitions

The things we don't know:
    1- why was it corrupted
    2- why did a (signed) firmware.zip not fix it

so who's online? and let's merge those threads
    @EvanLe 's http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659677
    @shanewilliamson 's http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2662492

I'm sure you guys have googled enough to see there's no real useful intel out there, so this will be trial and error
    (and I'm not responsible for anything going wrong!! it's already bad enough, and nobody with more knowledge has chipped in)

Let me know who wishes to proceed...

not yet :(

haven't forgotten you though................

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

{QUOTE}
    The things we know:
    1- it's usually due to a bad kernel
    2- you're both s-on, so you are not supposed to be able to mess with low-level partitions

The things we don't know:
    1- why was it corrupted
    2- why did a (signed) firmware.zip not fix it {QUOTE}

Just wondering, Has the OP ever tried to S-Off with the likes of rumrunner etc before, and because it never worked, gave up.
    Maybe and its just a maybe, rumrunner etc unlocked a few locks but didnt open the door,
    effectively still S-On but now able to write to low level partitions
    Just a thought.

he (and the other guys), aren't even able to get to recovery... how are they going to S-Off :confused:

and s-off is not the solution here, it's getting up and running
    You misunderstood me.. I mean, did any of them try to S-Off when their phones were working using rumrunner etc and it failed to all intent and purposes.. But it may have unlocked a few securities,
    This could explain why a badly flashed kernel could write to a otherwise secure partition.
    Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app
    Even a full (successful) ruu and/or firmware flash didn't fix it.

I have the same problem, and yes, I tried to s-off with rumrunner when my phone was working, but I didn't. Now I can only get to bootloader and have "Active cmdline overflow!".

I have the same problem as the other guys.
    :( :(
    still no solution from my end (but hoping for some feedback), but can you guys give precise details of how it happened, including recovery used (and version number), and what you were flashing. (the more info, the more chances of finding the cause of the problem, and hopefully a solution)

EDIT: and reflashing a good "boot.iimg" hasn't solved it for you?
    Unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and flashed custom rom with Clockwork mode recovery. I don't like it and try to go back to stock. Try to S-OFF with rumrunner, no success. Decided to flash another ROM - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2626050 with TWR latest version and after that the phone went to bootloader with "Active cmdline overflow". Now, I can only relock and unlock again my bootloader, fastboot reboot works, fastboot getvar all works too, but I can't flash recovery.

can you please post a
    1- screenshot of bootloader,
    2- version number of TWRP, "latest" is not a version number
    3- can you check the MD5 of the rom you downloaded to make sure the download isn't corrupt -> if it is, please let me know
    4- do you remember where the 1st bootloop occurred?

I'm trying to narrow down the parameters of when/why/how this is happening, in the hope of finding some solution (maybe!)

Thanks