stock on booting process with locked recovery

Search This thread

devbro

Feb 26, 2010
I just got a new TF701 :) during excitement I didnt realize that my charger is defective and while it was doing a firmware update it ran out of power.

Now I have a asus transformer that gets stuck on the boot. I get to the screen that I see the ASUS logo and the circle thingy turns at the bottom.

My recovery is locked as I never unlocked it in the first place.

I am looking for suggestions that I can do to recover from this problem.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
You should be able to manually flash the firmware.
Download the correct firmware for your region (US for the USofA, WW for Europe, Austalia etc) from Asus Support Downloads.
Unzip the downloaded file once which will give you another zip. Copy that xxxx.user.zip to the root of an empty, fat32 formatted microSD.
Insert microSD into powered down tablet.
Boot holding Power and Volume Dwn buttons until you see a screen with 3 icons. RCK should be flashing.
Push Volume Up to enter recovery.
The recovery will recognize the firmware file and flash it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

devbro

Feb 26, 2010
You should be able to manually flash the firmware.
Download the correct firmware for your region (US for the USofA, WW for Europe, Austalia etc) from Asus Support Downloads.
Unzip the downloaded file once which will give you another zip. Copy that xxxx.user.zip to the root of an empty, fat32 formatted microSD.
Insert microSD into powered down tablet.
Boot holding Power and Volume Dwn buttons until you see a screen with 3 icons. RCK should be flashing.
Push Volume Up to enter recovery.
The recovery will recognize the firmware file and flash it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Extra info: I am in USA so I have to use US firmware

I have tried this process using a 32GB sdcard. But no hope. After I get to the recovery screen and select RCK, it shows "signature matched" then shows an android with a blue line under and soon after shows an android with an exclamation mark.

I tried to do the process using WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate.zip. This apparently did something as the part with an android and blue line under took longer and the line partially change to brighter blue. But again I ended up with a dead android sign and no luck in getting out of it.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Extra info: I am in USA so I have to use US firmware

I have tried this process using a 32GB sdcard. But no hope. After I get to the recovery screen and select RCK, it shows "signature matched" then shows an android with a blue line under and soon after shows an android with an exclamation mark.

I tried to do the process using WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate.zip. This apparently did something as the part with an android and blue line under took longer and the line partially change to brighter blue. But again I ended up with a dead android sign and no luck in getting out of it.

Please post the exact file name of the zip you try to flash.

devbro

Feb 26, 2010
Here are the files I tried to flash:
US_epaduser_10_14_1_47_UpdateLauncher.zip -> UL-K00C-US-10.14.1.47-user.zip
US_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip -> UL-K00C-US-10.26.1.18-user.zip
WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate.zip -> T4_SDUPDATE.zip

Only the third one showed some promise but I still get the failed android symbol.

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I'm stumped....
The only thing I can think of is a bad download, but twice in a row??? I am not counting the T4 file since you cannot do a SKU conversion on stock.
Time for a warranty claim I'm afraid....

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
It's possible something got corrupted if it powered off during the flash process. You'd think in this day and age asus would force you to be powered above a certain level or connected to the charger....

If you are locked ask for an exchange.