[recovery] twrp 2.8 OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL

Search This thread

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

RAsb.jpg

***WHAT WORKS***

EVERYTHING and it's been made OFFICIAL

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT VERSION'S I WILL NOT BE TO BLAME IF YOU FLASH THE WRONG ONE

READ THIS IF YOU FLASH THE RECOVERY AND THEN ASK ME QUESTIONS I WILL POINT YOU TO THIS THREAD OR EVEN IGNORE YOU

READ REGARDING ADB IN RECOVERY

TWRP IRC CHANNEL

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD ---- MY BUILD

Thanks to
The TWRP GUYS
and football for his ruu's so i can get the img's i need
and milestoner for confirming it works :)
Mr anon
and all the following people

orb3000
morphly
hasoon2000
hasan_abeer
vogi
chrigel2000
AndroHero
ectodroid
ALF@be
Anon #1
Ixz
bboerny
Anon #2
Anon #3
sellers86
Wik
Anon #4
simonsimons34
caedanne
flipside101
morphly
bboerny

TWRP WEBSITE

Last edited:

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
**INSTRUCTIONS**

Download the file

then either use HASOON'S toolkit

or

Manual method

reboot into bootloader

fastboot flash recovery TWRPrecovery.img

SIDELOAD INSTRUCTIONS

I had the same issue and fixed it via adb sideload.
I have uploaded the latest binaries to my dev host account.
1. Download and extract these to a directory and copy the rom over into the same directory.
2. Boot up your phone into twrp recovery.
3. Select advanced and adbsideload (Your phone will be waiting for the file transfer.)
4. Open command prompt in the above directory you created with the binaries and rom.
5. Issue command "adb devices" (You should get the serial number with sideload next to it)
6. Finally issue command "adb sideload rom.zip" (rom.zip will be the name of your rom)

This will start sending your rom to the handset and will automatically install.

Hope the above helps :)

Link to Binaries:

ADB Binaries

Last edited:

thecompany

Dec 17, 2006
So it's still untested? I would like to install it but I'm afraid it will brick my phone somehow..

Edit: Flashed it but I can't seem to browse through the sdcard, just the internal system (/sdcard vs /sdcard1) where the app/system etc. is located.

Last edited:

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
So it's still untested? I would like to install it but I'm afraid it will brick my phone somehow..

Edit: Flashed it but I can't seem to browse through the sdcard, just the internal system (/sdcard vs /sdcard1) where the app/system etc. is located.

meh thanks dude, i'll look into this more when i get the HOX+

locking thread for now

samomamo

Jul 17, 2010
Does this work with At&t HTC one X+?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using xda premium

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
May 10, 2009
Paris
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Just a few comments:

- can't mount SD Card in Recovery (or at least can't access to it)
- backup/nandroid is saved in (SDCard - DATA) / TWP
and not in (SDCard - DATA)/media, so can't access to the back-up

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
Just a few comments:

- can't mount SD Card in Recovery (or at least can't access to it)
- backup/nandroid is saved in (SDCard - DATA) / TWP
and not in (SDCard - DATA)/media, so can't access to the back-up

cant access it from TWRP? or? i cant test sdcard mount as linux is being a *****, but it looks like it mounts fine, i have a nandroid and i can see it to restore......

*edit*

nevermind see what you mean, i'll sort it for the next build

Last edited:

milestoner

Jun 17, 2010
I can confirm that mount points are borked at the moment. While in recovery the sdcard can be found in /sdcard/media. Backing up seem to work ok but backups are insanely huge (6.6GB for a compressed backup!). This is probably because everything including the whole sdcard is backed up. While TWRP itself finds the backups just fine, when android is running they are located in /data/TWRP. I haven't tried to restore a backup yet.

I'm a little bit worried about what will happen later if I try to restore one of my backups that are made with the current TWRP version. Will the fixed version recognize and correct the mixed up mount points of the current version? If not, I can forget about all of my current backups :(.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Just two more minor details: Time and battery values displayed at the top of TWRP are wrong. The battery stays put at 66% and time is shifted by a couple of hours.

Thanks again for your work!

Lloir

Mar 23, 2009
I can confirm that mount points are borked at the moment. While in recovery the sdcard can be found in /sdcard/media. Backing up seem to work ok but backups are insanely huge (6.6GB for a compressed backup!). This is probably because everything including the whole sdcard is backed up. While TWRP itself finds the backups just fine, when android is running they are located in /data/TWRP. I haven't tried to restore a backup yet.

I'm a little bit worried about what will happen later if I try to restore one of my backups that are made with the current TWRP version. Will the fixed version recognize and correct the mixed up mount points of the current version? If not, I can forget about all of my current backups :(.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Just two more minor details: Time and battery values displayed at the top of TWRP are wrong. The battery stays put at 66% and time is shifted by a couple of hours.

Thanks again for your work!

yea the battery thing is a pain, time you can set yourself...the fstab is fine, it's other settings i need to sort out, just working on the AT&T one and then i'll sort this one out

n3ocort3x

May 10, 2012
Vienna
@LIoir

you wont belive it but HTC ONE X+ source code for Kernel is out (sorry for writing it here), so i can start to look into it !

I will try to push the source to github tonight, so you can also have a look into it and if you still wont to, we can work together on it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.8, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

RAsb.jpg

***WHAT WORKS***

EVERYTHING and it's been made OFFICIAL

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CORRECT VERSION'S I WILL NOT BE TO BLAME IF YOU FLASH THE WRONG ONE

READ THIS IF YOU FLASH THE RECOVERY AND THEN ASK ME QUESTIONS I WILL POINT YOU TO THIS THREAD OR EVEN IGNORE YOU

READ REGARDING ADB IN RECOVERY

TWRP IRC CHANNEL

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD ---- MY BUILD

Thanks to
    The TWRP GUYS
    and football for his ruu's so i can get the img's i need
    and milestoner for confirming it works :)
    Mr anon
    and all the following people

orb3000
    morphly
    hasoon2000
    hasan_abeer
    vogi
    chrigel2000
    AndroHero
    ectodroid
    ALF@be
    Anon #1
    Ixz
    bboerny
    Anon #2
    Anon #3
    sellers86
    Wik
    Anon #4
    simonsimons34
    caedanne
    flipside101
    morphly
    bboerny

TWRP WEBSITE
    ALL builds that are official (AT&T AND INTER)

NOW HAVE FIXED OFF MODE CHARGING

ALL HAVE BEEN UPDATED TODAY

ALL MY LINKS ARE UPDATED TO POINT TO OFFICIAL
    AT&T Users i'll sort you guys out a build sometime soon.
    Tonight I needed to do work on twrp, and well fixed charging in recovery for good. I mean it this time... perma fixed it. No build up blah blah, my fixes should be in the next official TWRP build.

And yes it's back to the old wait 30-60seconds and it will "activate" at least it turns on now....
    i haz present from dees_troy :laugh: TWRP 2.4 just going to flash it on my device 1st if all good, i'll whack it out to you guys