[Q] Stuck on bootscreen after updating (SHV-E210)

Search This thread

ololof

Jul 14, 2014
After doing a software update the phone keeps getting stuck on the boot screen. Any idea what can be wrong or could be done?

It's the Korean LTE version that I brought back after living in Seoul. After it bugged out I tried the boot up menu (power, home, vol up) and tried a factory reset, but it seems the faulty software update is stuck.

I bought it in a Korean store and I don't have any manuals, computer software or boxes left. I am guessing I have to connect it to my computer and use it as an external source for the software update, but I am not sure on how to do this. Is there possibly a guide for my problem?

Best regards, Olof

Edit:
I have tried the factory reset and the wipe cache option without any success.

I have also tried using Kies to connect but it seems to be unable to reach the phone. Windows detects the device and tries to install drivers, but fails during. It's weird because I've used the USB cable previously and the drivers should still be in the system (win7).

I have not rooted or flashed or made anything like that. I bought it in a Korean store and I am not sure if they might have done something to it.

Last edited: