[Apps] The Seven+ Project

Search This thread

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
Roughly three weeks ago I decided to take the user interface library I was working on for Android to the next level in the form of The Seven+ Project. Myself, along with a number of other talented developers, are working on a suite of applications for Android using this user interface. Ultimately we are working to have this suite efficient, fluid, and interconnected. Do continue to check in on these applications as more features get added and bugs get fixed. We are always looking for feedback and bug reports. So check out our applications and our website and let us know what you think!
Unlike past initiatives we are a cooperative organization composed of independent developers, who, when using our using interface retain complete control over their applications. We are also about more than just copying; the PLUS in Seven+ is all about adding more features, customizations, and more.
Also a note to developers: we are looking for skilled developers that have made applications previously and want to adapt them using our user interface. Pretty much any standard application is fair game, so whether you have an email, calendar, set of widgets, or something else, if you want to make an application using our please contact us.

Links to a few of our applications:

- Launcher 7 by Timo Kujala
- Seven+ Calculator by Thomas Barrasso
- WP7Lock by Sami Musallam
- ZPlayer by Temitayo Odesanmi
- StatusBar+ by Thomas Barrasso
- Messaging7 by Omkar Deshmukh

Also follow us on Twitter, Google+, and check out sevenplusandroid.org.

Last edited:

dodgersrgood

Jan 18, 2011
Haha ok so I don't know if you have any idea if what's going on but I downloaded the lockscreen to check it out (pretty cool btw) but went back to widgetlocker and everytime I press the home button it comes up with all my home apps and then I select one and I set it as default then when I launch a diff app and press home the ssame thing pops up. Its like the defaults keep getting cleared for some reason. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
@HearthC0re The closest thing to an affiliation is that some of the developers (notably those of ZPlayer and WP7Lock) are now part of our project. We are a collaborative organization of independent developers using a common user interface library that will hopefully make its way into a number of applications.

@dodgersrgood I suggest you send Sami Musallam an email as he is the developer of WP7Lock. His email is sami.musallam7@gmail.com.

@xriderx66 Thanks, glad to hear it!

SimianJones

Oct 24, 2007
The Woodlands
i think that you ought to offer a free version of your UI demo so that you can build some momentum support for your project. I think the windows phone UI is great and I would like to see it thuroughly baked into a rom, not just sitting on top of cm7 or something. Keep up the great work and I would encourage you to keep the community up to date with developments.

Also, there are some grammatical problems with your website.

Good luck!

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
@SimianJones I am not too sure about a ROM as we have neither a developer who knows where to begin, nor the honest desire. The problem with a ROM is that it would reach so many less people and require that one be built for each and every device. The UI I am building uses the Android SDK and is designed to work well with any application. While a ROM would be nice, it would have to be in the distant future when the UI is more mature, bug free, and when we find an interest in building a ROM.

Phew, that is enough of that. As far as updates, will do. We have/ are working on a better blog, our Twitter, mailing list, and more to keep those interested up-to-date.

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
I like the launcher but how do you add more homescreen?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I tried out the launcher and I like it. It does pose some problems with larger widgets. The launcher gives size options of one or two tiles. This squeezes 4 by x widgets making them harder, sometimes impossible, to use. For example, I can use BeWeather by using a larger font size in that widget's settings. I cannot use PocketBreeze because it cuts off the top of the widget and makes everything too small to see or tap, even with the large font.

I also noticed Launcher 7 pretty high on my list of app using the battery. I don't recall seeing my launcher high on the list, if at all. This is with a custom AOSP ROM, Gingerbread Deck.

This looks promising. :)

tombarr

Jun 18, 2011
Cambridge
tombarrasso.com
@Vertig Thank you!

@scottjb The developer of Launcher 7, Timo Kujala is aware of most of your concerns and working to fix them. With each update he hopes to use less memory and battery. He has also told me that he is working on a way of fixing widget sizing and such, but I am not sure how. Just pay attention to the updates and if possible purchase the donate version which gets updates earlier.

- Tom

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
@Vertig Thank you!

@scottjb The developer of Launcher 7, Timo Kujala is aware of most of your concerns and working to fix them. With each update he hopes to use less memory and battery. He has also told me that he is working on a way of fixing widget sizing and such, but I am not sure how. Just pay attention to the updates and if possible purchase the donate version which gets updates earlier.

- Tom

I just discovered that you all merged in this sevenplusnadroid project. Really nice to read. I eventually bought Launcher7 Donate 2 days ago so I could have latest update after using Free for a while.
Besides, I have battery drains and reading Launcher7 posts, some say it is, so I guess I found the culprit... but I won't stop using it :p (I made my own full WP7-style themed ROM including MMS, Notes, WhatsApp, Camera, Phone, Contacts and Calendar, although just themed them of course, so also installed Launcher7 and won't let it go).

Anyway, really waiting for the rest of your WP7 apps!! And you have my help here, although I think you all know much more!

:)

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Great idea! with the Boot Manger App thats out. I'm going to do this. Which rom did you use as a base?

Most probably, we don't have the same phone, since this isn't a specific phone's thread. Mine is a LG Optimus Black with NOVA ROM → WP7 Style :D

Just get any ROM you want and spend days and days theming it ;)

I even made a WP7 keyboard (which looks MUCH more real and gorgeous than those "android wp7 keyboards and keyboard themes" that are published. But it's based in a paid app so...

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk

Reactions: Rican Bx Bomba

scottjb

Sep 11, 2010
Greensboro, NC

- Tom
Thanks for the response. I did purchase the donate version and am using Launcher 7 now. I look forward to the development of these apps.

anon768

Sep 7, 2011
Hey, great project.

But I'd like to request something.
Something, that every theme and project to resemble the Windows Phone 7 style.
A decent SMS app.
The only thing I found that resembled the style pretty good is this theme for MIUI:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1174126
which also themes the SMS app.
But, well, you need MIUI for it.

So, please, consider doing a nice SMS app in the style of WP7. We really need it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Roughly three weeks ago I decided to take the user interface library I was working on for Android to the next level in the form of The Seven+ Project. Myself, along with a number of other talented developers, are working on a suite of applications for Android using this user interface. Ultimately we are working to have this suite efficient, fluid, and interconnected. Do continue to check in on these applications as more features get added and bugs get fixed. We are always looking for feedback and bug reports. So check out our applications and our website and let us know what you think!
    Unlike past initiatives we are a cooperative organization composed of independent developers, who, when using our using interface retain complete control over their applications. We are also about more than just copying; the PLUS in Seven+ is all about adding more features, customizations, and more.
    Also a note to developers: we are looking for skilled developers that have made applications previously and want to adapt them using our user interface. Pretty much any standard application is fair game, so whether you have an email, calendar, set of widgets, or something else, if you want to make an application using our please contact us.

Links to a few of our applications:

- Launcher 7 by Timo Kujala
    - Seven+ Calculator by Thomas Barrasso
    - WP7Lock by Sami Musallam
    - ZPlayer by Temitayo Odesanmi
    - StatusBar+ by Thomas Barrasso
    - Messaging7 by Omkar Deshmukh

Also follow us on Twitter, Google+, and check out sevenplusandroid.org.
    Looks GREAT so far. I'm a fan of WP7-styled apps and I think this is a great project.
    Thank you!
    @Vertig Thank you!

- Tom

I just discovered that you all merged in this sevenplusnadroid project. Really nice to read. I eventually bought Launcher7 Donate 2 days ago so I could have latest update after using Free for a while.
    Besides, I have battery drains and reading Launcher7 posts, some say it is, so I guess I found the culprit... but I won't stop using it :p (I made my own full WP7-style themed ROM including MMS, Notes, WhatsApp, Camera, Phone, Contacts and Calendar, although just themed them of course, so also installed Launcher7 and won't let it go).

Anyway, really waiting for the rest of your WP7 apps!! And you have my help here, although I think you all know much more!

Great idea! with the Boot Manger App thats out. I'm going to do this. Which rom did you use as a base?

Most probably, we don't have the same phone, since this isn't a specific phone's thread. Mine is a LG Optimus Black with NOVA ROM → WP7 Style :D

Just get any ROM you want and spend days and days theming it ;)

I even made a WP7 keyboard (which looks MUCH more real and gorgeous than those "android wp7 keyboards and keyboard themes" that are published. But it's based in a paid app so...

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk
    What is Clavier?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Clavier is "Keyboard" in french ;)