Issues Receiving Texts

Search This thread

nein7three

May 11, 2013
Morristown
Google Pixel 5
Hey guys. I'm using hangouts but this happens with any SMS program. My phone vibrates as if I received a text, but the text never appears. Ex: earlier my girlfriend texted me, the phone vibrated, but I never saw the text and it's not there.

I've tried updating PRL and Profile, switching sms programs, everything I can think of. Is anyone else having this problem.

Using Cataclysm btw.

wim69

Jan 20, 2010
LineageOS
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Hey guys. I'm using hangouts but this happens with any SMS program. My phone vibrates as if I received a text, but the text never appears. Ex: earlier my girlfriend texted me, the phone vibrated, but I never saw the text and it's not there.

I've tried updating PRL and Profile, switching sms programs, everything I can think of. Is anyone else having this problem.

Using Cataclysm btw.

Try deleting all sms apps, except ie. Hangouts. Make sure Hangouts is configured to receive textmessages. Send a message to your phone and check which app gives you a notification.

You can also try sms backup and restore app to see if there are any textmessages on your phone.

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc

Using Cataclysm btw.

question: are most of the texts you look to receive, coming from apple iphones?

Apple's Revenge: iMessage Might Eat Your Texts If You Switch To Android

"When my best friend upgraded from an iPhone 4S to a Galaxy S4, I texted her hello. Unfortunately, she didn't get that text, nor any of the five I sent in the following three days. My iPhone didn't realize she was now an Android user and sent all my texts via iMessage. It wasn't until she called me about going to brunch that I realized she wasn't getting my text messages. What I thought was just a minor bug is actually a much larger problem. One that, apparently, Apple has no idea how to fix. Apple said the company is aware of the situation, but it's not sure how to solve it. One Apple support person said: 'This is a problem a lot of people are facing. The engineering team is working on it but is apparently clueless as to how to fix it. There are no reliable solutions right now — for some people the standard fixes work immediately; many others are in my boat.'"

Last edited:

wim69

Jan 20, 2010
LineageOS
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Try it with another SIM card in your phone and put your card in another phone, heck, just switch cards with your girlfriend's phone and see what happens :laugh: