[Q] Is There An Update Coming Soon For Galaxy S5 Verizon?

Search This thread

matth84

Apr 17, 2014
I have the Galaxy S5 with model# SM-G900V and it is serviced by Verizon. My phone currently has Kitkat 4.4.2 on it and I have tried to check for version updates and nothing yet, it says I'm up to date. In the month that I have had this phone I have been experiencing drop calls, network speed bouncing around from 4G LTE to 3G and back then down to 1X sometimes I have to restart my phone to get my network speed back to 4G LTE, also when I press the home button sometimes to wake up my phone the screen stays black but the light up touch buttons at the bottom next to the home button light up. I have to press the power button once or twice to get the screen to light up. Are these common problems for the S5 or is my device defective and needs to be replaced?

zero66

Nov 4, 2013
I have no problems at all with mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

cbomb101

Oct 5, 2012
melbourne
Thats not normal. Boot into stock revocery and wipe the phone or take it back. Mine never did that. Only problems were a few apps crashing from rooting it and playing with settings. Stock wise no call drop outs or dcing data unless its my provider optus being crappy.

The phone for me is running as stable as a pc haha so good!
Sent from my SM-G900I using XDA Premium 4 mobile app