[BIN]{LGFlashTool} Unbrick/Unroot/Flash ANY (P769, MS769, P760) in Download Mode

Search This thread

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Hi:
I have a LG P769 that is stuck at the tmobile logo, I have followed the instructions in this post, but after step 15, the flash tool shows me this:
Code:
PID: NULL
IMEI: NULL
StartDownload()
RomBinary Download set Port 41
RomBinary Download start
lgP769_cp.fls
StartDownload Exception
F00000002
Has anyone had that issue? Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thanks

Welcome to the "Broken LG phones" club. Theres a solution posted in the last page. This should work otherwise just send a reply to me. :)

For all those who are having issues with "Download Fail!!" after 6 or 7 seconds, do the following (I'm sure there's an easier way, but I didn't care to dedicate too much time, I just found the simplest/quickest solution)

Go To: Place KDZ IN HERE --> Tools
Right click on "EXTRACT KDZ TO BIN" then click Edit
Find the following line DEL "%BIN%[*].bin" *.fls and change it to DEL "%BIN%[*].bin"

Use the tool as you normally would, then when you're following the directions, instead of just adding the .bin file to the list of files, also select the .fls file....all will be fine...****, I didn't even have to change the port number on the phone...but that might have been a fluke.

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

(Note: I rarely check XDA these days, and I almost NEVER check/answer PMs, sorry guys)

andytorres

Nov 17, 2015
Thanks

Welcome to the "Broken LG phones" club. Theres a solution posted in the last page. This should work otherwise just send a reply to me. :)

Thanks, @AshIndigo, that did the trick!!! It spent a while stuck at 30%, but then it quickly moved to 80%, rebooted the phone and showed me the phone configuration wizard... I took it from there, set up the phone, and eventually the flash tool threw an error, but the phone was flashed, up and running. I can't thank you enough, I've spent days trying to revive it. Kudos!!!:good:

AshIndigo

Apr 23, 2014
Hi:
I have a LG P769 that is stuck at the tmobile logo, I have followed the instructions in this post, but after step 15, the flash tool shows me this:
Code:
PID: NULL
IMEI: NULL
StartDownload()
RomBinary Download set Port 41
RomBinary Download start
lgP769_cp.fls
StartDownload Exception
F00000002
Has anyone had that issue? Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Thanks

Thanks, @AshIndigo, that did the trick!!! It spent a while stuck at 30%, but then it quickly moved to 80%, rebooted the phone and showed me the phone configuration wizard... I took it from there, set up the phone, and eventually the flash tool threw an error, but the phone was flashed, up and running. I can't thank you enough, I've spent days trying to revive it. Kudos!!!:good:

Have fun with it :) Your in a far better position than me right now my partitions are messed up and I cant get back to s/w mode :eek:

er.davinder

Jun 14, 2011
Looking for GPS location
LeEco Le 2
You're welcome danek731, enjoy your L9.
Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020p-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted

@BajoPrimate I have the exact same problem ..

Can you please tell me where i can i find DLL and BIN for P765, :confused:
I phone is bricked i can't use offline brick method cause it stops at 15 %,
this method stops at F0000002 error in the begining .

can i flash p760 rom on p765 with this LGTOOL ?

BajoPrimate

Nov 20, 2012
Sondika
@BajoPrimate I have the exact same problem ..

Can you please tell me where i can i find DLL and BIN for P765, :confused:
I phone is bricked i can't use offline brick method cause it stops at 15 %,
this method stops at F0000002 error in the begining .

can i flash p760 rom on p765 with this LGTOOL ?
Hi @er.davinder
You could try in GSM-Forums, I don´t remember if that files where available, though.
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show....php?p=8986537

Sorry, but I´m not sure about flashing p760 rom on p765.
Cheers. Good luck.

er.davinder

Jun 14, 2011
Looking for GPS location
LeEco Le 2
Hi @er.davinder
You could try in GSM-Forums, I don´t remember if that files where available, though.
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show....php?p=8986537

Sorry, but I´m not sure about flashing p760 rom on p765.
Cheers. Good luck.

Now my most favorite backup phone is dead . RIP :crying:

Well i heard p760 firmware was compatible with p765 with offline unbrick method..

So I flashed this p760 bin file on p765 via LG flash tool, The phone is totally brick now,

All partitions got corrupted , can't flash anything via fastboot, x loader , u boot , boot partitions all become invalid partitions, can't even boot temporary recovery., Cannot flash new aloader and uboot dues this error
@sammyz
Is it possible to format and make partitions via fastboot ?
I cannot enter S/W mode anymore , Phone is dead no sign of live, it has fastboot but i cant flash anything due to wrong corrupt partitions.
Please give your expert opinion on this.

Last edited:

ciccillover

Jun 6, 2010
Barletta (BT)
Same thing here. I have tried with a 910K USB cable (homemade) and the procedure described in this thread. The flashing process starts but the phone will disconnect at about 15% (and won't reappear in device manager) and I have to start again.

BooBski

Mar 23, 2016
Hello @sammyz, I have problem with this solution. I installed everything what did you wrote in first post. When I click "start" in LG tool in first box (com41) program always return me "ready !!!". What i did wrong ? Please give me some tips.

I unplug and plug again and nothing change, still status "ready". How i can change status and start flashing ?

Thank you very much for help.

Last edited:

reggiexp

i have problem i installed cm13
and i lost recovery and cm13 laggs (nfc stopped) and i cant use it at all how do i get recovery back??...

humm still omap factory download fail.. help plzzzzzzzz
149sec.. i need to flash my phone i lost recovery and bootloader i flashed cm13 and it's messed up.. cant boot recovery from adb or anything...

Last edited:

EdwinMoq

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2014
Santo Domingo
What is the 910k cable for? Does it allow a special(JTAG?) service mode, or does it just make entering download mode more convenient(no buttons to push?)?
In our L9 the 910k cable doesn't really do anything. But some users reported succeeding unlocking the bootloader with it while with a normal cable couldn't. Probably this cable can flash things a normal cable can't. Even the service manual mention the use of this cable. But I don't see any immediate benefits of using it.

lecorbusier

Nov 28, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S5
LG G6
Ah yes, encrypted bootloader. This didn't apply to my phone. But in case of completely destroyed firmware, there must be some JTAG port on the mainboard, otherwise it would be junk in that case.

bulletfreak

Aug 17, 2013
My phone just shows up as a generic USB Serial Device under Device Manager. I tied it to port COM41 but the program just sits at READY!!. Shouldn't it work anyways, even if it doesn't detect it as an LG device because it's on COM41?

DarryDoo

In our L9 the 910k cable doesn't really do anything. But some users reported succeeding unlocking the bootloader with it while with a normal cable couldn't. Probably this cable can flash things a normal cable can't. Even the service manual mention the use of this cable. But I don't see any immediate benefits of using it.
I tried for months to unlock my 2 L9's without a 910K cable. Unlocked both with the cable in minutes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

klodovikbg

May 29, 2016
My phone just shows up as a generic USB Serial Device under Device Manager. I tied it to port COM41 but the program just sits at READY!!. Shouldn't it work anyways, even if it doesn't detect it as an LG device because it's on COM41?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
i have same problem...any solution? Tnx

Ddarell

Oct 25, 2016
thanks for your hard work but ..

i have been trying for more than 24 hours no sleep no rest until i found your post but sir .. i cant find P768 DLL file and i keep getting this error
CANT DOWNLOAD WITH SW NAME

newbie2029

Dec 21, 2016
Thanks. Just wanted to know why there was no .bin file created in the step that said: Open EXTRACT TO BINS.bat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off, I AM NOT copying Duckscreen's method. I've been using this method to flash firmware to my phone ever since trying to unlock it. He posted his method on "19th March 2014, 08:32 AM". I posted mine originally here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-l9-all-things-root/804429-need-serious-help-2.html#post6399062 on "January 20th, 2014, 11:51 AM" So do not call me a copy cat and don't tell me I stole his method but improved it. I got the MS769 firmware BEFORE the phone was released and before I even got my MS769.

Second, this guide is written to be noob friendly. If you do not take the time to read this post, I can't help you. I'm in college, I'm trying to find a job. I am also using correct grammar so Google Translate will do its job to the best of its ability.

Third, I do not make videos. If anyone wants to make a VIDEO (not words from this post on a .mp4 video file) go ahead, I'll probably update this post with a video if someone actually posts one, but it must follow this guide.

Fourth, there's no way to unbrick without Windows, stop asking.

Fifth, this will do a factory reset at the end whether you want it to or not.

Now, unlike everyone else I've seen posting on here, I like to keep things neat. Downloads at the beginning and instructions after. If you fail to read the instructions, not my problem.

Downloads:
    Drivers: https://app.box.com/shared/32c5t7fj2w8xcwr0krjo
    You need this to flash (READ THE README): LGFlashTool_L9.zip
    And you need this to convert the KDZ to a BIN file: Download the attachment in the post
    You will also need firmware.
    MS769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW668495432109876543213/V10F_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
    P769: http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW959486573210987654321/V20H_00.kdz (will add a mirror later)
    P760/769: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2107971 (Post 1 is Jellybean, Post 2 is ICS) (I don't have any direct links to P760 KDZ files.) If you want older firmware for MS769, I have V10b KDZ, but the site it is on right now is switching hosts or will be soon.

Instructions:
    1. Download everything from the Downloads section above if you have not already.
    2. Download firmware if you have not already.
    3. Extract all the zip files anywhere you can remember.
    4. If you can't figure out how to install drivers, you should have never rooted your phone.
    5. CONTINUE READING THIS POST.

How to extract the firmware from KDZ to BIN:
    1. Place the KDZ you downloaded in the EXTRACTED folder called "Place KDZ here"
    2. Open EXTRACT TO BINS.bat
    3. DO NOT OPEN THE BIN FOLDER. Doing so will throw an error and you will have to re-run the script.
    4. Once the BIN folder is renamed to the same software version as the KDZ file, you will see the single .bin file in there. Ignore the .dll and .fls files in that folder, we don't need them.

How to Flash the BIN
    1. There are 3 DLL files that came with the LGFlashTool_L9.zip file, find the model number that matches the firmware model number.
    2. After installing LGFlashTool (I hope you read the readme), open LGFlashTool, click "Select Manual mode".
    3. Where it says DLL, at the very right side of the blank white box there's a "..." button, click it and select the DLL that matches the firmware model number that you are about to flash.
    4. On the very right side of S/W, click "Add". Select the BIN file that we just extracted from the KDZ.
    5. DO NOT PRESS OK YET.
    6. Put the phone in download mode:
      Jellybean bootloader:
      Turn off the phone, remove the battery. Put the battery in, hold volume up+down and plug in the USB cable, after 1 second of the USB cable being plugged in, let go of volume down, keep your finger on volume up until you see S/W Upgrade. If you see the LG logo you failed, repeat the step again.
      ICS bootloader:
      Hold Volume up + down while plugging in the USB cable is the method I think.
    7. Now on the computer open Device Manager, go to "Ports (COM & LPT)". Expand it if it isn't already.
    8. Right click LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM#) and click properties.
    9. Go to the Port Settings tab, click Advanced..., change the COM Port Number to COM41. Press OK, press OK. You can close Device Manager now.
    10. Go back to LG FlashTool, press OK.
    11. Click this button now:
      8IthT.jpg

12. Change it to look like this:
      8ItkK.png

13. Press OK.
    14. Click this:
      8Itom.jpg

15. Now unplug your phone, wait 5 seconds, plug it back in. Let it finish. Do not unplug until phone is 100% booted.

Enjoy.

Thanks to @kuma82 :D this wouldn't have been possible without that script. Also thanks to @jes0411 @tog3 @Ilko and @navossoc especially for creating the original tools for extraction. I love LGExtract, it's my favorite program :)

Wanted to say thanks to Soflo Studio for helping me with this.
    Why are you copying Duckscreen's method?

Im kidding. Nice write up/tut
    For all those who are having issues with "Download Fail!!" after 6 or 7 seconds, do the following (I'm sure there's an easier way, but I didn't care to dedicate too much time, I just found the simplest/quickest solution)

Go To: Place KDZ IN HERE --> Tools
    Right click on "EXTRACT KDZ TO BIN" then click Edit
    Find the following line DEL "%BIN%[*].bin" *.fls and change it to DEL "%BIN%[*].bin"

Use the tool as you normally would, then when you're following the directions, instead of just adding the .bin file to the list of files, also select the .fls file....all will be fine...****, I didn't even have to change the port number on the phone...but that might have been a fluke.

Enjoy, I hope it helps.

(Note: I rarely check XDA these days, and I almost NEVER check/answer PMs, sorry guys)
    Alright @BajoPrimate try this modified script and good luck!
    md5 2da18f444b71947528a9e7d4b92f1bff
    does anyone have an original bin file for an P760? I have the same problem and it doesn't work with the bin file I convert.
    Hi alex_onu, here you go http://uploaded.net/f/xh3dqq
    Cheers. Good luck.

Sent from my LG P76020p-EUR-XX unlocked and rooted