[ROM][4.2.2]SlimBean -mako- [STABLE] [Build 8] [8-5-13]

Search This thread

android88

Jan 21, 2012
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. SlimPIE
  3. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  4. Full hardware key rebinding!
  5. Keyboard rotation
  6. SlimCenter, SlimIRC and much more

Check out our full feature list here.

Changelog
Find our latest changelog here.

Chat with the Slim team and other Slim users

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the changelog.
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating Slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submit your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here.

Source
Please visit here for the ROM source code.
Kernel source can be found here.

Last edited:

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
faraway from an alpha build
This is totally a daily driver
thank you so much dev

Possible to do list ?
1. 4way reboot @ power button
2. Snapshot @ power button

Cheers

hospital349

Apr 3, 2012
New Pork City
Hey krarvind.

I've just added Slim to MirroROMs.

Would you be interested in having a Mirror download of the ROM featured on the thread?

I'm looking forward to giving the ROM a whirl. Slim never fails me.

Many thanks.

hospital

Reactions: sk8oldschool74

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
faraway from an alpha build
This is totally a daily driver
thank you so much dev

Possible to do list ?
1. 4way reboot @ power button
2. Snapshot @ power button

Cheers

that and lot more will come once i get a very good stable base. will forward port most of slim features from 4.1.2.

Dr Zoidberg

Aug 15, 2011
Toronto
There are a few methods found on XDA for installing recovery, so what is the recommended procedure to follow to obtain the recovery menu, thus allowing the flashing of zip files?

Of course, on my Samsung it was just a matter of flashing an insecure kernal with Odin, but I'm a bit confused on how to do it on the Nexus 4.

Edit: I'm really looking for advice on which thread to consult for a safe/reliable method to obtain CWM.

Last edited:

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
There are a few methods found on XDA for installing recovery, so what is the recommended procedure to follow to obtain the recovery menu, thus allowing the flashing of zip files?

Of course, on my Samsung it was just a matter of flashing an insecure kernal with Odin, but I'm a bit confused on how to do it on the Nexus 4.

Edit: I'm really looking for advice on which thread to consult for a safe/reliable method to obtain CWM.

Pop http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1995440 there ;)

If you are rooted you can install TWRP but downloading the goo.im app from playstore and selecting Install Recovery Script in settings. :)

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Take it you got your phone delivered finally then ;)

When I'm over the honeymoon period with it I'll jump on board testing as normal :D

Reactions: krarvind

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
that and lot more will come once i get a very good stable base. will forward port most of slim features from 4.1.2.

Sweet , thanks again ,
I've used your builds with other phones, you got a very nice taste of theming and getting all things together in a very simple , nice looking , fast , efficient way.

Love your work , can't wait to get more !
Cheers

Reactions: krarvind

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
Running very well and smooth ; i changed dpi though, to stock, and now i face the usual problem of "apps non compatible with your device"....with Chrome for example ; how can i solve this already ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

as some of you may know, we have been working on 4.3 Slim pretty much ever since 4.3 AOSP code was released.... currently, these early Slim 4.3 builds are labeled as "alpha" but overall are pretty stable... im here to share with you one of our 4.3 builds so that you guys can do some testing for us and to enjoy ;)

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -theme manager fcs (disable themes provider)
    -few QS tiles have bad format

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/LCxI
    temporary 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/1nFO
    (4.3 libs with non-updated 4.2.2 apk's -
    the new apk's will be released with last 4.2.2 build)

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every litle bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),
    Yes the source is released and we're working on it.
    We'll release it when we feel it's ready to be released.

We'll ignore any further questions about 4.3 until then.
    ALPHA 2:

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -few QS tiles have bad format

fixes:
    -themes

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/3o2y
    new 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/jIUg

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every little bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1. you do not get the magical hint: without proper log we cannot do anything

2. a lot roms just left either half of the 4.3 merge or dropp many features. Both not the way slim is doing. And I think alpha3.1 is quiet stable

3. you know this is an alpha version?

4. whatever......we do not need to support that framework.....but we would look into it....no proper log...no solution

I do not know if you have in any kind an idea how much work it was to merge in 4.3 into Slim......complete AOSP changes were about 5 million line changes....alone frameworks_base over 2 million.....me and gmillz did it about 1 week night and day.....2 persons....sleeping 2 hours a day just to bring it bugfree up.

CM has the advantage to have power off a lot developers...other roms just drop features to get it fast up

and surprise surprise.....SlimBean has still all features and working and fully 4.3 merged in...and you do not believe it we did it that clean that a lot non nexus devices will get as well very fast 4.3. And that is the next point....we do not provide only nexus devices...would make our life a lot easier and we would have way less conflicts with the nexus devices

maybe you should think about it

and that after 11 days aosp released the source...unbelievable
    Halo is not coming, not the current way at least. What's in gerrit is not for public view, betas refrain from posting it. If we decide to include ( far from a decision ) you will see it in github our version of it. Let's stay away from the halo discussion. I don't want to read anymore about it.
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2