Samsung Epic 4g FB15 TAR

Search This thread

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
ODIN'd FB15 modem only..........EL30 + FB15 were very close on speed tests...........(FB15 3G speeds: 1897kbps dwn - 838kbps up AND 4G: 3082kbps dwn - 1217kbps up)........will require further testing for true comparison, but FB15 very smooth + responsive so far; slight appreciable difference from EL30, time + tests will tell.........full ODIN to FB15 stock ROM would very likely be a slightly different story ;)
THNX to darkierawr for the Odinable1........+1 to our leak source ;)
When I first flashed FB15 I thought it was way smoother than EL30. Then I restored data and apps, and after a day of use it ended up feeling just like EB30. I can't come up with a single reason to recommend FB15 over stock. (I'm back to EB30 restored from a nandroid backup)

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
@poit
You just described my first impressions to a t........also flashed EL30 back, tested, then flashed FB15, tested some more + so forth........after 48 hrs, FB15 began to score higher so have stayed w/ it for the time being (think the closest tower 2 blks away likes this *modem* ;) ).......also, am running CM9a5 (stock kernel currently as test phase)...............true: FB15 is not for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Ummm...you got that version right? 0.5 is for CM9. I thought version is 2.0 or 3.0 for TW ROMs.

Edit: oh you meant just the FB15 modem on CM9.

Correct.........4G speeds greatly improved since switching modem only to FB15.......then bbelos pushed out shadowkernel v0.5.0 for CM9 + 4G speeds increased again :) ........!!!

..........sent from AOKP android 4.0.3

madvj

Oct 10, 2007
For people who has used this for couple of days, how do you guys like the battery life so far? I am on CM9 and the battery life for me is horrible. I have to charge it by 4-5pm when i get low battery prompt.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Any themes that'd work with this rom?

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
For people who has used this for couple of days, how do you guys like the battery life so far? I am on CM9 and the battery life for me is horrible. I have to charge it by 4-5pm when i get low battery prompt.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Any themes that'd work with this rom?

In one sentence you say you are on CM9 and then the next you ask which themes work on this (FB15) ROM. CM9 has plenty of themes in the Theme subforum. EL30 themes should work on FB15 ROM if you are deodexed.

madvj

Oct 10, 2007
In one sentence you say you are on CM9 and then the next you ask which themes work on this (FB15) ROM. CM9 has plenty of themes in the Theme subforum. EL30 themes should work on FB15 ROM if you are deodexed.

Sorry about that, forgot to mention i flashed FB15 and then posted. I flashed it with tar file so i guess i am not deodexed.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Sorry about that, forgot to mention i flashed FB15 and then posted. I flashed it with tar file so i guess i am not deodexed.

That is correct. You can try to theme it some yourself with UOT Kitchen. Some things will theme there on odexed ROMs.

duce102

Feb 4, 2011
North Carolina
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Is it Android 4.1 JellyBean? And when is someone gonna bring CM26 to teh epic4gee? :cool:

Sent from my HP TouchPad on CM9 using Tapatalk

Jellybean will be android 5.0........

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Oh reryry

He was joking.... I know, sarcasm doesn't travel well through the keyboard

Nope I was completely serious. I knew Jellybean wasn't going to be a major update.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: flastnoles11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm uploading a FB15 stock+rooted+deodexed CWM build right now.....and a de-bloated one....and an odexed one.

For customization?

I'm not sure why though. This connection optimizer better kick ass!
    Expect good things :)

Many videos to come very soon!
    It.........*dramatic pause*........is almost the same.

It features "Sprint Connections Optimizer" which "helps manage and enhance your data experience by finding and connecting to the Sprint 4G Network and remembered wifi networks". So it scans less often.

Roaming and 3G also have their own little sections.

I'm noticing however, that it is insanely fast. And if a great rooted custom ROM comes along I may just switch.
    It.........*dramatic pause*........is almost the same.

It features "Sprint Connections Optimizer" which "helps manage and enhance your data experience by finding and connecting to the Sprint 4G Network and remembered wifi networks". So it scans less often.

Roaming and 3G also have their own little sections.

I'm noticing however, that it is insanely fast. And if a great rooted custom ROM comes along I may just switch.

The guys that get paid to do this stuff keep getting yelled at by their bosses cause they keep getting 1 up'd by open source devs :)

sent from the other woman
    KG you're a class act and I mean that in an non sarcastic way.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

PM me if you still have questions about Heimdall and I will try to help.