[Partial Fix] [Q] Galaxy R not getting detected on PC nor charging via a charger.

Search This thread
M

m.kochan10

Dude he's already done it and it didn't help.

1337SereniTyx3 It looks like you suffered from so called "USB brick". Try to search this problem in ...Galaxy S section.

M

m.kochan10

Dude don't try MOBILE ODIN! In order to make it work You must flash some package which is individual selected for each of supported devices. Forget mobile Odin! There are different packages for SGS2 and SGS2-G so...

U can ask somebody to create flashable zip

Last edited:

1337SereniTyx3

Oct 31, 2011
www.erodov.com
You can try mobile Odin.....it allows you flash ROM without computer....

Here's the official link to the thread..... Our device is not listed though but you can still give it a shot as s2 is listed.....
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

Best of luck!!!!!!
Dude don't try MOBILE ODIN! In order to make it work You must flash some package which is individual selected for each of supported devices. Forget mobile Odin! There are different packages for SGS2 and SGS2-G so...

I've sent him the dump file.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

M

m.kochan10

It doesn't hurt to try but most possibly you'll get MD5-checksum mismatch and won't be able to apply it.

M

m.kochan10

NELA1 is the name of modem provided together with....XWLA4 :) so it basically was one and the same FW, but it's not the point.

1)I have never succeded to r4store the unrooted backup :)
2)I guess every device is unique and thus a backup from device X will most probably not work on device Y.

1337SereniTyx3

Oct 31, 2011
www.erodov.com
NELA1 is the name of modem provided together with....XWLA4 :) so it basically was one and the same FW, but it's not the point.

1)I have never succeded to r4store the unrooted backup :)
2)I guess every device is unique and thus a backup from device X will most probably not work on device Y.

So should I keep the root until I figure something out to flash the stock ROM?

BTW, MD5 file can be converted into zip file to flash through CWM right? I saw this in UnknownzD's Ultimate kernel post I guess.

1337SereniTyx3

Oct 31, 2011
www.erodov.com
Finally! Successfully unrooted the cell and restored the CWM backup of stock Indian ROM that I had. And it actually worked.
I even checked if its still rooted with both the "root checker" available of Market. It confirmed that its unrooted!

Hell ****ing yeah! Now I can at least give my cell to repair. Have to make something up to make them believe it happened while connected to Kies though. But not an issue. :)

Thanks to everyone for their help. And specially to m.kochan10 for the unrooting procedure and other stuff. :)

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Finally! Successfully unrooted the cell and restored the CWM backup of stock Indian ROM that I had. And it actually worked.
I even checked if its still rooted with both the "root checker" available of Market. It confirmed that its unrooted!

Hell ****ing yeah! Now I can at least give my cell to repair. Have to make something up to make them believe it happened while connected to Kies though. But not an issue. :)

Thanks to everyone for their help. And specially to m.kochan10 for the unrooting procedure and other stuff. :)

:D :thumbup:

Now do one simple thing if possible make a step by step procedure of what you did and put it up in the first post, so that if some other user is having the same problem they may find it to be helpful.

Kindly keep us updated on your chat with Chainfire regarding Mobile Odin. :)

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7

can you please explain the steps you have followed so it will be helpful for other if they have these kind of issues..

1337SereniTyx3

Oct 31, 2011
www.erodov.com
:D :thumbup:

Now do one simple thing if possible make a step by step procedure of what you did and put it up in the first post, so that if some other user is having the same problem they may find it to be helpful.

Kindly keep us updated on your chat with Chainfire regarding Mobile Odin. :)

Will do it once I go home.

I've sent him the dump file but he needs .PIT file for our device which I've not yet been able to find. If you can, please send me that file so that I can forward it to him.

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
As u have recovered using cwm, there must be cwm recovery in ur system, so ur phone is still not on pure stock it still have custom recovery image. So that if ssc guys will find out u have cwm they will decline to give warranty service.
(well i just guessed this l, correct me if i m wrong)

1337SereniTyx3

Oct 31, 2011
www.erodov.com
As u have recovered using cwm, there must be cwm recovery in ur system, so ur phone is still not on pure stock it still have custom recovery image. So that if ssc guys will find out u have cwm they will decline to give warranty service.
(well i just guessed this l, correct me if i m wrong)

Thanks for pointing this out. Silly of me not to think about it.

I have no idea about that though. I know the warranty gets void if the cell is rooted and they find it out. But have no idea about them detecting the CWM.

Can anyone else update me on this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you please explain the steps you have followed so it will be helpful for other if they have these kind of issues..

Will do it once I go home.

First of all, you should carry out these steps in order to make sure if your cell is UBS Bricked or not:-

1) Try reinstalling Kies.
    2) GOOGLE DRIVERS for your phone.
    3) Try connecting via another pc usb port.
    4) Try on different PCs or format the current one and try again.
    5) Try using different usb cables and wall chargers to check whether its detecting and charging or not.
    6) Mobile Odin[Not yet compatible with our device though. Chainfire is working on it.]
    7) Clean your phone's mini USB port with the help of a toothbrush or a toothpick or blown air.
    8) Use USB Jig [I WON'T RECOMMEND IT AS IT IS TOO DANGEROUS AND CAN HARM YOUR MOBILE]
    11)Try toggling Bluetooth and then connect to PC. Check if that works.
    12)Having the phone connected to PC and then turn on the PC.

IF THE ABOVE STEPS STILL DOESN'T WORK, READ BELOW

My case:-
    -Rooted
    -CWM Recovery Installed.
    -Download mode accessible.
    -Won't detect on any PC or laptop or any other. Even Odin won't detect it. Same when phone is in download mode. [Kies reinstalled & updated. Google drivers for our phone installed]
    -Won't charge via a wall charger or USB cable either.
    -Won't charge even when turned off and wall charger connected to it. Only the charging logo keeps flashing. But doesn't really charge.
    -Won't charge even after wiping cache, dalvik cache & battery stats.
    -Won't charge even after flashing different kernels via CWM. Nor does it charge after flashing stock kernel.
    -Won't charge after flashing different ROMs
    *Charges when connected to PC continuously for the third time.

NOW DO FOLLOWING STEPS TO GET BACK ON STOCK ROM, UNROOT IT AND GET BACK ON STOCK RECOVERY SO THAT YOU CAN GET IT REPAIRED WITHOUT VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY.

**IMPORTANT:- Make backup of your /efs folder using any Root Explorer before doing anything below. Keep that backup on your SD card. In case your IMEI gets messed up, it is the only way to recover it.**

1) First of all, make sure you do have a CWM backup of your country's stock ROM with no root. If you don't have it, tell your friend to do it. Then get that backup on your SD card so that you can restore it.
    [Worked in my case. But I'm not sure if it also restores /efs from your friend's cell. If it does, your IMEI might get changed. DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISK].

2) If you've done the step above, start from here. First, factory reset on the current ROM you're on. Let it reboot. Now shut it down again and reboot into CWM recovery. Wipe cache, dalvik cache & battery stats.

3) Restore the CWM backup of your country's stock unrooted ROM which I've told you in the first step. To do that, go in CWM recovery-->Backup/Restore-->Restore-->Select your file-->Select YES.

4) After restoring is complete, let it boot successfully. After it gets settled, again factory reset. Again Wipe cache, dalvik cache & battery stats. Reboot.

5) Let it reboot completely. NOW TO UNROOT your cell, remove apps that you pushed to /system/apps (and superuser at the end) with root explorer and do a factory reset. Let it reboot. Download Root Checker from Market and check the status. If it says "Not Rooted", then congratulations! You've successfully unrooted your cell.
    [Or just flash "unroot.zip". Now repeat Step No.2 again.]

6) Now again repeat step 3. After restoration, again factory reset and let it reboot.

7) Now to go back to stock recovery, download the file I've attached in this thread and put it in your SD card. Reboot into CWM recovery. Install zip from sdcard-->external_sd-->stock_recovery.zip-->YES.

8) Let it reboot. Again switch off the cell and go to recovery. Check if it takes you to Stock Recovery. If yes, then you've successfully got back on stock recovery! :)

Now you can give your cell to repair without the fear of voiding your warranty and save your ass from paying the expensive repair cost! :p :D

(*I'm not responsible for any harm caused to your mobile as there is risk in every ROM,Kernel,Mod etc. you flash on your cell.*)

You might wanna check out the fixes below but I won't recommend them because they are not safe at all. Do it on your risk:-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1120880&highlight=usb+brick

In case you mess up with your IMEI:-
    http://androidadvices.com/recover-imei-samsung-galaxy-s2-android-phone/

Guys, I am in a very damn serious problem!

I was testing [XWLA4] based Lidroid ROM v3 a couple of days back. Since I wanted a better music experience, I flashed ardadat kernel v1.7b2 which is specifically for XWLA4 based ROMs. Till now, my phone was getting detected on my PC with "USB debugging mode".

But after like 2 days, it stopped getting detected on PC and charging via a charger or USB.

I have tried factory resetting and hard resetting the cell, its still not working. I also tried wiping the cache, dalvik cache and battery stats, its not working either.

I still tried and when I connected my phone to the PC continuously for third time, it detected for 5 seconds and again became undetected.
    It charges at the 3rd reconnection to PC though. But not via a wall charger.

I had CWM backup of my old & original Indian Galaxy R ROM. So I restored it but its still not working.

The phone is not even getting detected in download mode so I could flash the stock ROM.

I have tried connecting my phone to other PCs but its still not working! I tried re-installing Kies, Samsung's USB drivers for their android cell and everything. Not working either.

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Kies, updating other drivers and all. Didn't work.

I think the problem is in the cell because other USB devices are getting detected on my PC. Just not my cell. [I will try connecting my sister's S2 to PC and will update here]

I have also tried flashing another kernel, Still not working.

Can someone upload CWM backup of unrooted stock ROM? I wonder if that works.

Can someone of you tell me how to fix it?

Or is there any way to remove root [unroot the cell] so that I could at least give my mobile to repair?
    You can try mobile Odin.....it allows you flash ROM without computer....

Here's the official link to the thread..... Our device is not listed though but you can still give it a shot as s2 is listed.....
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1347899

Best of luck!!!!!!
    Guys, is there any way to remove CWM recovery and get back to stock recovery wirelessly [Without connecting to PC]?

Flash the attached zip via CWM.. it will replace CWM recovery with stock recovery.. :)
    Hi

Last night my cell slipped out of my hand and it isnt damaged physically but when i tried to charge it using a charger it doesn't respond nor it responds when i attach it with pc.my problem is the same as 1337SereniTyx3 But the reall problem is that i dont have CWM installed on my cell phone anymore.i mistakenly flashed stock rom recovery on my cell and now my cell is rooted but i dont have CWM. I checked in download mode and the download counter is 1.My cell phone have yellow triangle when it starts.I think i m really messed up because i cant give my cell phone to ssc but i m sure i ll find some help here.

Posting this message after searching alot on google and this forum.

Thanks in advance.

My case:-
    -Rooted
    -CWM Recovery Not Installed.
    -Download mode accessible.
    -Won't detect on any PC or laptop or any other. Even Odin won't detect it. Same when phone is in download mode. [Kies reinstalled & updated. Google drivers for our phone installed]
    -Won't charge via a wall charger or USB cable either.
    -Won't charge even when turned off and wall charger connected to it. Only the charging logo keeps flashing. But doesn't really charge.
    -Won't charge even after wiping cache, dalvik cache & battery stats.

Hey buddy, check this thread for alternative installation of CWM:-
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki/ClockworkMod_Recovery

There is a yellow triangle removal app available on the Play Store. It also reset the download/flash counter. It's made by Chainfire. But sadly its only for devices running ICS.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ic&utm_term=remove+yellow+triangle+play+store

Maybe you should wait till Mobile ODIN supports our device. You should help Chainfire to make him support our device by providing him some files.

Refer to the threads below. These methods will/might work.

HOW TOs: SIM Unlock/ Reset Download Counter/ Remove Yellow Triangle
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1408388

[2 IN 1 TUT] 1.Unbrick your Galaxy R. 2.Downgrade to bootloader v2.0
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1706572

[Q] All that bootloader jargon.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775026

I hope that helps. And best of luck!