[MOD] Add auto-correct to Samsung Keyboard and shorten long-press delay

Search This thread

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
I really wish I would have came here first and saw that auto correct isnt working after the ma7 update, this blows =/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008
Found this link to a working stock keyboard with auto correct for ma7 I've been using it all day and haven't had a single problem just loving my auto correct! =D so anyways go to
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841 and click spoiler in the op at the bottom of the list is the keyboard for sprint. It says to flash it but I just unzipped the zip file and manually moved the apk to system/app and deleted the .odex file. If I helped at all please thank me =)

I see it's built for MA5, not MA7.

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008
But he's on MA7 and says it's working...I'll be giving it a shot if I go back to MA7 this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

I get that. Typically you wouldnt want to mix versions of stock apps as you could lose fixes or new features.

In any event, I unpacked a virgin MA7 SamsungIME.apk along with the modified MA5 apk and did a file compare on every file. The only differences were the code changes to enable auto correct and the shortened key press.

I installed the MA5 verison last night and everything works great.

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
I get that. Typically you wouldnt want to mix versions of stock apps as you could lose fixes or new features.

In any event, I unpacked a virgin MA7 SamsungIME.apk along with the modified MA5 apk and did a file compare on every file. The only differences were the code changes to enable auto correct and the shortened key press.

I installed the MA5 verison last night and everything works great.

Care to share it?

mranonymous

Aug 5, 2008
Care to share it?

See the post a few above yours.

spiff72

Apr 14, 2006
Will this work on Verizon? I have a custom ROM installed. CleanROM ACE 4.5V.

I have been using on the VZW version of Clean ROM ACE without issues. Just change to a non-samsung keyboard PRIOR to copying the file to the folder. I renamed my existing Samsung keyboard file to .old or something like that.

Kayak83

Jul 23, 2010
I have been using on the VZW version of Clean ROM ACE without issues. Just change to a non-samsung keyboard PRIOR to copying the file to the folder. I renamed my existing Samsung keyboard file to .old or something like that.

Whoops. I replaced the old with this new. Working fine so far, though.

Kul_dood

Feb 24, 2013
I wish there was a way to make the enter key show smileys with long press. Pressing the menu key for a smiley face feels like a chore sometimes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, this is my first mod, but it was driving me crazy that the stock samsung keyboard didn't support auto-correct - and the timeout delay was way too long.

I'm working on an auto-patcher in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
    I attached the APK: /system/app/
    Make sure to set the proper permissions, then reboot.

The code changed is below

Here's a first stab at fixing both, would love some feedback.

1. To change the long press delay

In PointerTracker:
    Code:
            ###################################################
    	# Change the long press delay to 200ms from 500ms #
    	###################################################
        .line 498
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 499
        .local v0, delay:I
        packed-switch p1, :pswitch_data_0

.line 504
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

.line 507
        :goto_0
        int-to-long v1, v0

return-wide v1

.line 501
        :pswitch_0
        const/16 v0, 0xc8

2. To add auto-correct

In SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule
    Code:
        .line 312
        :cond_3

##################################################
    	# Add support for auto-correct on word separator # 
    	#check if the user has entered text
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-virtual {v7}, Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;->length()I
        move-result v7
        if-lez v7, :cond_10

iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;
        iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mComposing:Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;
        invoke-interface {v7, v8, v9}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getCharSequence(Ljava/lang/StringBuilder;I)I
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->updateSuggestion()V
    	invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->setComposingText()V
    	# End support for auto-correct on word separator #

#move clearCandidateList from beginning of processWordSeparator to after we do correct
       :cond_10
        invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule;->clearCandidateList()V

#code below is not changed - just for reference	
        iget-object v7, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mEngineManager:Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;

iget-object v8, p0, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/input/AbstractInputModule;->mCandidates:Ljava/util/ArrayList;

invoke-interface {v7, v8}, Lcom/diotek/ime/framework/engine/InputEngineManager;->getSuggestion(Ljava/util/ArrayList;)I

.line 313
    Op here, glad this is still working! I should get a GS4 soon and will make a more generic version for all Galaxy variants

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
    Care to share it?

See the post a few above yours.

This is the keyboard from deodexed international 4.1.2

http://db.tt/Xy3xGJbk

Hope you can make one for us.