[Q] Rollback from M6, Status Bar and Notifications mangled now

Search This thread

mpuckett54

Apr 14, 2014
After having the UI crashes which resulted from the M6 upgrade I reinstalled to the previous nightly build which worked well on my device. Now I am having multiple problems with the status bar, notifications, home button and the power button menu.

1. Notifications do not show up in the notification bar. The notification sound plays, but the notifications do not show up in the pull down
2. The Quick Settings Panel no longer is accessible from the status bar
3. The additional Power Button menu settings for reboot options, profiles etc are lost and are not resettable via the settings. Only the default power button menu is available. I've seen a thread about another device that suggested taking a picture somehow restored the menu settings after an install which obviously isn't an option here.
4. The Home button is non-functional now. I tried a reset on the navigation buttons but that didn't restore them.

When I performed the reinstall, I did not do a full device wipe first, but I did do a cache wipe after the install. Can anyone provide any insight on how I can recover this functionality without having to perform a full device wipe and reinstall?

mpuckett54

Apr 14, 2014
Never mind. Much more just was not functional at all so I ended up doing a full device wipe and reinstall and now I am reinstalling and reconfiguring everything. So far, all the issues I had before have been resolved after the device wipe.

I must say that the M6 update was a real disaster for me.

minix51

Apr 29, 2014
You are still on M6 or the older ROM ???

I flash this ROM M6 a week ago with full wipe..data,cache, dalvik, system .notice no problem on my part

Last edited: