[Q] Samsung Illusion SCH-i110 Rooting / ROMs

Search This thread

Endo Shizue

Dec 14, 2011
I have scoured the Internet for information regarding any custom work for this phone.

I stumbled upon samsungillusionforum dot com, which is a dead forum with ancient posts and near zero activity. It seems to be an alias to samsungfascinateforum dot com. Why anybody would set a forum up in this manner is beyond me.

Last month I bought the Verizon Wireless Samsung Illusion SCH-i110. I waited around a month to see if anybody would post any information regarding rooting/ROMs for this phone to no avail.

I plan on trying SuperOneClick to root the phone, but as for Custom ROMS I don't know what is out there.

I would appreciate any and all information anybody has regarding ongoing customization work for the Verizon Wireless Samsung Illusion SCH-i110 running Android 2.3.5.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Reactions: Dr.Ocularus

vlinkous

May 18, 2010
I too have been looking to see if i can find a way to root this phone...i like the phone, nice and responsive and just a good midrange phone, however i do want to get root access for wifi tethering.... I have tried superoneclick, doomlord, z4, gingerbreak, and universal androot all to no avail... if anyone has success getting this rooted please share the knowledge and it'd be highly appreciated....

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I am in the same boat here... My girlfriend recently picked one up and hates all the VZW apps that are installed and we want to remove them and tweak the system a bit. I have scoured through the interwebs for close to 2 weeks trying to find anything that can root this phone. Unfortunately, anything out there as far as I can tell does not work... Can anybody please help with this?

shiznu

Feb 20, 2012
yes please im in the same shape as yall i got a couple darts modded and now i have the gnex and it is great but if i cant find anything soon maybe this one will not majically work and need to trade for a differatnt model.......ive also tries every method th OP origanilly posted............sux new toy no mod:mad:

Last edited:

jcmarx

Jun 24, 2009
I am also interested in any progress on this phone.

I have the straight talk version S720C Samsung Proclaim which runs on Verizon service.

I assume that once a root for the paid Verizion is working that it should work as well on the Proclaim?

I got this for my daughter and being able to wifi teather would be great

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
I have tried every method to root this device. None have worked. Zergrush, unlock root, super one click, doomlord, z4root, manually, and a few other methods... Have the devs stopped working with one click root programs?

avelis26

Apr 11, 2007
Sultan WA
www.myspace.com
I have tried every method to root this device. None have worked. Zergrush, unlock root, super one click, doomlord, z4root, manually, and a few other methods... Have the devs stopped working with one click root programs?

I'm sooooo glad I took that device back and *****ed enough to have them hook me up with LG Lucid for free :p

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Ok so you log in, brag, but dont share?

Why waste time if you cant pass on some info.

Anyone that is actually willing to point us in the right direction?

the info will be posted up in due time, when the exploited is published and a way for the majority to install it is done.

Was just cute the word 'unrootable' was used is all lol.

And no I was not the one who rooted it. ;)

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
That is kind of a rude thing to do. At least post some info.
You're right, I should not had said a word....

Shabby did post some info, check with him n step up n test or stay quiet ;)

dj posted what he could, he has root, took the guy 5min or less to do it once he had access to dj's phone. ;)

I dont have any info to pass along, except more info details and a easy way for you all to get root is coming.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    just as a quick update working towards kernel rooting since this will cover the straight talk version as well (as opposed to system rooting)

hit a few bumps due to the weekend and repack scripts not owrking, so working towards getting source to compile initramfs with it
    I have scoured the Internet for information regarding any custom work for this phone.

I stumbled upon samsungillusionforum dot com, which is a dead forum with ancient posts and near zero activity. It seems to be an alias to samsungfascinateforum dot com. Why anybody would set a forum up in this manner is beyond me.

Last month I bought the Verizon Wireless Samsung Illusion SCH-i110. I waited around a month to see if anybody would post any information regarding rooting/ROMs for this phone to no avail.

I plan on trying SuperOneClick to root the phone, but as for Custom ROMS I don't know what is out there.

I would appreciate any and all information anybody has regarding ongoing customization work for the Verizon Wireless Samsung Illusion SCH-i110 running Android 2.3.5.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Ok so you log in, brag, but dont share?

Why waste time if you cant pass on some info.

Anyone that is actually willing to point us in the right direction?
    because he doesnt have access to the exploit. it is being kept secret so that samsung doenst patch it... instead we are gunna use the dumps from djgru's phone to root everyone else using odin
    ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA