[Q] One X Slow Speed

Search This thread

swami1

Apr 7, 2012
i got my unlocked htc one x today for ATT network. I find network speed of 0.1mbps after ATT issued new micro sim card. According to ATT this device is too new for them to trouble shoot settings. tried changing new sim and new data plan but no help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

i use to get up to 8 mbps on my note and Nexus.

ZeroRilix

Mar 23, 2011
Covington
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
i got my unlocked htc one x today for ATT network. I find network speed of 0.1mbps after ATT issued new micro sim card. According to ATT this device is too new for them to trouble shoot settings. tried changing new sim and new data plan but no help. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

Hey, post this in the One X forum. There might be someone over there that can help you a lot quicker than having this post here. Besides, you posted this in the forum for the LTE version. The forum it needs to be in is the one for the GSM version.:D

Sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app

Reactions: swami1

ZeroRilix

Mar 23, 2011
Covington
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well, I linked this thread over in that forum and it got locked with no explanation. Maybe someone over here can actually help you. The only thing I can tell you is, have you checked that the APNs are correct?

kennethpenn

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2006
Washington, D.C.
briefmobile.com

Sounds like you need to alter your APN to AT&T's settings. Keep in mind that you will not get 4G LTE with the international One X. That will only be available on the One X(L) from AT&T.

alwayslearning

Dec 3, 2007
CA
I have the One X on ATT and I am getting 8mbs down and 2.5 up:
I did tweak the APN by making a new one; if you look there is only about two setting a little different, hope this helps.

AT&T Expanded
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

edit: I found the same speeds with both APNs, I did find it all depends on which test you are using, i.e. the app speed test does not work on my One X with the default APN it does on the one I wrote above, I went to man test websites using the browser in desktop mode with flash on and found one or two that said I was getting .04 mbs but most of them read the same at 7.5 to 8 mbs down. the big question is how does it behave in the real word, one word - fast!

Last edited:

swami1

Apr 7, 2012
APN Settings

Changed APN settings and found much better results in download speeds. Not as good as i had on my Note 4G LTE.

Reactions: kennethpenn

swami1

Apr 7, 2012
Even with quad core processor? Is there any more fine tuning can be done to settings?

Thanks for the help BTW.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Were I live AT&T LTE seems slow, but still a bit faster than H+.

Avg down load on H+ 5-6mbs

Avg up load on H+ .7-.99 mbs

Avg down load on LTE 7-8mbs

Avg upload on LTE 7-10mbs

Sounds like you're in a cell that's already been heavily loaded. Try either around 2 PM or 1-2 AM, you should get double to triple the speed.

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
You could be right

Sounds like you're in a cell that's already been heavily loaded. Try either around 2 PM or 1-2 AM, you should get double to triple the speed.

It was about 3pm in the AT&T store and I was the only one there. I went again to a AT&T, but this one was in the mall and it was 4PM. Got about the same speeds.

My S2 on H+ beet, the 3rd ipad on LTE, the 900 and the note in loading web pages. Video was about a tie or a win for the note. ( ipad and 900 with out flash. I could not get 1080P video to play well on the note, but it likely needed a reboot or update.)

The first time my Razr was having LTE "issues" and speed tested 400-600kbs DL and 10UP. The 2nd time it could not even pick up 4G. ( One of the AT&T reps was looking at this and he said wow that must suck.)

I still have his card and yes geting 400-600kbs sucks on LTE. I got it fixed, but it took forever.

The only way I could try at 1am is if I were to buy one and then take it back and pay a $35 restocking fee+billed for a day+more. ( I am not doing that, I will likely just wait for the S3, becuase I like my S2 a lot. First smart phone with unlimited non smart phone data and even with more then 5GB of use no text. :) )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the One X on ATT and I am getting 8mbs down and 2.5 up:
    I did tweak the APN by making a new one; if you look there is only about two setting a little different, hope this helps.

AT&T Expanded
    Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

edit: I found the same speeds with both APNs, I did find it all depends on which test you are using, i.e. the app speed test does not work on my One X with the default APN it does on the one I wrote above, I went to man test websites using the browser in desktop mode with flash on and found one or two that said I was getting .04 mbs but most of them read the same at 7.5 to 8 mbs down. the big question is how does it behave in the real word, one word - fast!
    Even with quad core processor? Is there any more fine tuning can be done to settings?

Thanks for the help BTW.

Quad core does nothing for what you are talking about. The modem on the Galaxy Note LTE will be much faster for your data speeds, but the phone will have much more lag compared to the One X.

Hey, post this in the One X forum. There might be someone over there that can help you a lot quicker than having this post here. Besides, you posted this in the forum for the LTE version. The forum it needs to be in is the one for the GSM version.:D

Well, I linked this thread over in that forum and it got locked with no explanation. Maybe someone over here can actually help you. The only thing I can tell you is, have you checked that the APNs are correct?

there is no way the One X can compare on ATT to a Note LTE, when you are in an LTE area the Note will fly

Were I live AT&T LTE seems slow, but still a bit faster than H+.

Avg down load on H+ 5-6mbs

Avg up load on H+ .7-.99 mbs

Avg down load on LTE 7-8mbs

Avg upload on LTE 7-10mbs