Annoying noises, please help!

Search This thread
Hello XDA!

I have heard great things about you and used some of your root and Kernel releases. Thanks!
I think I may be ready to go the the next level (for a dammed newbie) in jacking up my Galaxy S3, and applying the latest manipulations you guys have going. I have two very important questions:

1:
when I start speech recognition, it emits a loud "bleepBloop" to inform me that it is ready, and then another bleep (a different one) when I am finished entering voice data.

Other forums have called this the "speech recognition bleep" and called it a generated tone.

I have also seen a secret code #*7200# that is supposed to mute the tone generator on an S3, but I am not sure of it will also mute the custom sounds I have for my rings and alerts

Using root browser, I have gone to every folder I know of in "system-media", and renamed or deleted all the sounds except for the five I use, (Email, SMS, Facebook alert, Ringtone and alarm tone) and I also searched for every aiff, MP3, Ogg, or WAV file I could find on the phone and could not find anything like what I hear every time I search using google, or enter voice to text mode.
this is baffling. Where are these sounds located on my S3? how can I get rid of them?

2: What are your recommendations for making my S3 as fast as possible?

Thanks!

PM