Search This thread

krishna_nirvana

Feb 2, 2011
Hyderabad
Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Android 2.3.5 and Android 2.3.6 versions.

1. Download Update.zip file below attachment and copy the Update.zip file in to the root of the SD Card.

2. Switch off your mobile phone

3. After the complete phone switched off, go to recovery mode. For this recovery mode, hold the power, volume up and the home buttons simultaneously.

4. Now can navigate through recovery mode only with the volume up and down buttons. Select Update.zip and the root will be applied on your Galaxy Y.

5. Reboot your phone and it's rooted!! You can check for an application named "Super User" to check whether your phone is rooted or not.

Note:- It is working in my mobile 100% without any problem. I am not responsible for, if it is not working, damage your mobile and or any other issues.

Attachments

• update.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 276,201
Last edited:

krishna_nirvana

Feb 2, 2011
Hyderabad
Last edited:

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
Is this working without copy the lib files and set permission?

|Post from XDA premium app
|BroodRom RC2 Beta :D
|Instanet Free Access (no one believe its free)

pyronia

Oct 11, 2011
Puchong
Done to my Y....the flash not try yet but root was easy...

Edit: adobe flash not working...

|Post from XDA premium app
|BroodRom RC2
|Instanet Free Access (no one believe its free)

Last edited:

krishna_nirvana

Feb 2, 2011
Hyderabad
Last edited:

matt john

Jan 8, 2012
Good day!
I have galaxy y for almost three weeks and I'm new to android os. my galaxy y was rooted on first week using update.zip but last December 31 SAMSUNG released newest update version so my phone was updated via kies. my question is, is it okey to root the phone again with the update.zip i have used before? thank you very much in advance.

Reactions: draiyan

termagazis

Nov 22, 2011
Arachova-Greece
Good day!
I have galaxy y for almost three weeks and I'm new to android os. my galaxy y was rooted on first week using update.zip but last December 31 SAMSUNG released newest update version so my phone was updated via kies. my question is, is it okey to root the phone again with the update.zip i have used before? thank you very much in advance.
You can root it as before!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA App

Reactions: matt john

Androhacker

Dec 28, 2011
Ghaziabad
Hey ppl... Can I post a link for some of the best android games that can be found for Galaxy Y? I am an admin of three blogs that say themselves BEST FOR ANDROID... Reply..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Android 2.3.5 and Android 2.3.6 versions.

1. Download Update.zip file below attachment and copy the Update.zip file in to the root of the SD Card.

2. Switch off your mobile phone

3. After the complete phone switched off, go to recovery mode. For this recovery mode, hold the power, volume up and the home buttons simultaneously.

4. Now can navigate through recovery mode only with the volume up and down buttons. Select Update.zip and the root will be applied on your Galaxy Y.

5. Reboot your phone and it's rooted!! You can check for an application named "Super User" to check whether your phone is rooted or not.

Note:- It is working in my mobile 100% without any problem. I am not responsible for, if it is not working, damage your mobile and or any other issues.
    I Updated Links, check it

After rooting my galaxy y, first I installed Adobe Flash player 10.1 then I installed Adobe Flash player 11, it it working nicely with UC browser in my SGY. Don't forget, after installation of flash player Restart Your Mobile thats all, no need to change any thing or permissions. All the best.

Adobe Flash Player 11 Link
    http://www.4shared.com/android/zealNt1Q/Adobe_Flash_Player_11_v1101153.html

UC Browser Link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g9bvb6stf4hpbgg
    UnRoot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360

Download below file for UnRoot Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
    Adobe Flash player 11 for Samsung Galaxy Y

Rooted Devices only.
    Download Adobe Flash Player 11 v11.0.1.153 armv6 from below link

Instructions:
    1. Install the APK file.
    2. Restart the phone.

Note:- UC browser 8 is highly recommended.

Adobe Flash Player 11 Link
    http://www.4shared.com/android/zealNt1Q/Adobe_Flash_Player_11_v1101153.html

UC Browser Link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?g9bvb6stf4hpbgg
    Hi all,
    I've followed the steps and finally rooted my SGY.
    But I cannot tell the differences.

My personal reason of rooting this SGY is because hating the internal memory too low for apps installation. sometimes need to delete some apps.

So does this mean when I rooted my phone, that problem no longer exists? I have an 8gb sd card.

the Superuser app is there, but nothing inside it. whats the superuser app for?

Thanks.

root is ver simple application, it will take low space and we have lot ficilities with root.

Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/top-10-reasons-to-root-your-android-phone-2/

What are the Disadvantages of Rooting?: http://droidlessons.com/what-is-rooting-on-android-the-advantages-and-disadvantages/

If you want more free space (phone memery) on your mobile first you can root your mobile.

Install "Apps2SD" in Your mobile
    install "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition" in your pc, connect you mobile to pc
    open MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition, it showing your sd card
    right clik on sd card and select move/resize option
    selcet the size of 2nd partition (like: 500mb/700mb/900mb how much need, that much you can select) and press ok
    now right click on newly created partition and select format option ... in that window
    select the file system type ext2 or ext3, that partition should be praimary and press ok
    after then press Apply button (this button located on top left side), wait process completed
    then disconnect your mobile with pc and open link2sd mount the ext2/etx3 then reboot mobile.