Sync Contact-Facebook. No pic!

Search This thread

Webmariner87

Feb 18, 2012
Hi guys,
first of all i'm sorry for my english, but it's not my first language.
I've a issue with the syncronization of the facebook contacts with the default address book of my wildfire.
I installed the facebook app, and i set it to syncronize all the contacts by facebook-settings-sincronize...
Now in the addressbook i see all my facebook contacts, all my gmail contacts, but only gmail contacts with a pic loaded on gmail have a pic on the address book.
So the great part of the contacts haven't a pic.
How can i do?

I'm using the last cyano nightly.

Please don't suggest me to use SyncMyPix, i don't like that app, it makes my address book too much slow.
I want a "clean" solution. Before i flashed my Wildfire, with the stock ROM, i visualized all the pics =/

Last edited:

Webmariner87

Feb 18, 2012
Thank you very much for the reply, but few hours ago i solved my issue installing FriendCaster for Facebook. However thanks ;)

yohanandz

Feb 23, 2012
your welcome..
how does friendcaster work? syncs the existing contacts only or all?

steve_032

Jan 22, 2011
Oxford
I've recently had this problem, only a few contact images were visible after syncing using the Facebook app. For me, it seemed that the photos which were synched were the ones which you have previously loaded up on the Facebook app.

I got around the problem by clicking onto my friends list within the Facebook app, and scrolling through the list waiting for each of the profile pictures to load up. Once I'd got to the bottom of the list I went back to contacts on the phone all of the images were visible!

Slightly strange workaround but now all my contact images are visible and they all update as they should.