Razr HD Cases

Search This thread

fester30

Feb 24, 2011
motorola_droid_razr_hd_maxx_xt926m_shell_holster_combo_motxt926mhoc_zps0c6fcf46.png

I got this one. I agree with others that I didn't feel the need for a case for protection. I got this one because it has a kickstand and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I came from the Sprint Motorola Photon 4G (yes, I saw the light and have now found paradise), so I am used to having a kickstand. This case also has the holster, which I use because with previous phones I had a habit of putting my phone in my pocket with keys because I wasn't paying attention and scratching the screen. This one has fit the bill so far if you are just looking for a kickstand/holster.

Oh yeah, it's the one you can get at the Verizon store or on the Verizon website. They call it their shell/holster combo. The one I got in the store came with a car charger with an extra USB port.

Last edited:

nerv666999

Feb 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
www.imdb.com
I got this case & used it for a week: Like the previous one I have ordered (Body Glove) it adds bulk to the phone.

I realized, after having in the past large verity of phones (from iPhone's to Androids), that this particular phone (Razr HD) is probably the only phone that really does not required any case or protection (for its unique design & build).

It's protected in the back with a Kevlar cover an the front with the a Gorilla anti scratch glass and has.

Today, I am case free & not planning any casing purchasing for this phone.
I can see that (though they are not impervious to being seriously marred) but you bring up an interesting point and one that I had not considered as being a driver in my choices of case. Namely the comment about adding bulk. I have been choosing cases to do exactly that. I have large hands and when out of its case I feel like it will slip out of my hand. It is certainly harder to grip the phone bare than it is clad in most cases . Phones got way too small for awhile as far as I was concerned. oh and were you saying you had the QMadix phone and tossed it because of bulk? would you mind adding a bit more description putting aside the bulk factor. I would really love to know what your impression was of its overall quality, and manufacture

itzik_man

Nov 13, 2010
Saint-Laurent, Quebec
QMadix cases review: If bulk is not a factor, this case is possible the most outstanding (unique) for its design & quality.
The Black back (partially mat and shiny) vs. the front red frame, adds some funkiness style to the phone.
The phone is well protected within the cover odd shape. It has a good grip in your hand & it slide easy into the pocket. Overall its a solid well made case...

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
motorola_droid_razr_hd_maxx_xt926m_shell_holster_combo_motxt926mhoc_zps0c6fcf46.png

This case also has the holster, which I use because with previous phones I had a habit of putting my phone in my pocket with keys because I wasn't paying attention and scratching the screen.

Hey fester. I'm seriously considering getting one of these for my xt925. I really like the screen protection that it offers. Can you tell me if it's possible to remove the belt clip from the holster? It would be a bit bulky to put on your pocket with the clip on...

Cheers

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

fester30

Feb 24, 2011
Hey fester. I'm seriously considering getting one of these for my xt925. I really like the screen protection that it offers. Can you tell me if it's possible to remove the belt clip from the holster? It would be a bit bulky to put on your pocket with the clip on...

Cheers

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

I don't see a way to remove the clip without destroying it. You don't have to wear a belt, though. You can clip it to a pocket as well. The clip rotates, too, so you can have it up-and-down or side-to-side or at an angle.

lobie81

Jul 15, 2011
Townsville
Still can't make up my mind what to get...

Does anyone have the Cruzerlite Androidified TPU case? If so, how good a fit is it? It will cost me about $18 delivered, which isn't cheap for a TPU case, but I'm hoping it's a better fit than the plain black TPU case I got off ebay which is a little loose at the bottom.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll get that, and a Pdair leather flip. I'm not 100% happy with the Pdair case either, but it looks like the best option without paying $50+ for the Noreve case...

To those saying this phone doesn't need a case. While kevlar is very strong, the surface of it will scratch very easily and it will start to look crappy very quickly. Also, the camera lens basically rests on the bench top which will no doubt cause it to scratch quickly. While gorilla glass is nice and scratch resistant, it still does scratch reasonably easily, just not quite as easily as normal glass. But the biggest reason my phone will almost always live in a case is for drop protection. Anything to absorb some impact from a drop may keep the screen from cracking. I believe the leather flip cases offer the best protection for this. The verizon holster/case would be good too, but that clip is just way too bulky.

My previous phone was a Motorola Defy. It was a 'tough' phone, water resistant, dust proof and had gorilla glass, too. A drop of about 50cm caused the screen to crack. After that I didn't bother with any cases and the screen got quite badly scratched quite quickly. While it's nice to use the razr without any protection, I believe it's necessary to look after the money I've spent on the phone...

cheers guys

adamjmtz

Jan 5, 2013
Still can't make up my mind what to get...

Does anyone have the Cruzerlite Androidified TPU case? If so, how good a fit is it? It will cost me about $18 delivered, which isn't cheap for a TPU case, but I'm hoping it's a better fit than the plain black TPU case I got off ebay which is a little loose at the bottom.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll get that, and a Pdair leather flip. I'm not 100% happy with the Pdair case either, but it looks like the best option without paying $50+ for the Noreve case...

To those saying this phone doesn't need a case. While kevlar is very strong, the surface of it will scratch very easily and it will start to look crappy very quickly. Also, the camera lens basically rests on the bench top which will no doubt cause it to scratch quickly. While gorilla glass is nice and scratch resistant, it still does scratch reasonably easily, just not quite as easily as normal glass. But the biggest reason my phone will almost always live in a case is for drop protection. Anything to absorb some impact from a drop may keep the screen from cracking. I believe the leather flip cases offer the best protection for this. The verizon holster/case would be good too, but that clip is just way too bulky.

My previous phone was a Motorola Defy. It was a 'tough' phone, water resistant, dust proof and had gorilla glass, too. A drop of about 50cm caused the screen to crack. After that I didn't bother with any cases and the screen got quite badly scratched quite quickly. While it's nice to use the razr without any protection, I believe it's necessary to look after the money I've spent on the phone...

cheers guys

I got the white cruzerlite case just yesterday from Amazon (~$12). It fits the phone well enough, though not as perfectly as a good hard case. I was going to order the incipio feather case, but it cost about twice as much as the cruzerlite and I doubt it is double the quality. I'm happy with this case for now until something a bit nicer comes along and in retrospect, I'd probably go with a color other than white.

gio5660m

Jul 27, 2012
quick question, is the XT926 always a MAXX? I thought there was XT926 and XT926M (Maxx) as saw listings on ebay for both. Have a XT925 and order what I thought was XT926 (non-max) but got a maxx case :(

gio5660m

Jul 27, 2012
XT926 is the Verizon version of the non Maxx HD.

Thanks, still confusing as package ended up saying xt926M yet seems to be the non Maxx as isn't too thick, didn't want to open at first but figured might as well and does indeed fit my xt925
heh, though doubles the thickness is on ebay as FULL BLACK IMPACT HARD CASE COVER KICKSTAND MOTOROLA DROID RAZR HD XT926 if anyone doesn't mind bulk :)

Mr. Jones

Aug 14, 2012
Got the Androidified cases from Amazon. 12.90 per and buy two get one free.

Looks and feels great. Very happy with the purchase.

igreyf0xi

Jan 31, 2013
Have the bulkiest case possible, Trident Kraken. Saves it in so many ways from my destructive nature. Also the silicon case is on the inside and the shell outside so it doesn't stick to my pocket like my otter box did before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using xda app-developers app

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
This doesn't help you guys out now, but the android central store had the incipio feather case for $17 for a daily deal. Will report back once I have a chance to try it out.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Ban-Hammer

Aug 17, 2011
Who cares
Just got my hands on the incipio feather. Overall, I like it. It is ultra thin, I barely notice the extra 1mm. While the fit isn't super tight, the phone shouldn't fall out on its own. In terms of the material, it is a semi smooth finish. Its not nearly as grippy as the kevlar, but I should get used to it soon. Its fits nicely in the pocket and doesn't attract lint and crap. Also its a little easier to slide in and out of said pocket. All buttons and ports are open for business, however the volume rocker is a little more difficult with my fat thumbs. The SIM tray started to discolor and lose its finish, and it also sat crooked. This case hides that eye sore! Woohoo!

The box came with the case (gasp!) As well as a screen wipe, screen protector (that I did not apply) and either a sticker or a protector spreader, for removing naughty bubbles. I did not apply the protector, but it looks to be a run of the mill hard plastic one (I grew up on the Invisible Shield, but I'm using none at the moment).

Upon further inspection, the $17 deal I got appears to be a factory 2nd, as there is a slight blemish by the headphone jack, and where the sprue was trimmed after molding there is a little too much taken off. Besides that, the case is perfect. Besides, in 2 months I'm assuming this thing will be worn in enough to mask the one unsightly blemish.

I haven't had a lot of time to test it, but using the phone for various functions is still comfortable. This whole review has been typed on my device, and I don't feel any fatigue outside of normal use. I don't want to find out the shock resistance, but I'm sure its better than nothing.

Overall, I am very impressed. I recommend this shell to anyone who hates bulk, but wants to keep their phone from looking like it took a trip through a clothes dryer filled with bricks. Definitely worth the $17 I paid, still worth the $25 retail tag.

TL;DR:
Rating: 8/10
Good: comfortable, barely there fit. Finish doesn't attract lint. Easy to go in and out of pocket.
Bad: finish not as grippy as kevlar. Button holes could be just a smidge larger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: davidjames4

samwifi

Jul 12, 2011
I bought the Seidio surface and don't like it at all. The kick stand makes a bump on the back of the case, so really its a bulky case. Why they had to create bulk with the surface case is just idiotic..

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Majestic3

Feb 13, 2013
Funny you said that, I just bought the otter box defender from Verizon for 52$ out the door and it makes a solid phone feel invincible, and it hardly added weight or thickness to the device. I'll proudly say otterbox is the way to go for pure dependability.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts