[Q] regarding C2104 and c2105 firmware

Search This thread

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
hi guys just new here in the xperia l development.

these are the things i wanted to know about our phone:

1. what is the differences between firmware c2104 and c2105?
2. is it possible to flash c2104 firmware to c2105 device? will the phone get bricked if we flash c2104's firmware to c2105?

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
hi guys just new here in the xperia l development.

these are the things i wanted to know about our phone:

1. what is the differences between firmware c2104 and c2105?
2. is it possible to flash c2104 firmware to c2105 device? will the phone get bricked if we flash c2104's firmware to c2105?

The only major difference between the C2104/5 firmwares is the baseband, the part of software which operates signal reception.

You can flash C2104 firmware to a C2105 device (or vice versa) without having any issues, it will not brick.

But it is best to remain on the firmware for your own country for reasons related to the baseband-but it really does not matter tbh.

On a side note, the Xperia L forums feel so quiet, coming from the buzzing 2011 forums this forum almost feels dead.

frothe3

Mar 19, 2011
I agree, the chatter has died quite suddenly.
I wonder if it is because of Sony's atrocious customer support?

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London

Yea probably. The Xperia L and M just don't have the popularity they deserve-they are not bad phones, just lack a good customer base in terms of numbers. Also the fact that Sony has kept quite about updates may put people off.

Reactions: frothe3

frothe3

Mar 19, 2011
I do like my L, although at times it does freeze up.
That is why I like a removable battery, when others on Sony's Google± Fanpage mocked me because of this.
When it freezes, I take off my case (Nillken), take off back cover, remove battery.
Then, put it all back together.
My biggest gripe is NFC; having lots of problems connecting via NFC their NFC Bluetooth headset (SBH-20) and speaker (BX-500), both of which I like very much.
Now, just connect via Bluetooth, all is okay. But Iike using NFC to connect and disconnect devices!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yea probably. The Xperia L and M just don't have the popularity they deserve-they are not bad phones, just lack a good customer base in terms of numbers. Also the fact that Sony has kept quite about updates may put people off.