Best screen protector available in Europe?

Search This thread

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
I'm looking for a screen protector that works well with the s pen (as I use it a lot) and is very clear (I don't want to know it's there). The spigen glass tr looks interesting but I heard it's pretty difficult to apply correctly and I don't feel like spending a lot of money on something that leaves air bubbles. The zagg hd invisible shield also looked promising but reviewers say it leaves marks when you use the stylus. So I'm really confused now... I might end buying the Samsung screen protectors, available 2 at a package, which are also relatively cheap and I can replace frequently. So...any suggestions?

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
I have a Zerolemon case..I've removed the fitted screen protector and added a Zagg invisible shield. It is superb and I have no issues with the S pen.
I'm ordering Zagg for all our tablets and my Alienware screen

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The Zagg was also easy to apply and all air bubbles left within a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I also use the S pen a lot

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
I have a Zerolemon case..I've removed the fitted screen protector and added a Zagg invisible shield. It is superb and I have no issues with the S pen.
I'm ordering Zagg for all our tablets and my Alienware screen

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The Zagg was also easy to apply and all air bubbles left within a couple of days.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I also use the S pen a lot

Zagg has different options, which one do you have?
Smudge proof, HD etc?

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
I'd need to check. It wasn't expensive it is certainly anti smudge and anti glare. I'll check the package and come back to you in 12 hours.

Z3german

Feb 23, 2014
You have to go with a tempered screen protector.

I used Ghost Armour, Invisible shield type protectors, they are meh

Film protectors I used clear and matte. I prefer the matte because of oils and how easily my fingers slide across the screen vs the clear that your finger has more friction against it. I consider these protectors 3mo protectors, after that they get ugly (not that bad but im picky). I consider these protectors better than the Ghost Armour style protectors.

Tempered glass is absolutely amazing, the oil on the screen magically goes away. I swear there will be oil, look at my computer screen and read a bit, look back at phone, LESS OIL? No idea how, but i swear it does. Friction is just like using bare glass, no scratches, hopefully never have to take off since there isnt anything to "peel back" as its a sheet of glass.

Just watch for thickness, im using 2.5mm thick and it feels pretty good, I see they go up to 4mm, that might be a bit excessive.

kamfl610

Apr 8, 2011
I'm in Europe and ordered Orzly tempered glass protector. Went on well and had no problems with it. Was about 10 euros and I bought a second one as backup in case the first one shattered or whatever. Figured 10 euros wasn't much. Bought it on Amazon.de but I'm sure that most of the amazon websites will have some sort of tempered glass varying in prices.

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
I wouldn't dismiss the Zagg. I had tempered glass on my HTC and it was good but it's not as good as the Zagg I now have here.
Whilst it is a film type protector it has as much in common with the stock Samsung screen protector as a central heating system has with a bonfire.
The self healing element is especially impressive.

lvnatic

Dec 5, 2010
Iasi
I wouldn't dismiss the Zagg. I had tempered glass on my HTC and it was good but it's not as good as the Zagg I now have here.
Whilst it is a film type protector it has as much in common with the stock Samsung screen protector as a central heating system has with a bonfire.
The self healing element is especially impressive.

But does it look good on the screen, no smudges or fingerprints?