Need Some Help Replacing a Lost Folder

Search This thread

rvvcuda

May 31, 2014
I am new to Android and recently bought a Tab2 10.1 (SCH-I915). It is rooted and I deleted the system/etc/kies folder thinking it was remnants of the stand alone Kies program that I found out is not compatible with my device after having installed it:eek:. Now I have the same problem as others with internal memory showing up as /mnt/mmc/Downloaded Data. when connected to and viewed on PC. Can someone send me a copy of the system/etc/kies folder on a SCH-I915 so I can replace it?

I looked for a stock firmware for this tablet and can not find one to extract the folder from. I tried the firmware for a SCH-I925 but the folder contains different files and does not correct the problem.

I also did a factory reset but that did not replace/re-install the folder. It needs to be from a SCH-I915 with JB 4.1.2 model I suppose, Please help, If you have a SCH-I915 and could copy the entire folder and send it as an email attachment or .zip/.rar or if someone has found a place to download the SCH-I915 firmware I can extract it myself......

Started a new thread as the old one was over 6 months old. Found this as a solution posted on the old thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zVeRoBoY View Post
Hello! Wipe didn't help me in this situation, but I found another way. You need to copy the folder "kies"(system/etc) from the official firmware.

Thanks for your time

rvvcuda

May 31, 2014
Thanks For All The Help

Is anyone home at this site? The lack of help here is Astounding. I ended up taking my working tab2 10.1 to a Samsung Specialty Store where they proceeded to brick the device by installing the wrong software/firware version on it. That has turned this into a warranty replacement issue now. SAMSUNG BRICKS THEIR OWN DEVICE - OUTSTANDING! Maybe Apple is not all that bad after all???

Thanks for all the help :eek:

maddog00

Jul 20, 2010
Is anyone home at this site? The lack of help here is Astounding. I ended up taking my working tab2 10.1 to a Samsung Specialty Store where they proceeded to brick the device by installing the wrong software/firware version on it. That has turned this into a warranty replacement issue now. SAMSUNG BRICKS THEIR OWN DEVICE - OUTSTANDING! Maybe Apple is not all that bad after all???

Sorry couldn't be any help. This place is a ghost town with newer devices around.

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit

There is little, if any support for your particular device. Sorry man, keep looking though!