[Q] MediaPad Honor X1 no bueno on T-Mobile Phoenix. No Internet.

Search This thread

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
So, I just purchased a MediaPad Honor X1 (3G Only model 7D-501u). My carrier is T-Mobile and I am located in a refarmed/modernized area (Phoenix, AZ). Unfortunately, my MediaPad is not functioning on T-Mobile. I get a 3G signal (and even H+), but cannot get any internet data. I have tried all the APNs (epc.tmobile.com, fast.t-mobile.com, and all recommended combinations in between). But still, no data! I have mobile data enabled, tried both network mode=3G and 3G preferred, tried updating stock firmware to Android 4.4, then back again (couldn't deal with the large font size), still nothing. Voice calls are very inconsistent, most of the time failing before a connection is even made. I tried 3 different SIM chips, and even a brand new one that T-Mobile provided for me, no go.... I have a call into tech support and waiting for some assistance (not that they can help me at this point).

Phone/internet works on 2G/Edge when hardset in the Network Mode, but that is just too slow to feasibly use. Thought it might be a radio problem, but I've tried two AT&T SIMs and Internet 3G/H+ fires right on up with no problems. So good news if you are on AT&T and wan't a MediaPad X1. I got around 4-5 Mbps download..Plenty fast. But I really don't want to switch to AT&T.

Don't think I have any options at this point. I'm trying to communicate with the store in China I purchased it from, but you can imagine how that is going :(

I love this device. Really! I would definitely keep this as a full-time daily device if I can get this working. The build quality is fantastic (except for this problem of course), screen is great, battery is great, and it's really compact for a 7 inch screen. But.....it doesn't work on the Uncarrier!!

I'll see if the T-Mobile Engineers have any suggestions, and if that doesn't have any positive results, which I'm sure it won't, I will have to try and either get a refund or sell it online! (Any AT&T customers want a good deal on a beautiful 7 inch phablet?)

Sorry for the length of this. Anyone have any experience with this issue, or maybe can anyone out there in Phoenix area validate if their's is working on T-Mobile?

Thanks.

P.S. I have a Huawei Ascend Mate 2....Sweeeeeet device. Love it! But unfortunately it seemed to get smaller the longer I had it. It was time to upgrade to a bigger screen. Anyone else have that problem with your devices shrinking on you, lol?

people211

Jan 18, 2011
I'm in the Cincinnati area and haven't had any data all day

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
I'm in the Cincinnati area and haven't had any data all day

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

You on T-Mobile? I received my MediaPad 3 days ago, never been able to get data yet. I'm assuming at this point I never will and am close to moving on. What has your experience been so far overall with the MediaPad?

people211

Jan 18, 2011
You on T-Mobile? I received my MediaPad 3 days ago, never been able to get data yet. I'm assuming at this point I never will and am close to moving on. What has your experience been so far overall with the MediaPad?

Yeah I'm on tmobile, but don't have a media pad. I was searching to see if anyone mentioned any data issues on tmobile on xda and found your post. The issue might just be tmobile, not the hardware because I found a lot of people saying the same thing on tmobile' s Facebook page. I also had the icon show up, but no data.
Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
Yeah I'm on tmobile, but don't have a media pad. I was searching to see if anyone mentioned any data issues on tmobile on xda and found your post. The issue might just be tmobile, not the hardware because I found a lot of people saying the same thing on tmobile' s Facebook page. I also had the icon show up, but no data.
Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

Good to know. I have a ticket in with a T-Mobile Engineer. Should hear back within the next day or so. I will keep you informed of what I am told. My wife has my old Verizon Samsung Note 2 on T-Mobile and it's been working fine. It would also be using the 3G 1900 Mhz frequency. So you would think if the Note 2 Internet is working right now on T-Mobile, my 3G Mediapad X1 should work too. But it doesn't :(

CaveCreeker

Sep 29, 2008
MediaPad X1 no Internet with T-Mobile wifi hotspot

So on top of not being able to get internet with my T-Mobile SIM insert into my Mediapad, I'm also not able to get Internet when I have my Mate 2 setup as a wifi hotspot and the Mediapad using a wifi connection to the hotspot. Unable to browse to any sites. The Mediapad does get internet while connected via wifi to home router. How strange is that! Again, AT&T SIM works fine.

Squiddester

Jul 7, 2014
same problem in Tampa fl

So, I just purchased a MediaPad Honor X1 (3G Only model 7D-501u). My carrier is T-Mobile and I am located in a refarmed/modernized area (Phoenix, AZ). Unfortunately, my MediaPad is not functioning on T-Mobile. I get a 3G signal (and even H+), but cannot get any internet data. I have tried all the APNs (epc.tmobile.com, fast.t-mobile.com, and all recommended combinations in between). But still, no data! I have mobile data enabled, tried both network mode=3G and 3G preferred, tried updating stock firmware to Android 4.4, then back again (couldn't deal with the large font size), still nothing. Voice calls are very inconsistent, most of the time failing before a connection is even made. I tried 3 different SIM chips, and even a brand new one that T-Mobile provided for me, no go.... I have a call into tech support and waiting for some assistance (not that they can help me at this point).

Phone/internet works on 2G/Edge when hardset in the Network Mode, but that is just too slow to feasibly use. Thought it might be a radio problem, but I've tried two AT&T SIMs and Internet 3G/H+ fires right on up with no problems. So good news if you are on AT&T and wan't a MediaPad X1. I got around 4-5 Mbps download..Plenty fast. But I really don't want to switch to AT&T.

Don't think I have any options at this point. I'm trying to communicate with the store in China I purchased it from, but you can imagine how that is going :(

I love this device. Really! I would definitely keep this as a full-time daily device if I can get this working. The build quality is fantastic (except for this problem of course), screen is great, battery is great, and it's really compact for a 7 inch screen. But.....it doesn't work on the Uncarrier!!

I'll see if the T-Mobile Engineers have any suggestions, and if that doesn't have any positive results, which I'm sure it won't, I will have to try and either get a refund or sell it online! (Any AT&T customers want a good deal on a beautiful 7 inch phablet?)

Sorry for the length of this. Anyone have any experience with this issue, or maybe can anyone out there in Phoenix area validate if their's is working on T-Mobile?

Thanks.

P.S. I have a Huawei Ascend Mate 2....Sweeeeeet device. Love it! But unfortunately it seemed to get smaller the longer I had it. It was time to upgrade to a bigger screen. Anyone else have that problem with your devices shrinking on you, lol?

I have metro pcs ( T-Mobile) had good bandwidth 6\8 MBS but won't stay connected metro put in APN settings witch may it very stable but now only get 20 k witch sucks but always have signal if you get APN settings should solve problem ,metro supports x1