[SC-02C] Japan NTT DoCoMo Galaxy S II Users

Search This thread

drsteve888

Apr 22, 2012
CM9 sc-02c help

Hi was wondering if someone could please help. I have installed the latest CM9 nightly build on my sc-02c together with sakuramilks latest kernel and modem. The phone boot fine and works for calls however no matter what I do, I cannot get data to work (wifi works fine). In about section it says mobile network state disconnected if this makes any difference? Does anyone have any idea how to get data working (3G or H+). I have tried other kernels (siyah), but cannot get data working. Please help, I am sick of flashing endlessly only for it not to work.

Thanks

wjchen0

Apr 4, 2012
blogger.wjchen.co.cc
Apn problem.

Hi was wondering if someone could please help. I have installed the latest CM9 nightly build on my sc-02c together with sakuramilks latest kernel and modem. The phone boot fine and works for calls however no matter what I do, I cannot get data to work (wifi works fine). In about section it says mobile network state disconnected if this makes any difference? Does anyone have any idea how to get data working (3G or H+). I have tried other kernels (siyah), but cannot get data working. Please help, I am sick of flashing endlessly only for it not to work.

Thanks

It's not kernel problem,just because APN settings is not right,it depends on your mobile network service.

mr_villagomez

Dec 4, 2009
Urayasu
Installed CM9 on my SC02C (CM9 nightly 20120404, OMKL4, Syiah 3.0.1-ntt).

I frequently have crashes (couple of times a week), but that I can live with.

My biggest problem is that sometimes I suddenly lose all connectivity. Connectivity bars at the top-right are grey even tho I am 100% sure to be in coverage area (not sure but I think there was a 3G symbol and I could see some grey separate bars moving so there was still something going on but still it wouldn't turn blue -- will make sure of that again next time).
Sometimes I don't even notice it and go for hours without any signal until I try to browse/call.
A reboot fixes it.

Any body experienced the same symptoms? Not sure if it's CM9 related and/or SC02C-specific.

Next time it happens I will try to dump logs and check phone status (usually happens to me when I'm on the go so can't really check it well).

You're problem is that the kernel you flashed is not for ics. Its for gingerbread. Fillow @sakuramilk on twitter and download his kernel. Im running cm9 0414 nightly with his latest kernel which he posted a link to on twitter. It has working gps and good battery life.

Sent from my SC-02C using xda premium

mr_villagomez

Dec 4, 2009
Urayasu

Thanks

If you're on docomo and paying for spmode data pakehoudai then make a new apn with the address as spmode. Ne. Jp then save and select it. Your data should work immediately after

SC-02C : CM9 nightly 0414 : Sakuramilk Kernel

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City

Thanks

mr_villagomezis right but he has a typo, probably cos he replied from his phone.

Anyhow goto settings->mobile networks->access point names
Menu->New APN
Name: spmode
APM: spmode.ne.jp
MCC: 440
MNC: 10
APN Type: default,supl
APN Protocol: IPv4

The rest are not set/unspecified.

drsteve888

Apr 22, 2012
mr_villagomezis right but he has a typo, probably cos he replied from his phone.

Anyhow goto settings->mobile networks->access point names
Menu->New APN
Name: spmode
APM: spmode.ne.jp
MCC: 440
MNC: 10
APN Type: default,supl
APN Protocol: IPv4

The rest are not set/unspecified.

Thanks it worked perfectly

zaphod777

Apr 11, 2011
Chigasaki
FYI guys do not flash any Siyah 3.1RC6 from yesterday. If you wipe your phone it will brick your phone. It may be only a soft brick but so far no one has been able to recover.

It is safest to only use 3.1RC6 dated today or later. Personally I am still using 3.0.1 stable to be safe.

SimmoF

Dec 6, 2011
Shinjuku City
Hi, I'm having an issue with the clock app. It's happened on all ICS versions I have tried. When you press Create Alarm it freezes the app. I am using SakuraMilk's kernel now but it happens on Siyah too.

Anyone else having this issue or fixed it?

wjchen0

Apr 4, 2012
blogger.wjchen.co.cc
Hi, I'm having an issue with the clock app. It's happened on all ICS versions I have tried. When you press Create Alarm it freezes the app. I am using SakuraMilk's kernel now but it happens on Siyah too.

Anyone else having this issue or fixed it?

It's not a kernel issue.As far as I know,in some old version official rom the clock works bad,you can try third party clock app.

wendac

Jun 18, 2011
i am now using simmon mod of sakuramilk kernel but sometimes the wifi cannot work after you turn it off. It shows turning on for a long time. Any solution for this?

Also any suggestion for the cpu setting? Max min cpu frq and governor I/O scheduler. I want a compromise between smoothness and battery

zaphod777

Apr 11, 2011
Chigasaki
i am now using simmon mod of sakuramilk kernel but sometimes the wifi cannot work after you turn it off. It shows turning on for a long time. Any solution for this?

Also any suggestion for the cpu setting? Max min cpu frq and governor I/O scheduler. I want a compromise between smoothness and battery

This is a known issue with CM9 I think the Siyah Kernel dev said CyanogenMOD mad some changes that caused this. He has fixed it in his kernel and just released 3.1 but I am waiting until the dust settles since yesterday he had a release that bricked some devices under certain conditions.

I have my CPU set to a min of 200Mhz and a max of 1000Mhz. I am also using the Conservative governor. Battery life is OK, not as good as it was with GB but as more CM9 dailys come out and the kernel dev's work harder battery life improves.

wendac

Jun 18, 2011
Just updated my mod packs for ease of installation.

I have made another for wjchen's speedmod-mod.

The new versions, install Apex Launcher and BetterBatteryStats to the /data partion now instead of /system
Apex now supports the Superuser app, so it doesn't need to be in /system anymore.
I also changed it from installing a premade gps.conf and now it simply patches the one already on your system.
I removed the GPS static navigation patch, if you want it you can use the app to install if you want it.

Simmo's mod with SakuraMilk's nightly 20120422 kernel.
Simmo's mod with wjchen's Siyah 3.1rc6 kernel.
Simmo's mod with wjchen's SpeedMod k3-11 kernel.

XWLP8 works a dream for me with this patch works a dream for me.

I am using a 1% BatteryMod on mine too, if anyone wants I'll post a link to it.

Dear Simmon can you upload the kernels again? the link expires

wjchen0

Apr 4, 2012
blogger.wjchen.co.cc
Gokhan upload many versions of siyah3.1rc6,the version compiled by me is the oldest one,based on international ics source,won't brick your device,only a version of siyah3.1rc6 based on korean ics source might brick device.And the latest siyah3.1 is also based on international ics source.
Wifi toggle issue is a bug of samsung kernel source,I'm testing some solutions,not sure it work or not.

Reactions: zaphod777

zaphod777

Apr 11, 2011
Chigasaki
Gokhan upload many versions of siyah3.1rc6,the version compiled by me is the oldest one,based on international ics source,won't brick your device,only a version of siyah3.1rc6 based on korean ics source might brick device.And the latest siyah3.1 is also based on international ics source.
Wifi toggle issue is a bug of samsung kernel source,I'm testing some solutions,not sure it work or not.

Awesome, I just wanted to check and make sure. I see you are on top of it. I am still sticking with 3.0.1 since I don't care about dual booting and want to wait until there is a good stable one to flash.

wjchen0

Apr 4, 2012
blogger.wjchen.co.cc
I read that some people were having issues with the new mount points. Will it work OK with cm9? I haven't updated to the latest cm9 yet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
I'm using official rom,not very sure,you can have a try.
If you want to use old kernel,add a script in /system/etc/init.d/,this may fix wifi issue.

Update:
The min_free_kbytes default value is 3606,increase it may fix wifi toggle issue.
I set it to 16384 and works fine for two days.
Other value such as 8192 may work,but need more tests.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 16384 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NTT DoCoMo SC-02C FAQ in progress, coming soon...

Q: What is the difference between the SC-02C and other Galaxy S II models?
    A: The FM radio on the "international I9100" is missing, and in its place is an ISDB-T digital TV receiver. (Similar to but using a different broadcast protocol as the DMB receivers in the korean M250 models) The SC-02C does not have NFC capabilities, like all models except the M250.

Q: How can I unlock the SC-02C?
    A: The unlock used for other early Galaxy S II models will not work on the SC-02C. You can have the handset unlocked at your nearest DoCoMo shop for 3150 yen (tax-inclusive). This does not supposed to affect your monthly billing.

Q: Where can I find original SC-02C firmware if I need to return the handset for service?
    A: There is not an official version of the OMKF2 firmware that the earliest released handsets came with, however you may obtain a copy of the first update, OMKG5, here.

Q: What is the current version firmware?
    A: The final firmware version is OMMP7 (Android 4.0.3)

Q: What's the deal with tethering?
    A: If you use tethering (i.e. mobile access point) you may find your monthly pakehodai charge has increased to 10,395 yen/mo. Its suspected that turning the built-in tether feature switches you invisibly to a different APN which generates an increase on the bill.

Q: How do I activate the Palette UI that Docomo is advertising?
    A: Use the 'Home Switcher' application or clear the defaults for 'TwLauncher' in Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.

Q: Can I use I9100 images (and custom ones) on the SC-02C (or vice-versa)?
    A: To an extent yes, there are a couple issues:
    1. The kernel/baseband must be for SC-02C or else you will lose GPS/One-Seg functionality. (You can generally flash these back after installing a custom image)
    2. The SC-02C has a different partition layout, FACTORYFS is 100MB larger than I9100 and HIDDEN is 100MB smaller. The disk usage on the current OMxxx images does not exceed the size of the I9100 partition, however it is VERY close and the SC-02C's partition table was likely laid out different to allow for additional growth.
    The bad news is that Docomo firmwares do not contain an Sbl.bin file, so you can not fix your boot logo that way. The good news is that someone ripped the Sbl.bin file from their phone over a year ago, this one also works with the usb jig. So it's a win/win. You can download it from my DropBox go to the !SC-02C folder, download SBL-SC02COMKF2.zip extract it and flash the tar with odin.

I did the same thing as you, this is how I fixed it. Also if you'd like to use the GPS/compass fix and get some nice tweaks as well, youy can flash my mod in my DropBox's Simmo's Mod folder. Download the zip file with Siyah in the name, and install with ClockworkMod.

Good luck.

hello, Im a user of Docomo SC-02C GS2, can u help me?
    I flashed a firmware of european model and now I lost the "Docomo" logo at the boot.
    I think it is because I had flashed the file includes "boot.bin", and "sbl.bin".

Now I can flash the original firmware (from SC-02C_DCM_SC02COMKG5_SC02CDCMKG5_SC02COMKG5.exe) without problem.

This is the current Version on my phone:
    PDA: SC02COMKG5
    PHONE: SC-2COMKG5
    CSC: SC02CDCMKG5

Build Info: Sat Jul 16 06:05:10 KST 2011

There is no problem to use the telefone.
    But at the boot of the telefone, it shows "Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100". (Before was "Docomo" ....)

Can you tell me how to rebranding to a original docomo-logo (it maybe caused by european boot.bin??)

Thank you.
    Now siyah kernel support both international i9100 and SC-02C in a single kernel image.Just download the latest version from gokhanmoral's web site and add a script in /system/etc/init.d/ gps will work for SC-02C.

Code:
    #!/sbin/busybox sh
    echo 16 > /proc/sys/kernel/rom_feature_set
    sleep 5
    chown root.system /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    chmod 664 /sys/class/sec/gps/GPS_PWR_EN/value
    A CWM flashable script:
    https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/g47a9r0dz14w0wj/S99FixNTTGPS.zip
    Flash CM10 rom,then kernel build by me,then ics compass fix,that's all.
    You may wipe cache and data。
    If you use sc-02c stock rom,you should remove assert script in CM10 rom(Open the zip, go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top 6 lines with the assert then repack).
    @wjchen0: Did you flash CM10 rom cook for I9100 version first, or just flash CM10 kernel that you built?
    I want to enjoy JB as soon as posible... Can't wait for Docomo support :((
    Thank you very much for your reply, currently my phone use
    DXLP7
    2.6.35.7-I9100XWKK5-CL754841root@Dell144#2
    I am going to root my phone to use root explorer.
    so as your instruction, i have to download xxxOMKL4xxx.tar file and use root explorer to copy the files as you mentioned to the phone right?
    Many Thanks

You should rename sensors.*.so(sorry I forgot the name) to sensors.GT-i9100.so or sensors.default.so first,then just replace the files.
    Here is siyah kernel and speedmod kernel for sc-02c ics compiled by me, GPS works fine.I hope this can help.
    blogger.wjchen.co.cc/?p=29001