Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
The biggest thing that would've pushed the Sgs3 over the edge and have a similar impact like the Sgs2.

To have either a dual core or quad core 28nm processor on new architecture similar to krait/a15 instead of old a9.

At least that wouldve done it for me.

I hear you that would have been nice, but not necessary now honestly. Quad core Krait is super beastly and quad core A15 even more, all that power for what right now? The Galaxy S3 is gonna spend the major part of its prime time with ICS considering jelly bean won't be out till the end of the year and by that time, not only that the next nexus will be out hopefully with quad core, but also the Galaxy S4 wouldn't be too far either. The S3 will probably be updated to jelly bean lets say 3-4 months after its release so it honestly doesn't make any sense to A15 now. But the exynos 4 quad is more power than we need right now, and the reason why I'm impressed with the Galaxy s3 is because Samsung understood that the specs don't need to go over the top right now, but it's time to focus on the software side and add more features. They might be gimmicky, but they have good ideas and they will only improve. But obviously I respect your opinion.

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I hear you that would have been nice, but not necessary now honestly. Quad core Krait is super beastly and quad core A15 even more, all that power for what right now? The Galaxy S3 is gonna spend the major part of its prime time with ICS considering jelly bean won't be out till the end of the year and by that time, not only that the next nexus will be out hopefully with quad core, but also the Galaxy S4 wouldn't be too far either. The S3 will probably be updated to jelly bean lets say 3-4 months after its release so it honestly doesn't make any sense to A15 now. But the exynos 4 quad is more power than we need right now, and the reason why I'm impressed with the Galaxy s3 is because Samsung understood that the specs don't need to go over the top right now, but it's time to focus on the software side and add more features. They might be gimmicky, but they have good ideas and they will only improve. But obviously I respect your opinion.

Wasn't for the performance aspect.

It was more for the battery life savings the new architecture brings as well as smaller fabrication process.

Krait gets nearly the same performance on 2 semi-a15 cores as 4 a9 cores. But uses a crapload less energy doing so and even wins in a few benchmarks. S4 pro is probably the most ideal with updated adreno. And can't even imagine when dual-core a15 drop the end of this summer/fall.

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Wasn't for the performance aspect.

It was more for the battery life savings the new architecture brings as well as smaller fabrication process.

Krait gets nearly the same performance on 2 semi-a15 cores as 4 a9 cores. But uses a crapload less energy doing so and even wins in a few benchmarks. S4 pro is probably the most ideal with updated adreno. And can't even imagine when dual-core a15 drop the end of this summer/fall.

Got you, but the S3 SoC is based on a 32nm architecture which isn't bad at all, but it's still A9. I just think its fine right now with its big ass battery. Let's have fun flashing kernels to it and get the most juice out of it!

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
And while I don't own the phone yet ( S3), I've seen millions of vids about it, walkthrough and reviews and I couldn't disagree more with Engadget and you too.

You and I both share in that we don't own the phone yet. Where we differ is that you've clearly formulated an opinion of the SGS3 based on nothing but other people’s comments where I haven't. I have formed an opinion of the One X because I've been using it for a month. If I'm being positive about it it's from my personal experiences. But I'm flattered that you put my humble and amateur opinion in the same league as Engadget's ;)

You wanna know what the SGS3 does better than the one x? Well pretty much everything.

Based on what, reviewer’s spending a couple of hours with pre-production units? And then you deciding its true based on reading what they wrote? The true test of the SGS3 is what the front page looks on June 15 after people on different networks, with different needs, different expectations, and different uses for their phones have had time to use it doing the things they normally do.

It browses the web better - True

It takes better photos - The jury's still out. I want to hear what XDA'rs think before victory is declared. The SGS2 had a bunch of camera problems that the reviewers never picked up.

It has better battery life - True

It has a better call quality - Unknown until people actually using it compare it to their existing phones on their networks.

Better speakers - OK, I'll take your word for it. ;)

More storage - True

More features - I want to see which are useful based on people's real world experiences. Beats is a "feature" but one I could care less about.

Better internals - Exynos and Mali, yes. The Wolfson DAC, yes. The rest of the components like the cellular, GPS and Wi-Fi radios are still unknown.

There is always some kind of a excuse with you guys. If the speaker is better, it's " well I don't really use it" or if the multitasking sucks it's " how will it affect you on a daily basis?". But of course since Samsung didn't optimize touchwizz for the bigger screen, it's a big deal for you. To me it sounds like total BS.

What "guys" am I a part of? I had a i9100 for almost a year and a 3G UK G-Tab 10.1 that I've had for about 7 months. Both of them IMHO are/were fantastic devices. I’m still getting a SGS3, but because I like another brand of phone I'm now a Samsung "hater?" And yes, I question why Samsung wouldn't have resized TW to take advantage of the larger display area and at the same time made it look more contemporary in keeping with ICS and advances in h/w and s/w being introduced on the SGS3. Sense 4.0 is completely new, TW 4.0 is at best a remodel. It just strikes me as lazy on their part. And 25% less information displayed equates to 25% more scrolling. If the situation was reversed I'd consider it a strike against HTC and the One X too. And I’m not saying it should be important to you or anyone else if it’s not, it just seems odd to me.

And here's Engadget's take on TW 4.0. I can't agree or disagree until I get the phone but based on my experience with the ICS upgrade for the i9100 it sounds eerily familiar.

“It's understandable that Samsung wants to make its own mark on Android and differentiate itself from the competition, but did it really need to mess with Android 4.0 so brutally in the process? When you look at how much effort Google puts into improving its open source OS, it's actually unforgiveable for Samsung to come along and give us a skin that makes it all feel like old-fashioned Android 2.3. The phone doesn't even follow the latest button conventions: it has 'back' and 'menu' capacative buttons on either side of the physical home button, and thus omits the 'multi-tasking' button that came with the ICS. This means you have to press and hold the main home button for a second or so (honestly, it feels like an eternity), just to move between the apps that you're running. It's backwards and it's wrong.”

noneabove

May 1, 2011
One thing people need to keep in mind with krait is compared to samsungs exynos, they are less open source meaning could be tougher to upgrade to newer android versions through custom roms and such

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

H

hot_spare

You and I both share in that we don't own the phone yet. Where we differ is that you've clearly formulated an opinion of the SGS3 based on nothing but other people’s comments where I haven't. I have formed an opinion of the One X because I've been using it for a month. If I'm being positive about it it's from my personal experiences. But I'm flattered that you put my humble and amateur opinion in the same league as Engadget's ;)

Based on what, reviewer’s spending a couple of hours with pre-production units? And then you deciding its true based on reading what they wrote? The true test of the SGS3 is what the front page looks on June 15 after people on different networks, with different needs, different expectations, and different uses for their phones have had time to use it doing the things they normally do.

It browses the web better - True

It takes better photos - The jury's still out. I want to hear what XDA'rs think before victory is declared. The SGS2 had a bunch of camera problems that the reviewers never picked up.

It has better battery life - True

It has a better call quality - Unknown until people actually using it compare it to their existing phones on their networks.

Better speakers - OK, I'll take your word for it. ;)

More storage - True

More features - I want to see which are useful based on people's real world experiences. Beats is a "feature" but one I could care less about.

Better internals - Exynos and Mali, yes. The Wolfson DAC, yes. The rest of the components like the cellular, GPS and Wi-Fi radios are still unknown.

What "guys" am I a part of? I had a i9100 for almost a year and a 3G UK G-Tab 10.1 that I've had for about 7 months. Both of them IMHO are/were fantastic devices. I’m still getting a SGS3, but because I like another brand of phone I'm now a Samsung "hater?" And yes, I question why Samsung wouldn't have resized TW to take advantage of the larger display area and at the same time made it look more contemporary in keeping with ICS and advances in h/w and s/w being introduced on the SGS3. Sense 4.0 is completely new, TW 4.0 is at best a remodel. It just strikes me as lazy on their part. And 25% less information displayed equates to 25% more scrolling. If the situation was reversed I'd consider it a strike against HTC and the One X too. And I’m not saying it should be important to you or anyone else if it’s not, it just seems odd to me.

And here's Engadget's take on TW 4.0. I can't agree or disagree until I get the phone but based on my experience with the ICS upgrade for the i9100 it sounds eerily familiar.

“It's understandable that Samsung wants to make its own mark on Android and differentiate itself from the competition, but did it really need to mess with Android 4.0 so brutally in the process? When you look at how much effort Google puts into improving its open source OS, it's actually unforgiveable for Samsung to come along and give us a skin that makes it all feel like old-fashioned Android 2.3. The phone doesn't even follow the latest button conventions: it has 'back' and 'menu' capacative buttons on either side of the physical home button, and thus omits the 'multi-tasking' button that came with the ICS. This means you have to press and hold the main home button for a second or so (honestly, it feels like an eternity), just to move between the apps that you're running. It's backwards and it's wrong.”

If you consider Engadget's review professional, then our choice of reviewers don't match at all.

First indication -- the length of the review. Though I agree that quantity can never replace quality, but in case of tech reviews, a detailed review is always the best option (hint: Anandtech, gsmarena, nordichardware etc.,) Everything in that review looked like written within 24-hours.

Engadget made every possible attempt to make SGS3 look bad in terms of benchmarks. Seriously, which moron uses 2 different versions of NenaMark and when you know that it's restricted by VSYNC, how can you decide a winner between numbers like 60 and 60.8?? Did they even consider that One S resolution is only qHD and it affects the numbers?

Also about Linpack numbers - they are way off from other websites (like gsmarena).

I have never seen such bad quadrant scores from GS3 in any website.*

Check CNET review / GSMArena review / PhoneArena review / TheVerge review. It's a totally different debate whether quadrant is useful, but the point is that they seem to be trying best to put SGS3 in a bad way.

Look at Vellamo numbers -- Engadget numbers shows much less compared to Anandtech preview and Verge review.

SunSpider -- Again GSMarena / Anandtech / Swedroid / Nordichardware shows that much better numbers for SGS3 compared to HTC One X (both international and AT&T)

I can understand few numbers being skewed one or other way. But here we see that Engadget showing numbers for SGS3 totally different from what other reviews reported in almost all tests. It's as if they had an agenda from start.

It appears that the review was done in such haste. They list 7 features (at the end of the review -- drop box, smart stay , social tag , s voice etc), but they don't actually review them. What's the point of a review if you don't review each and every aspect of a device? It's upto us to decide whether the feature is useful - but they must atleast test whether these feature works.

There is also no mention of many feature (forget about reviews, you didn't even mention them):

1] AllSharePlay Youtube link: HRgYwWROC7A
2] Kies Air (Kies via WiFi)
3] Buddy photo share
4] RGB notification LED
5] You did not mention anything about partition, or how much space is available for installing apps.
6] Usable RAM
7] Nothing about Audio quality or that it uses Wolfson DAC
8] No information on codecs or bit rate supported
9] Pop up play feature
10] exFAT support
11] USB OTG support
12] Gestures (there are tons in SGS3). youtube link 6prVw-nVozY
13] Video player functionality
14] Audio player quality and equalizer functions.

I can list a few more, but I am already bored by list of important feature that they completely ignored to mention in the review. How is that possible that they didn't mention a single line, forget about properly reviewing them?

In essence, was this a review of Galaxy S3 or a comparison article between SGS3 and HOX? They mentioned One X 21 times in the whole review. But they forgot to mention tons of features in the device that they are reviewing, but they mention One X 21 times in the review!

Someone had an axe to grind!

N.B. This was my comment to the Sharif Sakr (Engadget editor), but he did not bother to reply me in the comment section.

rapaholic999

Nov 17, 2007
SGS3 vs HOX

This is a video review done by itblog.it ... THing is its in a different language.. and i couldnt understand a word the speaker said ..:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGTYCBMWJRU

It would be great if someone could add subtitles to the Video and repost it ..:D

I know u cannot understand anything the speaker says .. but looking at the video u can make out quite a few things ... I know most of u will be watching it no matter what ... Thats the geeky side of us ...;) :p

sebbo90

May 10, 2009
If you consider Engadget's review professional, then our choice of reviewers don't match at all.

First indication -- the length of the review. Though I agree that quantity can never replace quality, but in case of tech reviews, a detailed review is always the best option (hint: Anandtech, gsmarena, nordichardware etc.,) Everything in that review looked like written within 24-hours.

Engadget made every possible attempt to make SGS3 look bad in terms of benchmarks. Seriously, which moron uses 2 different versions of NenaMark and when you know that it's restricted by VSYNC, how can you decide a winner between numbers like 60 and 60.8?? Did they even consider that One S resolution is only qHD and it affects the numbers?

Also about Linpack numbers - they are way off from other websites (like gsmarena).

I have never seen such bad quadrant scores from GS3 in any website.*

Check CNET review / GSMArena review / PhoneArena review / TheVerge review. It's a totally different debate whether quadrant is useful, but the point is that they seem to be trying best to put SGS3 in a bad way.

Look at Vellamo numbers -- Engadget numbers shows much less compared to Anandtech preview and Verge review.

SunSpider -- Again GSMarena / Anandtech / Swedroid / Nordichardware shows that much better numbers for SGS3 compared to HTC One X (both international and AT&T)

I can understand few numbers being skewed one or other way. But here we see that Engadget showing numbers for SGS3 totally different from what other reviews reported in almost all tests. It's as if they had an agenda from start.

It appears that the review was done in such haste. They list 7 features (at the end of the review -- drop box, smart stay , social tag , s voice etc), but they don't actually review them. What's the point of a review if you don't review each and every aspect of a device? It's upto us to decide whether the feature is useful - but they must atleast test whether these feature works.

There is also no mention of many feature (forget about reviews, you didn't even mention them):

1] AllSharePlay Youtube link: HRgYwWROC7A
2] Kies Air (Kies via WiFi)
3] Buddy photo share
4] RGB notification LED
5] You did not mention anything about partition, or how much space is available for installing apps.
6] Usable RAM
7] Nothing about Audio quality or that it uses Wolfson DAC
8] No information on codecs or bit rate supported
9] Pop up play feature
10] exFAT support
11] USB OTG support
12] Gestures (there are tons in SGS3). youtube link 6prVw-nVozY
13] Video player functionality
14] Audio player quality and equalizer functions.

I can list a few more, but I am already bored by list of important feature that they completely ignored to mention in the review. How is that possible that they didn't mention a single line, forget about properly reviewing them?

In essence, was this a review of Galaxy S3 or a comparison article between SGS3 and HOX? They mentioned One X 21 times in the whole review. But they forgot to mention tons of features in the device that they are reviewing, but they mention One X 21 times in the review!

Someone had an axe to grind!

N.B. This was my comment to the Sharif Sakr (Engadget editor), but he did not bother to reply me in the comment section.

I have to agree on the Engadget review that a lot of features were not mentioned, but seriously CNET as reliable. Just one example, cnet says in the One X review that quad core is overkill in the negative section but then say how great it is on the s3 :/

I think GSMAreana seems the best so far

shubhamvadhera

Jul 8, 2011
well i hv read pretty much all of the thread and this is what i conclude....

guys this is a comparison thread. ... not the thread to write whats good for ME or YOU.

htc guys defend their device by saying things like 32 gb is enough for me, i dont watch movies so amoled is of no use, i dont swap mmc, benchmarks dont matter coz there are no apps to harness the full potential of quad cores... etc etc...

sammy guys say i dont take photo in low light, i dont look at back side of a device, looks dont matter for me.... pentile doesnt matter for me... etc etc

but the reality is while comparing any 2 devices, they are compared for what they have and what they dont hv... its as simple as that... a feature is a feature... hope everyone keep this in mind while defending any device...

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App

H

hot_spare

I have to agree on the Engadget review that a lot of features were not mentioned, but seriously CNET as reliable. Just one example, cnet says in the One X review that quad core is overkill in the negative section but then say how great it is on the s3 :/

I think GSMAreana seems the best so far

You are right. I agree much with CNET.

My point of bringing CNET review was for specific purpose of benchmark numbers. I don't consider CNET review as-a-whole over Engadget review or vice-versa.

GSMarena is usually very detailed, always a very safe bet in terms of quality.

I also prefer others like Anandtech, Nordichardware (their review of SGS3 is not up yet), swedroid etc.,

emorej

Apr 10, 2010
Doha
Believe me this phone S3 has a lot to offer, to those who ordered it wait and judge it personally..The built quality is superb its in the level of iphone in terms of quality,its plastic but feels good in hand and looks simply beautiful...the OS has a lot of changes including samsung customized apps!

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
The Engadget review i one of the worst i have seen. Its seriously trying to hurt sales, picking on every little thing and making them sound really bad, blatantly misleading on features by ignoring them and flat out lying about performance. Its little more than an attempt to make people wait for the iP5, by a sad little iSheep.

Good to see a number of commenters are calling him out on it. I though Engadget had gotten over its fanboyism (i used to call it iEngadget), but it seem its back again.

Reactions: gerbig

cba1986

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in Buenos Aires
In the end of the day. It doesn't matter if its has as Quad-Core A9 or A15 if the software cannot take advantage of it.
I had been using the SGS1 for almost 2 years now and still have some live left, with CM9 on board of course. But it's time for a change so i decided to go for the S3. I got nothing against the HOX, is not my type phone. I chose the S3 for the developer support and the quality of the material used by Samsung. I'm am a average user so the pentalgate issue doesn't affect me.
I think that both of this phone are beast. You can't go wrong with either of them, Only choose what is better for you and only for you. Because in the end the person who is gonna to use the phone is you.

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
In then end of the day. It doesn't matter if its has as Quad-Core A9 or A15 if the software cannot take advantage of it.
Personally i had been using the SGS1 for almost 2 years now and still have some live left. But it's time for a change so i decided to go for the S3. I got nothing against the HOX, is not my type phone. Personally for the developer support and the quality of the material used by Samsung.
I think that both of this phone are beast. You can't go wrong with either of them, Only choose what is better for you and only for you. Because in the end the person who is gonna to use the phone is you.

It actually does matter in terms of architecture, besides having to use less energy and the ability to run at a lower clock speed to get the same performance, it will save a lot more energy in general. Maybe double the battery life.

But as for Quad-core, that doesn't really matter. Nothing uses more than 2 cores right now except for high intensive games and I don't see anything using more than 2 cores for a while. Unless some .raw editing extreme photoshop tool comes out for a phone.........most apps run fine on 1-2 cores and are perfectly smooth. It only ramps up frequencies when scrolling or loading and 2 is pretty much the max it needs.

Lucasm93

Feb 28, 2011
I think I have made my mind (pre world release :D ) after following the thread and the discussions here.
The S3 is the best. But the One X is on par with it. Either phone you get, you probably won't be missing anything for the next 12 months.

Reactions: laneyofdeath

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Remember that Krait is NOT A15, its an A9/A15 hybrid, and so is the quad Exynos. Krait has more A15 features, but that alone isnt enough to win the performance battle. How well those features are implemented is the key.

cba1986

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in Buenos Aires
It actually does matter in terms of architecture, besides having to use less energy and the ability to run at a lower clock speed to get the same performance, it will save a lot more energy in general. Maybe double the battery life.

But as for Quad-core, that doesn't really matter. Nothing uses more than 2 cores right now except for high intensive games and I don't see anything using more than 2 cores for a while. Unless some .raw editing extreme photoshop tool comes out for a phone.........most apps run fine on 1-2 cores and are perfectly smooth. It only ramps up frequencies when scrolling or loading and 2 is pretty much the max it needs.

Yes, you are right. But for example. The AT&T One X. It has a SoC that teorically can outperform the QuadCore Exinos but the buggy soft its not taking advantage of it Wasting the potential of the SoC. For the other hand Samsung uses an "older" architecture but know how to take advantage of it.
Honestly, there is much more than benchmark and battery life, call it audio fidelity, software enhacement, building materials, etc..
If i want a phone that can hold for a entire week i would stick to the Nokia 1100.

SlimJ87D

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, you are right. But for example. The AT&T One X. It has a SoC that teorically can outperform the QuadCore Exinos but the buggy soft its not taking advantage of it Wasting the potential of the SoC. For the other hand Samsung uses an "older" architecture but know how to take advantage of it.
Honestly, there is much more than benchmark and battery life, call it audio fidelity, software enhacement, building materials, etc..
If i want a phone that can hold for a entire week i would stick to the Nokia 1100.

One of the bigger problems with the S4 is the lack of dedicated video ram. Without it, i put its user experience ability below that of the tegra 3 and Exynos.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh Barry is back. I thought you either disappeared or got banned :D

Banned? I piss people off some times but always try to do it in good taste. ;)

I was traveling for the past couple of weeks so haven't had time to keep up with the boards. Not much has changed. I did get to use a demo DoCoMo SGS3 for a couple of days while I was in Japan. It's spec'd similarly to the U.S. variants so I'd imagine it performs similarly too. It wasn't a production device but still seemed to perform well. After using it as a daily driver for two days this is why I’m keeping the One X:

- I like Sense better than TW4. Social integration, e-mail, MMS, the stock music player, and things like the productivity lock screen are some of the big pluses (to me). I also like the dark on light visuals after living in the black world of TW on the i9100 for eleven months.

- The stock music player is a good example of how thoroughly thought out Sense is. The imbedded tagging is the first I've experienced on a mobile device that gets albums with multiple artists right. It also updates songs and albums with high-res graphics automatically via Gracenote so my library looks spiffy. Sense even allows third party apps like Amazon MP3 to have their controls displayed on the lock screen via the stock app. To go directly to the music player when the device is locked all you need to do is drag it to unlock ring. It also streams via DLNA directly from the app and integrates remote songs with local content. FriendStream and the e-mail/MMS clients are equally well thought out.

- The radios (BT and cellular) on the One X are night and day compared to the S4 SGS3. To connect to multiple cars and networks I had to do nothing to get the One X to work. I had to fiddle with settings and APN's to get the SGS3 to work. It wouldn't connect via A2DP to a Nissan that the One X had no problem with. I've used the One X in about six countries now and whether roaming via my AT&T SIM or using a local one never had an issue registering on a foreign network. My old SGS2 never peformed nearly that well.

- Connecting the SGS3 to a PC to move files to it isn't nearly as fast and easy as HTC's approach to ditching MTP and providing a mass storage option. I didn't time it but moving music and video to the SGS3 seemed to take at least 1/3 to 1/2 more time than the One X.

- The SGS3 looks a lot better in person than I thought it would. The phone I was using though was the old pebble blue with the matching home button. I'm not a fan of the old pebble blue and I still like the design of the One X better. I must have big hands because I didn’t find either phone more or less comfortable to use.

- The browser on the SGS3 was faster but I'm not willing to give up text reflow for speed, especially on a HD display. The HTC browser also has a "read" button that's really cool. It strips out all but text and pictures and makes reading WSJ articles and the like that are long and very text heavy better and easier to read on a mobile device.

- In comparing the displays, I was fine with the SGS3's. PenTile didn't bother me and neither did the representation of blacks. The One X's display is brighter, clearer, and the colors are more natural. Had I not been using a One X I would have been ga ga over the SGS3's display

- S-Voice was hit or miss but it wasn't a killer feature for me anyway. Awake Stay was great when it worked but I wear reading glasses and that really threw it for a loop. Pop Up Play will be great on a tablet but it's a parlor trick on such a small display like the SGS3's. Direct Dial's pretty useless in anything but a text because you still have to manually select the number to call if a contact has multiples as most of mine do.

So, bottom line for me, s/w and design won out over h/w, performance, and benchmarks (I would have gotten Exynos). The only thing that I feel I'll be missing is better battery life and a removable battery. 32GB of storage is fine for me so the expandable storage wasn't ever a hot button. There you have it. ;)
    hi folks, due to the number of 'comparison threads getting out on control we've decided to merge them into one.For all comparisons.

All other threads will be deleted. please keep discussions of the SGS3 and One X here.

before you start please take the time to read and understand the following:

2. Member conduct.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result what is ‘ok’ to say in your part of the world may not be ok in someone else’s part of the world. Please think about who is reading what you write. Keep in mind that what you think of as acceptable use of language may not be acceptable to others. Conversely, while reading member posts, remember that word you find offensive may not be to the writer. Tolerance is a two way street.

2.2 Nudity: XDA is used by people of all ages, including minors. It's not acceptable to post nude/pornographic imagery, which includes exposure of the male or female genitalia or of female breasts.

2.3 Flaming: XDA was founded as a group of people sharing information about certain mobile phones. Sharing does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) it does involve working together to solve problems in an environment of mutual respect and understanding. Losing your temper and flaming another member, or group of members, is not acceptable behavior.

2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and/or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive, therefore none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

2.5 Courtesy towards other Members: Treat new members the way you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instruction when you can and always with respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

2.6 All members are expected to read and adhere to the XDA rules.

We've no issue with legitimate discussion but we won't tolerate flaming, trolling or abuse of any kind.

We will infract anyone who breaks the rules and this may result in bans

regards

Moderator team
    And thats all folks, it seems my last warnings to stay on topic and not keep trolling with nonsense have been ignored.

Thread closed, it was dead a long time ago, RIP.
    People like you make me lose faith in mankind. Where in my posts does it make me look like a fanboy. I've had the past 3 samsungs and loved them.

I said clearly in the post IMO capitalized the design is ugly. Obv everyone won't feel the same.

Im making valid scientific comparisons and based off me having had the galaxy nexus and galaxy s II as well as original galaxy s. I thought I hit all the right points. Samsung software and soc is better, HTC software sucks. Does that sound like a fanboy?

Take your ignorant bashing posts elsewhere.

Have you held and compare the one x with something like the galaxy nexus. Don't tell me the galaxy nexus feels more high quality because even though its great, plastic is plastic and doesnt feel as nice.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

I remember getting a similar answer from you in a different thread, it's just weird to see you being so active on a forum for a phone that you see as inferior, or at least not to your liking... I didn't mean to be a jerk back then but some of your phrasing really sounds like you are making yourself feel better over your purchase. For example: "exynos 4 is faster as well as gpu, but not a humongous difference, nothing noticeable both are more than fast enough for anything out" Why explain? it's faster period. Even the dual core of the S2 is more than enough for pretty much everything on the market so why do you have to downplay it by adding stuff like that?

Both phones are great and have their pros and cons we all know that but right now, the still unoptimized S3 which is not even yet released wins most if not all "hands on" reviews. So it is almost certainly the better phone. The screen is a matter of taste. I prefer AMOLED and I'm saying that as an intermediate photographer... I have my dedicated equipment for "natural" colours and such and I see no use for it on a phone and multimedia device. As far as multimedia goes it looks FAR better on an AMOLED screen for the blacks alone. Not to mention it has a far superior battery life when it comes to that.

HTC seems to aim at the hip, young and "cool" audience where as the galaxy series seems to aim more at the matured audience IMO. Beats audio by "Dr. Dre" and Sense as an indication for that... I can't stand the looks of sense and while TouchWiz will not win any beauty contest it still looks more grown up to me, especially those small changes they did in the app drawer etc.
    definitely HTC One X is my choice
    why?
    1. Software are both customizable, both doesnt matter
    2. Raw power, both have identical processing power
    3. housing, while sgs3 came with plastic material, onex came with polycarbonate (proven to be weather proof as we use it on canopies :D) htc one x is the winner
    4. Camera, Htc one x
    5. Design, htc have more rugged design :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

1. One X isn't S-OFF, so this does matter. A lot.
    2. Raw power - Have you even seen benchmarks?
    3. Housing - Umm... the SGS3 is also polycarbonate... and you know what polycarbonate is? PLASTIC.
    4. Camera - In low light, yes the HOX will win, in good light, SGS3 was better.
    5. Design - questionable, and totally down to the individual.

Now let me add some points:
    Internal memory:
    SGS3 - 16, 32, 64 + Up to 64GB SGXC in exFAT + 50 GB dropbox
    HOX - 32GB (25GB usable) + 25? GB dropbox non expandable
    Battery:
    2100 removable vs 1800 non removable
    Audio:
    Wolfson DAC vs ****ty beats audio marketing ploy