Beats audio remover

Search This thread

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
In my opinion beats audio really hurts the audio quality with good players like poweramp. therefore I made this little zip to help people remove it. It should work on any rom, but I take no responsibility if it doesn't (please tell me though so I can try to fix it).

To install: copy zip to root of sdcard, make a backup in CWM (recommended), then just chose zip from sdcard and flash it.

all it does is delete all the beats files and add back a few in an unmodified form.

file is attached

Attachments

• Beats-Remover.zip
    151.5 KB · Views: 1,151

KEB64

Jan 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Nice work! We need more uninstall scripts in my opinion. So its not like all or nothing when installing add-ons and themes. Even though I don't have Beats I thank you.
:thumbup:

The End.

Reactions: lkrasner

lkrasner

Apr 14, 2012
Brighton, MI
Nice work! We need more uninstall scripts in my opinion. So its not like all or nothing when installing add-ons and themes. Even though I don't have Beats I thank you.

The End.

thanks, I wish our roms had more options for these things upon install or something, or at least more settings like cm7 has. this was super easy to make, it just took forever since I had to type the name of every file and make sure I didn't need to replace it.

iarejohnsmith

Mar 10, 2012
This is great. I am pretty sure I saw a couple Beats removers floating around but I feel much better using one by lkrasner. Thanks man! Keep doing stuff like this!

renycyril

Sep 7, 2011
Kollam, Kerala
big problem

tried the beats remover on my galaxy sl and now i've lost all my audio... no sound from music..no notification sounds. no ringtone.... but can hear calls..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In my opinion beats audio really hurts the audio quality with good players like poweramp. therefore I made this little zip to help people remove it. It should work on any rom, but I take no responsibility if it doesn't (please tell me though so I can try to fix it).

To install: copy zip to root of sdcard, make a backup in CWM (recommended), then just chose zip from sdcard and flash it.

all it does is delete all the beats files and add back a few in an unmodified form.

file is attached

The End.
    tried the beats remover on my galaxy sl and now i've lost all my audio... no sound from music..no notification sounds. no ringtone.... but can hear calls..

Sorry man, I hope you took a backup. This was intended for the A2. The removal part will work on any, but there are some files that are device specific to be added back.