Greenify System Apps

Search This thread

cochran.191

Dec 31, 2011
I am obsessive when it comes to making sure that every app or process that can be closed/hibernated is before I turn my screen off and after I exit an app. So when I was going through everything I could hibernate I noticed that Chrome and the Play Store were noticeably missing. I have added the generic "Internet" app, which I am guessing is actually Chrome since that was the default browser, but I cannot find anything for the Play Store. I was able to Greenify it on my S2 so why can't I even find it on my S5?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Pretty sure Play Store is regarded as a system app and you need to install xposed framework to allow greenify of system apps. The option can be found under experimental features.

Reactions: Active_Matrix

cochran.191

Dec 31, 2011
I already have Xposed installed and the option to Greenify system apps checked. I also have the donation version of Greenify. I just for some reason can't find the Chrome and Play Store apps to Greenify.

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
I already have Xposed installed and the option to Greenify system apps checked. I also have the donation version of Greenify. I just for some reason can't find the Chrome and Play Store apps to Greenify.

Just click the search icon then launch the Play Store and then add it to Greenify!

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Reactions: cochran.191

cochran.191

Dec 31, 2011
Thank you. I had tried to do that before but my notification kept disappearing but I updated my app and it worked this time.

cochran.191

Dec 31, 2011
To be 100% honest, I am not sure. I haven't run any type of analysis on my battery life to check. But I know that when it's not hibernating it pretty much runs 24/7 and that it opens just as quickly from hibernation as when it isn't. I figure that it can't hurt having one less process running in the background all the time.

crazymook

Aug 4, 2007
Even hibernating the Play Store, it begins running again after a few minutes. At least for me.

cochran.191

Dec 31, 2011
You can use the wakeup tracker to find out what is waking it up and cut it off that way. I haven't done that because it usually only wakes up when I turn the screen on. I Greenify after I turn the screen on and before I turn the screen off every time so that doesn't bother me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pretty sure Play Store is regarded as a system app and you need to install xposed framework to allow greenify of system apps. The option can be found under experimental features.

Just click the search icon then launch the Play Store and then add it to Greenify!

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away