Update about to role out.

Search This thread

prameenson

Feb 10, 2013
Kolkata
Hey Guys, there is a good news for all of Galaxy Core Duos GT i8262 users. I had sent a mail to Samsung inquiring about the next update version of android of our beloved core. So here follows their reply...

Your question
Hi, I am currently using Galaxy Core Duos, GT i8262. I was wondering that should I expect any update version of android for my phone by samsung? May it be 4.2/4.3/4.4... If yes what can be the expected month...
Thanks
Prameen Singh

Counselor answer

Dear Mr. Singh,

Thank you for taking out time and sending this email to Samsung.

I understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a Software update for your Samsung handset GT-I8262.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a Software update for GT-I8262 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new Software release provided it’s connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

Go to home screen> Tap on Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update)

You are our valued customer and we appreciate your patience in this regard.

For further query we request you to contact us on 1800 3000 8282/ 1800266 8282 as per your convenient for technical help.

Mach5

Nov 30, 2013
Delhi
Hey Guys, there is a good news for all of Galaxy Core Duos GT i8262 users. I had sent a mail to Samsung inquiring about the next update version of android of our beloved core. So here follows their reply...

Your question
Hi, I am currently using Galaxy Core Duos, GT i8262. I was wondering that should I expect any update version of android for my phone by samsung? May it be 4.2/4.3/4.4... If yes what can be the expected month...
Thanks
Prameen Singh

Counselor answer

Dear Mr. Singh,

I understand your concern regarding the unavailability of a Software update for your Samsung handset GT-I8262.

We would like to inform you that feedback to release a Software update for GT-I8262 has already been sent to our department concerned. They are in the process of developing the same; however, as of now there is no official release date available with us.

Also, your Samsung handset comes with a feature which will automatically inform you about any new Software release provided it’s connected to Internet. You may enable that option by following the steps mentioned below:

Go to home screen> Tap on Application> Setting > about device > Update (check for update)

For further query we request you to contact us on 1800 3000 8282/ 1800266 8282 as per your convenient for technical help.

screen shot of messages? I would like to see it cuz of so many fake placeholder threads.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

prameenson

Feb 10, 2013
Kolkata
Screen shot

screen shot of messages? I would like to see it cuz of so many fake placeholder threads.

Here goes the ss... :)

Feel free to press thanks. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 288

pepmat

May 12, 2014
It would be nice to get Android 4.2,4.3 or 4.4.Let as know the answer to them on any updates to the Galaxy GT-Core I8260.Signed created the petition, which will surely help
Sent from my GT-I8260 using XDA Free mobile app

Unscrewed

Aug 6, 2012
Guys, I asked it through livechat, and there is no information about an update for our Core. I showed this thread and there are no records available and he said it was most likely fake because they don't know anything. Then I asked if it was possible to submit a request so we can get a ROM and that there is a petition running, he said that it wasn't possible unfortunately and that I just needed to wait until there is more information available.
@op could you please explain this to me? Because I was getting my hopes up. I asked for both the i8260 and the i8262, no info.

pepmat

May 12, 2014
Will definitely wrong they.There is still active, however, the petition

friendfriend

Mar 25, 2012
So, Galaxy Core is definitely dead phone.
There is no hope for Samsung nor developers.

Core is very good phone and i will use core a lot months ahead but this is last samsung for me - Nexus is next step.

AnsleyC

Jan 24, 2014
Margao
I had sent a similar question regarding this and i got an exact same answer... :(

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 159

nkvarman

Feb 17, 2012
This is the formal answer they use to give if anyone asks about update, but practically there wont be any difference. In recent times Samsung haven't provide a version update to any if its middle & low range device

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

pepmat

May 12, 2014
Guys do not despair! We still have the petition, there is still a hope!

pepmat

May 12, 2014
Still do not know anything about the petition. Just show him the completed.Ora please stop disturbing the Samsung!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your question
    Thanks
    Prameen Singh

Counselor answer

Dear Mr. Singh,

Screen shot

Here goes the ss... :)

Feel free to press thanks. :)