[Q] Recovery has Dissappeared: Please Help

Search This thread

n30d3xx0r

Jun 6, 2014
Hi everyone,

I flashed the OTA update for the AOSB rom earlier today. Upon doing so I realised that my Gapps weren't functioning properly: so, I went to go into my recovery to re-flash them but wait. My recovery seems to have disappeared. I have tried manually flashing the boot.img and I have also tried adb reboot recovery; I have also tried flashing Philz CWMR but to no avail. The LED does not turn on during boot to indicate that there is a recovery option and I am unable to find any way to get into recovery to reflash Gapps.

So, I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how to get my recovery back, or, if all else fails, just to flash gapps some other way.

Thanks in advance!

n30d3xx0r

Device Details:

Xperia z1 (Honami)
Running AOSB 4.3.3

MOD EDIT: Warez reference.

Last edited by a moderator:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
Hi everyone,

I flashed the OTA update for the AOSB rom earlier today. Upon doing so I realised that my Gapps weren't functioning properly: so, I went to go into my recovery to re-flash them but wait. My recovery seems to have disappeared. I have tried manually flashing the boot.img and I have also tried adb reboot recovery; I have also tried flashing Philz CWMR but to no avail. The LED does not turn on during boot to indicate that there is a recovery option and I am unable to find any way to get into recovery to reflash Gapps.

So, I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know how to get my recovery back, or, if all else fails, just to flash gapps some other way.

Thanks in advance!

n30d3xx0r

Device Details:

Xperia z1 (Honami)
Running AOSB 4.3.3

Try to restart to recovery from power menu (from ROM), that wilk work if you still have recovery..

Couldn't you just go to fastboot mod and flash boot.img with recovery?

I'm not 100% sure there is kernel with recovery to fastboot for Z1 but I know that was the easiest way on XS...

If that fails, download Goomanager from market and install recovery with it...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

n30d3xx0r

Jun 6, 2014
Will give it a shot

Try to restart to recovery from power menu (from ROM), that wilk work if you still have recovery..

Couldn't you just go to fastboot mod and flash boot.img with recovery?

I'm not 100% sure there is kernel with recovery to fastboot for Z1 but I know that was the easiest way on XS...

If that fails, download Goomanager from market and install recovery with it...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've tried getting into recovery that way as well (already had it in my power menu) but to no avail either: I think it might be gone.

If by that you mean extract the boot.img from the rom zip and flash that then yes I have tried it.

And as for your third suggestion I'll take a look at that and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

n30d3xx0r

Jun 6, 2014
All looks fine to me

Use fastboot to flash the boot.img and please post the output here

I tried it again: here's the output. I'm not an expert by any means but that looks fine to me?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot flash boot aosbboot.img

sending 'boot' (8178 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.260s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.532s]
finished. total time: 0.795s

Thanks!

n30d3xx0r

Jun 6, 2014
I've fixed it!

Thanks for all of your help but I worked out how to fix it :D

For future reference, if anyone has the same issue download the Z1 multirecovery package and run that.

Sorry, I can't post the link :(

Should solve the problem :)

Thanks for all of your help anyway!