SW2 work better with 4.3 or 4.4?

Search This thread

Nomad1600

Jul 18, 2012
I am on a 4.1.2 ROM and finding the Notification extensions don't play well with my ROM. Since a solid rooted and unlocked 4.3 has been released for the GS3 Verizon and a number of the 4.4 ROMs seem pretty stable I am evaluating both directions. But since my SW2 now is a key part of my phone I'd like to make sure that the SW2 plays well with whatever direction I go. I am pretty sure the phone plays well with 4.3... anyone using a 4.4 phone yet and any challenges?

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
I am on a 4.1.2 ROM and finding the Notification extensions don't play well with my ROM. Since a solid rooted and unlocked 4.3 has been released for the GS3 Verizon and a number of the 4.4 ROMs seem pretty stable I am evaluating both directions. But since my SW2 now is a key part of my phone I'd like to make sure that the SW2 plays well with whatever direction I go. I am pretty sure the phone plays well with 4.3... anyone using a 4.4 phone yet and any challenges?

some people are reporting issues with 4.4 and some extensions not working. I'd stick with 4.3 if stability of the watch is what you're looking for

Reactions: Nomad1600

cas239

Nov 26, 2012
Some 4.4 ROMs are reporting issues with Bluetooth in general. I'm currently running the latest Carbon nightly 4.3.1 and haven't had a single issue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Not sure I can speak for other 4.4 ROMs on other devices but, with KitKat on the Nexus 5 (stock) I've had no problems with using my smartwatch 2 at all. Watchnotifier brings through other notifcations that Sony misses and the GMail extension works great. Bluetooth is generally very good but, I have noticed the occasional disconnect when connecting to another bluetooth device (speaker etc) but, it's a quick reconnection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

some people are reporting issues with 4.4 and some extensions not working. I'd stick with 4.3 if stability of the watch is what you're looking for
    No issues with 4.4.2 - works perfect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Some 4.4 ROMs are reporting issues with Bluetooth in general. I'm currently running the latest Carbon nightly 4.3.1 and haven't had a single issue

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Not sure I can speak for other 4.4 ROMs on other devices but, with KitKat on the Nexus 5 (stock) I've had no problems with using my smartwatch 2 at all. Watchnotifier brings through other notifcations that Sony misses and the GMail extension works great. Bluetooth is generally very good but, I have noticed the occasional disconnect when connecting to another bluetooth device (speaker etc) but, it's a quick reconnection.