[Q] Google Plus using an excessive amount of WiFi Data

Search This thread

theduke004

Jun 1, 2010
Chicago
I was wondering if this is a common issue when installing a new ROM. I recently flashed the N5 experience ROM V4.2.1 Stock Kernel with LTE. I have no stability issues whatsoever but my Google Plus application is using a ridiculous amount of WiFi Data in the background. I'm not concerned about using it but I am concerned about my battery life. I am assuming this is from uploading pictures but I don't understand why it would try to upload duplicates. I never noticed in the past about this problem because there were no indicators on the UI about WiFi usage unless you pulled down the settings menu and looked at the tiles to see up and down data indicators. Is this problem normal after doing a wipe/factory reset? I have a screen shot that I will post as well.

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
I was wondering if this is a common issue when installing a new ROM. I recently flashed the N5 experience ROM V4.2.1 Stock Kernel with LTE. I have no stability issues whatsoever but my Google Plus application is using a ridiculous amount of WiFi Data in the background. I'm not concerned about using it but I am concerned about my battery life. I am assuming this is from uploading pictures but I don't understand why it would try to upload duplicates. I never noticed in the past about this problem because there were no indicators on the UI about WiFi usage unless you pulled down the settings menu and looked at the tiles to see up and down data indicators. Is this problem normal after doing a wipe/factory reset? I have a screen shot that I will post as well.

You could always turn off auto backup. It's not uploading duplicates (unless you actually see duplicates), but it will sync. That could be the problem.

Sent with my Nexus® 10 minus 3

Reactions: theduke004

theduke004

Jun 1, 2010
Chicago
You could always turn off auto backup. It's not uploading duplicates (unless you actually see duplicates), but it will sync. That could be the problem.

So you're thinking it's just syncing my Google+ feed then? I do like the auto upload feature that it gives you because I have access from any device via my Google account. I think I might just wait and see what happens over the course of the next few days and then evaluate if it is still using a high amount of WiFi data. If it was just an initial install thing it shouldn't affect anything in the coming days. Thanks for the reply!

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
So you're thinking it's just syncing my Google+ feed then? I do like the auto upload feature that it gives you because I have access from any device via my Google account. I think I might just wait and see what happens over the course of the next few days and then evaluate if it is still using a high amount of WiFi data. If it was just an initial install thing it shouldn't affect anything in the coming days. Thanks for the reply!

If you are really active and take a lot of pictures, the more data G+ will use. As long as you are using wifi, it shouldn't be a problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.