NBH_WM7_AKU_6176_WWE_for_HTC_MONDRIAN

Search This thread

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
That reg entry on the Leo is "ID"="4.3in WVGA Optrex" too. checking some more entries...

OK, I've until now checked these folders and they are exactly the same as the Leo:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Settings\ILCDC]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Settings\ILCDCgordon]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Settings\EBI2]

Of course it doesn't seem like these are important entries

checked [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\GSensor]
other than Prefix=ECS all other entries have different values. And these two don't exist in the Leo:
"SensorEnableMask"=dword:0
"SensorPollingMask"=dword:0

If that "ECS" is the sensor manufacturer, the sensor may be the same as that of Leo

This one is identical too:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\DCompassAPI]

It seems like most entries are the same or simillar and that's expected as it's still Win CE

Last edited:

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since most of these binaries are compiled for ARMv7, i would be interested if any of the native code would run under CE 5.x/WM 6.x on an ARMv7 capable device (HTC Leo, LG Expo, etc.)

The only device I have (AT&T Tilt 2) can't run ARMv7 code, so that pretty much stops me in my tracks where I am :)

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
Since most of these binaries are compiled for ARMv7, i would be interested if any of the native code would run under CE 5.x/WM 6.x on an ARMv7 capable device (HTC Leo, LG Expo, etc.)

The only device I have (AT&T Tilt 2) can't run ARMv7 code, so that pretty much stops me in my tracks where I am :)

I can try some executables on the Leo if you want :)
Where should I get them?

TehPenguin

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 2, 2006
Redmond
dpaoliello.wordpress.com

Star-Lite

Jan 14, 2008
Actually, they CAN be user removable:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=649938

HOWEVER, the device will not function unless the card is inserted.
This means that you CAN REMOVE the card, clone the data onto a larger card, then INSERT THE NEW CARD (You just can't keep switching between two separate cards).

I read another article on it and they mentioned that "the will become unusable if certain files got removed from the SD-Card". So it looks like you can indeed not remove the card, but as long as you copy those needed files (I would guess the 'windows' directory) to a new card you can safely remove your pictures etc without bricking your phone.

norgan

May 7, 2006
Sydney, AU

so if i try to run mptest.exe or pwrlogctrl.exe they just throw an unsigned or components missing exception.

i am going to cook a couple of the modules and see if they compile with thier required libaries.

e.g. calc7.exe with the calc*.dll's, calendar, office, onenote and compass. i'll let you know if i get any results.

are we going to have a problem with this special device specific certificate thing that windows 7 requires? will each app need to be signed by that root cert before they will even run i wonder?

EV Kitchen just skips over them, obviously the modules are not compatible with the kitchens we are using yet. Da_G Is there anything more we can do with these to try to get them running?
i chose the most obvious ones being the exe's with icons, meaning they are recognised as w32 exe's. None of them seems to run. are there any wp7 certs we need to load or anything?

Last edited:

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006

hum... I tried some exes like switchtocdma.exe and switchtogsm.exe
Nothing happens when you click on them. This is the reaction for all exe files I tried. Admittedly, these aren't really good files to try as they rely on drivers.
Unlike 6.X dumps, there aren't many exe files here, like iexplore.exe, etc... and there's no dll file at all! (there are some, but not nearly as much as 6.X ROMs. All exes and dlls are folders in which there's no exe or dll file)

I really don't know what to do with this dump, lol

Is it possible that IMGFS isn't dumped correctly?

Last edited:

nicandris

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2009
Amsterdam
plus.google.com
oki have a question. i remember my polaris losing its hardware value (i mean the hardware identification POLA100) after some "flashes". i got it back on via a command line tool (sorry for the missing info i have been away from the wm scenery for a while). Now the question. is it possible to change the value of any device to let's say MONDR100 and flash the ruu? i know we will be missing drivers and stuff but wouldn't this make it possible for a complete dump?

possible?

ckacey

Mar 20, 2006
www.grlt.com
culd this be a little pic of the device u get when u connect Windows Phone to PC like when u connect HD2 to Windows Mobile Device Centre it have the pic oh HD2 on it...
and when first WM6.1 come out, there was a default image, before it actually looked like device that was synced,
could this b some for this Mondrian... or just default WP7 icon...

oh and by the way, there is no way to sync it with pc at the moment, right ? becouse it will sync with Zune thing and i don't know if current zune player app will work with it...

Zune was updated to sync with the Kin devices, perhaps it already knows what to do with WinPho7? or we could trick it into thinking a Kin was connected, but not allow it to do firmware updates.

derliebewolf

Mar 2, 2006
world
www.flickr.com
Haha, Nice one. Gime a ROM image and I try and sacrifice mine :-D

But can I use this on my HTC Magician?

[you've gotta be an old poster to get the joke... I hope!]

V

Anyway. Not sure this is the right place but I dig into some files like settings and registry and to me it clearly looks like WP7 will use WIFi triangulation (?) to determine you current position in assistance to GPS and similar. It's that thing that Google got damned for doing in Germany right now by scanning private Networks (SSID AND content)

if someone is interested have a closer look at this: http://pastebin.com/E6ensBfu (especialy the Values with "FriendlyName")

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
But can I use this on my HTC Magician?

[you've gotta be an old poster to get the joke... I hope!]

frustration.gif

hahaha, i love that visualized despair(NO, it is not possible). been a days...
cotulla, where are you?

Last edited:

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
hum... I tried some exes like switchtocdma.exe and switchtogsm.exe
Nothing happens when you click on them. This is the reaction for all exe files I tried. Admittedly, these aren't really good files to try as they rely on drivers.
Unlike 6.X dumps, there aren't many exe files here, like iexplore.exe, etc... and there's no dll file at all! (there are some, but not nearly as much as 6.X ROMs. All exes and dlls are folders in which there's no exe or dll file)

I really don't know what to do with this dump, lol

Is it possible that IMGFS isn't dumped correctly?

is it possible that they are also reg and .dll dependent? it could be one reason why the .exes may not be working...just a thought but as far as compatibility with leo I'm like you and nothing runs =(

As for the possibility...hum good possibility. I guess we can wait a few days or someone can ask tom if they have a better relationship with him to see if he can help...even though he used jtag flash he should be able to help on some rudimentary stuff like this

mightymn

Oct 18, 2006
is it possible that they are also reg and .dll dependent? it could be one reason why the .exes may not be working...just a thought but as far as compatibility with leo I'm like you and nothing runs =(

As for the possibility...hum good possibility. I guess we can wait a few days or someone can ask tom if they have a better relationship with him to see if he can help...even though he used jtag flash he should be able to help on some rudimentary stuff like this

Well yes it's possible. Drivers are actually dll files too, and yes most exes have necessary dll files.

But the interesting part is that these exe files don't give errors such as "not a valid pocket pc app" or sth like that. I think they may actually be compatible...

Last edited:

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
Well yes it's possible. Drivers are actually dll files too, and yes most exes have necessary dll files.

But the interesting part is that these exe files don't give errors such as "not a valid pocket pc app" or sth like that. I think they may actually be compatible...

what about dependency
are the base files possibly using the silverlight bs microsoft is trying to push toward developers?
I mean if they are running it may not be .net related problems but silverlight...saying that they work (because I only tried one because sd card reformat =/) is interesting...I wonder if the kernel code...
hum why did this happen when I have school and acupuncture today!? GAH! I want to investigate it further

Top Liked Posts