[Q] Where can I find the T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab Stock Firmware/ROM?

Search This thread

cjsblues

May 17, 2007
Orlando, FL
Anyone have a location to download the stock/official T-Mobile US Galaxy Tab firmware (I've seen the links on samfirmware dot com but those aren't for the US version).

Thanks in advance!

rick75204

Oct 14, 2006
Stock full firmware needed

I am also looking for the stock full firmware for T-Mobile. I am currently on a Euro Firmware and Yes I can surf the we using edge - I am using Simple Mobile which is running off of T-Mobile. when I was on T-Mobile firmware I was getting 3G speeds at 4mbs download and 1.5mbs upload now on edge I'm lucky if I get 100k up or down.

cjsblues

May 17, 2007
Orlando, FL
Nope, same here: T-mobile redirect. Wifi only at the moment.

I pulled my SIM from my Vibrant and put it into my Tab... have you tried going back to your Vibrant? For some reason, now my Vibrant is saying Emergency Call Only with the original SIM. Maybe T-Mobile has black-listed it... not sure.

x2beach

Apr 2, 2010
I got data working.. I had to hack some files.. but I got it working.. in Edge mode. just need the tmobile usa modem.bin file and we are Golden.

I have another TAB sitting beside me its tmobile usa version also.. anyone know how I can Extract the Modem.bin file from it ?

rick75204

Oct 14, 2006
I got data working.. I had to hack some files.. but I got it working.. in Edge mode. just need the tmobile usa modem.bin file and we are Golden.

I have another TAB sitting beside me its tmobile usa version also.. anyone know how I can Extract the Modem.bin file from it ?

Try doing a Dump with Odin - and just to let you know I only flashed with Euro Firmware and edge was working - no need to put in US Modem (especially if your still only getting edge)

x2beach

Apr 2, 2010
how do u dump with odin ?

u need the stock us modem.bin so it will get 3g.. We are almost there

rick75204

Oct 14, 2006
how do u dump with odin ?

u need the stock us modem.bin so it will get 3g.. We are almost there

At the very bottom right there is a feature for Dump - you may have to put Tab in upload mode which I believe is "vol up + vol dn + Power"

And let me appologize - I seem to have misunderstood your post - I understood that you were able to get Edge working with the US Modem firmware.

Yes you are Correct - US Modem will probably get us back on 3G but I think there is a better chance if someone were to Cook a Rom based on the US Version

Last edited:

x2beach

Apr 2, 2010
I got Edge Working using the Euro Version.. the problem is the euro version modem.bin file doesnt support the AWS band the us uses so edge only.

what stink I got another tablet here beside me if I just can figure out how to get it extracted

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
There is a command you can run via adb that will dump the modem.bin file on the sdcard .
I forgot what it is but you guys can ask on the i9000 forums as it was posted there some months ago.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

cjsblues

May 17, 2007
Orlando, FL
I am looking still can;t find any info on how to dump the modem.bin

we are so close

If you are on a stock T-Mobile US Tab, can you try this:

1. Run Odin 1.7 first (without your Tab connected)
2. On your Tab, Hold Power + Vol Down + Home until the yellow download mode screen shows up
3. Connect USB to your Tab which should make Odin wake up and find it (it will say "Added")
4. Run the "Dump" command at the bottom of the Odin window...

What kind of file(s) does that give you?

Please post results for posterity! ;)

Croak

Oct 9, 2007
Mulberry
You'll need to be rooted to do this via ADB.

Fire up ADB shell then:

Code:
su (accept the prompt on the phone)
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/bml1.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml2 of=/sdcard/bml2.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml3 of=/sdcard/bml3.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/bml4.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml5 of=/sdcard/bml5.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml6 of=/sdcard/bml6.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml7 of=/sdcard/bml7.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml8 of=/sdcard/bml8.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml9 of=/sdcard/bml9.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml10 of=/sdcard/bml10.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml11 of=/sdcard/bml11.dump bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/bml12.dump bs=4096

That dumps your entire system directory to your PC in a /system directory (from where you ran ADB).

bml12 has your modem. But you'd need a real dev to tell you how to rebuild this into a flashable ROM.

tmotech88

Jan 13, 2010
jacksonville
Nope, same here: T-mobile redirect. Wifi only at the moment.

I pulled my SIM from my Vibrant and put it into my Tab... have you tried going back to your Vibrant? For some reason, now my Vibrant is saying Emergency Call Only with the original SIM. Maybe T-Mobile has black-listed it... not sure.

Is there a fax for the non data? I havent been ablw to connect at all?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to have a pc, windows 7 preferred, and a program on the pc called odin3 1.7.
    I have this exact problem! Can anyone help me to get 3G back on, and surf successfully? I could care less about the phone dialer.... I bought it rooted & with the european rom and not sure how to get it back to normal.

Here is the T-mobile stock 3g modem.
    its a bin file so unzip, open Heimdal with your tab in download mode.
    In the modem spot locate the modem you just got here, push start.
    You now have 3g again. I have used this many times to get 3g back on a euro rom.

If you want your Voice and Edge back, repeat with the Bell i9000 zip I also have here.

As of yet there is no way I know of the have both and just push a button and switch back and forth.

Hit the thanks button if I helped.