[ROM] SIP integrated for deodexed Gingerbread ROMs from Samsung (2.3.3 & 2.3.4)

Search This thread

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
1-
Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVR
Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVQ
Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVP
Downlaod for samsung gingerbread 2.3.3 mirror) (JVK, JVB, JVA,JVH, JVH, JV9, JVO)
2-Go to Settings, Call Settings, Internet Calls & Accounts to wrote the details of your sip account. In example:
Username: titooo
Password: pepito
Server: sip.nonoh.net
3-On Use Internet Calling choose your prefered option. I selected Ask for each call so every time I make a call to spanish landline numbers I make a free sip call thanks to my nonoh account.

Now you can make sip calls without using any third party software, no matter if you are using Wifi or 3G ;)

Credits to modaco, dfi2k5, ZS6WDL and/or whoever discovered this way to get integrated SIP on our gingerbread roms.

I created the zip file thanks to the info provided here and here(same info in both cases just wanted to credit everyone)

Last edited:

Bara2

Oct 14, 2010
Looking really interesting, Thanks.
But as this is a framework-res.apk modification flashing the file will revert my modified battery icon + crt sreenoff animation. Am I right? :)

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
I think so... You still can use the file that should be placed on /system/etc/permissions but then you only will have integrated sip calls when connected to wifi networks.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

Reactions: bodivas

mike.sw

Jul 31, 2010
"The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

Mirror anyone?

mike.sw

Jul 31, 2010
confirmed to work /w jvb!
this should work on odexed roms as well since the framework-res is an apk not jar.
for the ppl who don't want to touch the framework due to their custom battery mod, u can remove the apk from zip.
the framework-res.apk patch is only to allow sip calls over 3g as well, not wifi only.

jarsiv

Aug 17, 2010
Yes, works with JVB. Hopefully we got install which enable 3G support without power-menu etc. damaging. Is it coming ? :)

jarsiv

Aug 17, 2010
Sorry, but what do you mean? The file of the first post already have 3G support.

I mean that after installing that first post file we lost fancy battery icons with percentage numbers etc.

I have installed only a file of your reference to "system\etc\permissions\" that sip integration is enabled now only with wifi. Is it possible to enable 3G-support now without battery percentage icon lost?

Can you make a cwm file for that situtation because I am not pro to modify framework.apk.

Last edited:

titooo7

Sep 29, 2010
London
I mean that after installing that first post file we lost fancy battery icons with percentage numbers etc.

I have installed only a file of your reference to "system\etc\permissions\" that sip integration is enabled now only with wifi. Is it possible to enable 3G-support now without battery percentage icon lost?

Can you make a cwm file for that situtation because I am not pro to modify framework.apk.

Ok, I get it now. I'll do it later today (as soon as I put my hands on computer)

a9402169

Apr 4, 2009

got it. follow the steps described here -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746446

using apk_manager_4.9, I regenerated the framework-res.apk that came with JKay Deodexed ColoredCircleBatteryAndBlueGray Theme, now I have also the 3g support, and kept the mod.

was looking for this. thanks...:)

jarsiv

Aug 17, 2010
got it. follow the steps described here -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=746446

using apk_manager_4.9, I regenerated the framework-res.apk that came with JKay Deodexed ColoredCircleBatteryAndBlueGray Theme, now I have also the 3g support, and kept the mod.

was looking for this. thanks...:)

Did you sign it? Or do you just change file name after rebuild the apk from unsignedframework.apk to framework.apk?

Did you make liket this:
You first pull framework-res.apk from your phone
decompile the apk
make the changes
rebuild the apk
push apk back to phone?

What if there are also framework.odex or other files? Should I not to touch those?

a9402169

Apr 4, 2009
Did you sign it? Or do you just change file name after rebuild the apk from unsignedframework.apk to framework.apk?

actually, most of the process was handled by the apk manager. it took me 10 minutes overall, I followed strictly after the steps well described at the link.
I have deodexed fw, didn't sign it, was no need.
and yes, I did renamed the apk.

Did you make liket this:
You first pull framework-res.apk from your phone
decompile the apk
make the changes
rebuild the apk
push apk back to phone?

yes, I did. note that after the process of regenerating the apk finish, you still have to zip it but uncompressed, and rename (7zip).
then, I pushed the apk to the theme zip (using 7zip) and flashed it normally like an update.zip with cwm.
btw, I didn't use ADB tools at all.

What if there are also framework.odex or other files? Should I not to touch those?

not sure I follow you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1-
    Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVR
    Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVQ
    Download for samsung gingerbread 2.3.4 JVP
    Downlaod for samsung gingerbread 2.3.3 mirror) (JVK, JVB, JVA,JVH, JVH, JV9, JVO)
    2-Go to Settings, Call Settings, Internet Calls & Accounts to wrote the details of your sip account. In example:
    Username: titooo
    Password: pepito
    Server: sip.nonoh.net
    3-On Use Internet Calling choose your prefered option. I selected Ask for each call so every time I make a call to spanish landline numbers I make a free sip call thanks to my nonoh account.

Now you can make sip calls without using any third party software, no matter if you are using Wifi or 3G ;)

Credits to modaco, dfi2k5, ZS6WDL and/or whoever discovered this way to get integrated SIP on our gingerbread roms.

I created the zip file thanks to the info provided here and here(same info in both cases just wanted to credit everyone)
    I think so... You still can use the file that should be placed on /system/etc/permissions but then you only will have integrated sip calls when connected to wifi networks.

Sorry, I forgot to link the mirror (first post updated ;) )