[ROM][2.3.5] Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 [Mar. 2, 2012]

Search This thread

SummonerOfDeath

Jan 29, 2011
@dkelly mostly ( and to devs):

I had issues with Zero Sense 0.21 (see quote).

Was testing this one (0.21) for abt 2 days, wanted to test longer but was unable 2 do so.
Installed 2 days ago at abt 18h with las venturas 1.0 RC2, worked like a charm this evening: lightning fast, much memory, no bugs, great look & feel. installed all my apps, no problems.
did what i never do: i left original CPU settings as they just fit and didn't produce bad lags.
next morning, i tried to reconnect to my wlan which didnt work. in settings, wlan just said "error"; abt the same time, the phone started rebooting randomly. i booted, entered pin, and either at pin screen or after abt 2-5 min of running fine (well more or less, not as good as the evening before) it did a hot restart. this didn't work out though multiple rebooting and even kernel re-installing. this is why i had to cancel my test period as i need hero for daily phone. any ideas?

Now, exactly the same problem occurs on this rom... but just since the last build, first was fine.
It does not occur after 10 hrs of use as before, now it occurs immediately after setup!
dont know what 2 do.
oh yes - and no logcats, as i have not got time to usb mount before next restart.
would be sad if i had to quit this one as its an awesome rom...

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
I'm wondering if the problem is the same one we used to have sporadically with facebook within gb sense roms. did you maybe configure the facebook for sense account? if so then possibly this is the issue. or maybe the fb app itself is causing issues if you used it instead, or maybe using boht is the problem.

if you dind't do this then I doubt that is the problem.

but if course, restoring a lot of apps from tit backup can introduce lots of configurations which might actually trip over some existing configurations in the rom, so if you restore a fb app or account or similar then that too could cause issues.

not just fb of course, but fb is known to have caused similar issues in the past in one or more gb sense roms on the hero. I don't recall if hte isuses were with the fb app, the fb-for-sense account (for friendstream etc), or both.

I seem to recall similar issues in the past when doing this, and only in some installs and some setups. i dont' recall how I worked around it, but there was a workaround I think.

that's all I can give you right now, search this thread and the rose threads and the sfm threads (all similar roms with similar issues) to see if you can find anything about this.

SummonerOfDeath

Jan 29, 2011
I'm wondering if the problem is the same one we used to have sporadically with facebook within gb sense roms. did you maybe configure the facebook for sense account? if so then possibly this is the issue. or maybe the fb app itself is causing issues if you used it instead, or maybe using boht is the problem.

if you dind't do this then I doubt that is the problem.

but if course, restoring a lot of apps from tit backup can introduce lots of configurations which might actually trip over some existing configurations in the rom, so if you restore a fb app or account or similar then that too could cause issues.

not just fb of course, but fb is known to have caused similar issues in the past in one or more gb sense roms on the hero. I don't recall if hte isuses were with the fb app, the fb-for-sense account (for friendstream etc), or both.

I seem to recall similar issues in the past when doing this, and only in some installs and some setups. i dont' recall how I worked around it, but there was a workaround I think.

that's all I can give you right now, search this thread and the rose threads and the sfm threads (all similar roms with similar issues) to see if you can find anything about this.

Indeed, i did configure fb for sense... what i do never else Oo stupid me... why? dont know, i hate friendstream :D
But with 0.21 i did not use fb and the problem occured, though.
did not use tit backup yet, the problems reported made me think it will do no good on sense roms ^^
went back to 12222011 for the moment, reliable rom and stable for me. will try next time WITHOUT damn fb.
thanks dkelly :) will report when i tried again.

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
cool, let me know.

by the way I use tit back all the time with sense roms, it's just fine. but I'm cautious about what I restore - I do bulk restores of apps + data of a lot of items, but a few things I don't restore to either sense roms or to older android versions like 2.1.

with gb roms I find I can typically restore almost everything without trouble but I still watch fb, twitter, and a couple of other items since sense uses peep and has it's own annoying fb for sense account in addition to the fb app, and both integrate into the contacts list which is of course a little dangerous if both are messing with it at once.

Da9L

Jan 31, 2007
Hey nice with a new update !

Im running 12362011 build and its running pretty good allthough a little laggy. Does the 12302011 build include any speed improvements ?

NineInchNails

R.I.P. - We'll see you around, bud...
Jan 22, 2011
Minnesota
Speed is a rough issue. I'm currently testing some settings on the cdma side to see if I can help it some more.

Sent from my HTX Zero Hero Sense 3.5

Reactions: bochdi

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ok so I found why no languages. This is the Chinese Pico RUU. That's means I have to find out how to manually add in all the language translations, or see if swapping the apks from a European RUU would work. Anybody wanna be my tester?

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

iulipepe

Oct 19, 2010
Amsterdam
I don't know how to implement the skin picker. If you know how then tell me and I'll do it. I'm also very busy. I'm developing for 3 devices and college.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。

I have tried just to put the SkinPicker.apk in the zip file of the ROM under /system/app and afterwards to install the ROM, but after the successful installation there was no Skin Picker option in Personalize menu.
The apk was taken from the Senzation XL forum.
Nevertheless good job done for our devices prolonging their lifetime.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Hydra presents Zero Hero for the HTC Hero GSM. Many thanks to bharat_goku for reaching out to me (dastin1015) and helping get this first release out! :)

f88Wwur0

Team Hydra is composed of dastin1015, flashinglights, and most recently MattCrystal. We will be working alongside Team Suicide whose members include tazzpatriot, condemndsoul, and macrodroid to give you the best Sense 3.5 experience.

Zero Hero is based of the leaked RUU of the HTC Pico. Major thanks to our Chinese friend idogx who build for the Chinese version of the Hero CDMA. He helped a lot getting this thing off the ground.

71lJMCxd

Screenshots of new update soon.

YKoSyw5G

• Pico Release RUU Base
    • Calls
    • Messaging
    • GPS
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Sensors
    • LED's
    • HTC Task Killer app
    • Video Recording
    • HTC Hub, HTC Likes
    • Weather Animations
    • Correct carrier detection
    • Browser
    • Bluetooth

6645IbUM

• You tell us

5WUeFL7k

Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 03022012

PP1FssZz

• flashinglights
    • dastin1015
    • idogx
    • tazzpatriot
    • Hintay
    • condemndsoul
    • macrodroid
    • MattCrystal
    • bharat_goku

kK1YHta2

• Wipe system, data, cache, and boot.
    • Flash format zip's if you want to.
    • Flash Zero Hero.
    • Reboot.

BNGFyoWW

GitHub Repo: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 GSM
    B4lUpUrj

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC 2.5 03022012 |
    • Matching Version with CDMA Hero
    • Tweaks Added
    • Bluetooth Fix Implemented

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 03022012 |
    • Fix Bluetooth
    • Removed Apps
    Old Download: 03022012

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC1 |
    • Add European System Apps
    • Remove GSM Branch and Give Them Their own Repo (Github Side Only)
    • Add Missing Apps
    • Removed Extra Maps
    • New boot.img with Low Memory Killer Tweaks (MattCrystal) [Credit to zepplinrox cause Matt used his script to find these values]
    • Proper Camera Fix
    Old download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC1

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12302011 |
    • Camera Fix
    • Remove Extra Voice Search
    • Remove Useless Images
    • Smaller Phone
    Old Download: Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12302011

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12262011 |
    • Added more locales 2 for Language Support
    • Moved Some Apps to Make Room
    • Updated Apps
    • Removed Unnecessary Apps
    • Universal updater-script
    • Time is 12hr Instead of 24hr
    • Added full apns-conf.xml
    Old Download: 12262011

| Zero Hero Sense 3.5 12222011 |
    • Proximity Sensory Fixes
    • Some Call Lag Fixes
    • build.prop fixes
    • Removed 2 Unnecessary Apps
    • Remove Unnecessary init.d Files
    • Extended Reboot Options
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Working Accounts
    • Added Missing Apps
    • Removed Chinese Language
    • Removed Chinese Mail Providers
    • Removed Chinese Bookmarks
    • Added English Bookmarks
    • Added English Mail Providers
    • Added Updated Google Apps
    • Updated build.prop
    • Add init.d Files
    • MMS Sizes Are 500K, 1M, and 2M (2M Default)
    Old Download: 12222011

2lO026VD
    RC1 released. See changelog for updates.

私のEVO 3Dから送信される。
    Here is bharat_goku file with replaced corrrupted files and "status 6" fixed

Zero Hero Sense 3.5 RC1 fixed
    I've taken the original ROM, the ROM with the fixes (but which was corrupt), and the update zip with the boot image, and merged them all into one ROM which seems to work ;) (atleast for me)

http://dev-host.org/ie93urq6ec06/Zero-Hero-Sense-3.5-GSM-RC1-fixed-signed.zip

Signed for your flashing pleasure.