[ROM][CM 7.2] Custom [09.Mar.2012]

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hallo, here is my personal cm7 build with GoLauncher as a default launcher!
Some screen shoots:

device20120119193058.png

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2207/device20120119193045.png
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2295/device20120119193106.png
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5976/device20120119193123.png
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6895/device20120119193144.png
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3998/device20120119200616.png

What is needed if you want this on your device:
- phone need to be s-off + rooted
- you need recovery to install this
- you need to create 2 partitions on your sd card using an tool like "MiniTool Partition Wizard" (first partition need to be primary fat32 and seccond need to be primary ext4 (becouse I enabled apps2sd))! Do not create extended partition, all must be primary or instalation will be unsucesfull!!!
- install recovery and wipe everything using recovery (boot, sd-ext, cache, data, system)
- delete all android folders from your sd card and copy zip to sd card
- than install rom zip using recovery

After installing and runing your new rom:
- go to settings/aplication/all/google service framework and force stop + clear data!
- go to settings/aplication/all/settings and clear data!
- reboot!

What working:
- apps2sd enabled, cpu owerclock is default set to interactive|245min|806max
- video working, camera, camcorder, wifi, gps, bluetooth, data...

What not working:
- I don't know, please let me know :)

Kernel chagelog:

EDIT 20.Feb.2012:
- added nand partition (full nand size part) so you can dump whole nand
- enabled swap
- fixed lightsensor levels
- owerclocked video hw for better response
- some kernel fixes
- added cpu governors (SCARY, SAVAGEDZEN, SMARTASS and SMARTASS2)
EDIT 02.Mar.2012:
- reenabled interactive governor
- some changes in power management (now smallest battery drain!)
- 13 cpu frequencies (including 19mhz)
EDIT 09.Mar.2012:
- zram module added (will create init script in next update) :)
- genirq: pm: Fix the enable ordering in resume

How to install? Simple go to recovery, erase boot, flash boot_update.zip from attachment. Kernel is compatible with cm7! Please let me know how it working in your device!

Enjoy with CM7 + GoLauncher :)

Attachments

• boot_update.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 446
Last edited:

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
Sweet. I like options specially being that ive never tried go launcher. I'll have to try this out...a crazy thought......I wish somebody would whip up some kernel action. Just a thought for you devs out there. :)

artlov

Dec 17, 2008
I did. Installed over CM7.2 KANG 2012-02-20 build. I wanted to try Smartass and Smartass2 governors. No improved battery life noticed, but i'm too lazy to uninstall it and as no bugs discovered so far i currently live with this kernel :)

Last edited:
Reactions: munjeni

zoofer

Nov 4, 2008
Iowa
ext4 partition size?

You need to create 2 partitions on your sd card using a tool like "MiniTool Partition Wizard" (first partition need to be primary fat32 and second need to be primary ext4 (because I enabled apps2sd))! Do not create extended partition, all must be primary or installation will be unsuccessful!!

Do you have a suggestion on how large to make the primary ext4 partition for apps2sd? Thanks.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
How large? Its based on your needs!

New boot image updated... see changelog on first page!

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
So Im on the new nightly and would like to try your kernel. so do I format boot in recovery and flash the download? or cant I just wipe cache and dalvik then flash your boot_image file? thxs.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
So Im on the new nightly and would like to try your kernel. so do I format boot in recovery and flash the download? or cant I just wipe cache and dalvik then flash your boot_image file? thxs.
just erase boot ad than flash zip, than reboot!

source for kernel?
looking to renew my kernel ;) (rebased but stuck, all on my git)
initial repo from here -> https://github.com/CyanogenMod/htc-kernel-msm7227 and patch in attachment + files... maybe this changes will work better in your kernel? What battery current value is in sleep mode in your kernel?

Attachments

• aria.rar
    7.8 KB · Views: 33
  • kernel_src.rar
    29.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
Thxs....just to clarify, there is no clear boot option in CW. Sorry that im a knuckle head & not getting this. Just excited 2 try new kernel, munjeni. There's A format boot option so I tried that and flashed the zip and it boot looped. Never booted up. Back to my nandriod :(. Well hellooo Mr. Drowningchild!! Nice to see that your going to maybe implicate some cool changes in your kernel. Hope it works out.

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Thxs....just to clarify, there is no clear boot option in CW. Sorry that im a knuckle head & not getting this. Just excited 2 try new kernel, munjeni. There's A format boot option so I tried that and flashed the zip and it boot looped. Never booted up. Back to my nandriod :(. Well hellooo Mr. Drowningchild!! Nice to see that your going to maybe implicate some cool changes in your kernel. Hope it works out.
ok, but its boot update for cm 7.2! If you want, maybe try to replace init.d folder from my aria cm build and try if it will boot? In any way I have plan to create new custom build with go launcher + latest cm7. Whats new in cm7 rc2 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: tommyguns818

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
Rc2 nightly? not much but I do wanna say that I'm loving your kernel. Running 128/806 MHz on smartassV2. I finally got rid off setcpu and finally have a phone that goes to sleep in screen off. Also no lag after an hour say when the phone rings from screen off. Currently on rc2 newest nightly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330834765958.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330834765958.png
    48 KB · Views: 229
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330834788414.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1330834788414.png
    36 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: munjeni

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks dude, from your "plot" I see there is unused frequencies, for example 128mhz (i think some frequencies not exist!), 19mhz and 864 working but device sometimes rebooting phone so I will play with 19 and 864 (will try to see what frequency cause device reboot)....etc, but "sleep mode" is 70% good now (in a morning when I wakeup my device I seen 4mA battery current value so its good thing, device going to deep sleep mode!) but other 30% (for example when device go to sleep for 5 minutes, when I wake up device, current value is 50mA so it mean is not in deep sleep becouse some of "components" is not in sleep mode...etc... will try to fix that 30% things about...

In any way its better than before, battery drain in sleep mode after "night to morning" is about 5% of the capacity, so its very good ;)

Last edited:

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
I have to say....i've totally ditched launcher pro for go launcher. after you set up go launcher.....yeah it takes a bit but its just like launcher pro but much more options. so its worth it. also, no more crappy reboots and have to force close LP. go launcher has some nifty widgets too with SUPPORT. i think the launcher pro dude took a long deep vacation. :eek: Gonna flash this ROM on my wifes being that i got her a new aria. :D. im a cheaP a$$. keep you guys posted.

drowningchild

Jul 29, 2010
West Allis,Wisconsin
zram -doesnt- need to be build as a module, built in works fine for our device ;)
and you shouldnt need a script for it there already is one, 'compcache' in /bin and cmsettings.
the only thing i see for a change there would be the swappiness, defaults to 30, which from what ive always seen was it was being unused

benbailey84

Sep 13, 2011
Summerdale, AL
The only issue i am having is play market wont download or update apps. My mom and wife both on same wifi have no problems. Im not sure if its this rom or what. Other data works fine.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Yes, its something about enabled apps2sd but problem fixed when you go to applications/all/google service framework/force stop/clean data/reboot :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hallo, here is my personal cm7 build with GoLauncher as a default launcher!
    Some screen shoots:

device20120119193058.png

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2207/device20120119193045.png
    http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2295/device20120119193106.png
    http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5976/device20120119193123.png
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6895/device20120119193144.png
    http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3998/device20120119200616.png

What is needed if you want this on your device:
    - phone need to be s-off + rooted
    - you need recovery to install this
    - you need to create 2 partitions on your sd card using an tool like "MiniTool Partition Wizard" (first partition need to be primary fat32 and seccond need to be primary ext4 (becouse I enabled apps2sd))! Do not create extended partition, all must be primary or instalation will be unsucesfull!!!
    - install recovery and wipe everything using recovery (boot, sd-ext, cache, data, system)
    - delete all android folders from your sd card and copy zip to sd card
    - than install rom zip using recovery

After installing and runing your new rom:
    - go to settings/aplication/all/google service framework and force stop + clear data!
    - go to settings/aplication/all/settings and clear data!
    - reboot!

What working:
    - apps2sd enabled, cpu owerclock is default set to interactive|245min|806max
    - video working, camera, camcorder, wifi, gps, bluetooth, data...

What not working:
    - I don't know, please let me know :)

Kernel chagelog:

EDIT 20.Feb.2012:
    - added nand partition (full nand size part) so you can dump whole nand
    - enabled swap
    - fixed lightsensor levels
    - owerclocked video hw for better response
    - some kernel fixes
    - added cpu governors (SCARY, SAVAGEDZEN, SMARTASS and SMARTASS2)
    EDIT 02.Mar.2012:
    - reenabled interactive governor
    - some changes in power management (now smallest battery drain!)
    - 13 cpu frequencies (including 19mhz)
    EDIT 09.Mar.2012:
    - zram module added (will create init script in next update) :)
    - genirq: pm: Fix the enable ordering in resume

How to install? Simple go to recovery, erase boot, flash boot_update.zip from attachment. Kernel is compatible with cm7! Please let me know how it working in your device!

Enjoy with CM7 + GoLauncher :)
    Kernel is updated, see first post!
    I did. Installed over CM7.2 KANG 2012-02-20 build. I wanted to try Smartass and Smartass2 governors. No improved battery life noticed, but i'm too lazy to uninstall it and as no bugs discovered so far i currently live with this kernel :)
    ok, but its boot update for cm 7.2! If you want, maybe try to replace init.d folder from my aria cm build and try if it will boot? In any way I have plan to create new custom build with go launcher + latest cm7. Whats new in cm7 rc2 ?
    Rc2 nightly? not much but I do wanna say that I'm loving your kernel. Running 128/806 MHz on smartassV2. I finally got rid off setcpu and finally have a phone that goes to sleep in screen off. Also no lag after an hour say when the phone rings from screen off. Currently on rc2 newest nightly.