[APP]Facebook Home 1.0[ROOT/NON ROOT][CHAT HEADS & SMS WORKING]

Search This thread

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
Hey everyone, since the thread of the pre-release gets commented really quick, i decided to make a new one with a tutorial to make the new Facebook Launcher work... Here we go:

Thanks to MoDaCo for this, this version works both rooted and non-rooted, chat heads working on Messenger app, tested by me.

If you are a supported device in an unsupported country:

Be sure to have installed Facebook and Messenger, and then install Facebook Home and enable it in Facebook Settings section.

If you are an unsupported device:

Uninstall all your existing Facebook apps (Home, Messenger and main one), and then install the patched Messenger, Facebook and Home app. Sign into Facebook app and "enable facebook home" should be there for you.

Once again, thanks to MoDaCo for this, i just tested and uploaded files to another host. Everything works, at least for me.
UPDATE: Thanks to theos0o for fixed Messenger app. Now SMS fully works too! Just test.

View attachment 1878683

Last edited:

wts1

Nov 1, 2011
Give it a min, it didn't load mines at first either, but then it did. Be sure to be logged in everywhere and have it enabled on fb app...
ON: Messenger seems to work if you disable the SMS/MMS section...

yes am logged everywhere... hmmm ;< thats stupid am not able to use , and fb home is enable in fb app

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
yes am logged everywhere... hmmm ;< thats stupid am not able to use , and fb home is enable in fb app

You tried rebooting? Also, when you press the home key, select fb home and check the "always use this" tab, i had to do that AFTER opening it the first time to make the images appear

wts1

Nov 1, 2011
You tried rebooting? Also, when you press the home key, select fb home and check the "always use this" tab, i had to do that AFTER opening it the first time to make the images appear

yes i did reboot then comes littel circle but if i lock mobile or when enter to app just gone yea its set as use always idk i think is somethink bad with my phone

monkeyrasta.702

Mar 12, 2011
Sin City
Hey everyone, since the thread of the pre-release gets commented really quick, i decided to make a new one with a tutorial to make the new Facebook Launcher work... Here we go:

First of all, install Facebook and Messenger

Now, you need to edit your build.prop in order to make your phone look like a Galaxy Note 2 (ROOT REQUIRED). Find your build.prop using any root file manager, and edit this:

Locate these lines:

Code:
ro.product.model
ro.product.brand
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
ro.product.manufacturer
ro.com.google.clientidbase

And change them to this:

Code:
ro.product.model=GT-N7100
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=t03gxx
ro.product.device=t03g
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-samsung

And make a reboot.

Now, uninstall the previously installed Facebook and Messenger apps, and install them again from Play Store, but in the phone, not in browser, make sure to do that.
Open Facebook, log in, and you should see a "Enable Facebook Home" on the bottom of the settings. If you do, congrats, you are doing awesome :D
Now, install Facebook Home 1.0 (attached), and go to it in the app drawer, and begin using it :D

Screenshot to proof it's working:
View attachment 1878683

Note: Everything works fine but Messenger. It won't load my SMS/Facebook messages either, still looking for a fix.

on the sgs2 sprint us version I get bootloops

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
on the sgs2 sprint us version I get bootloops

bootloops? Maybe you edited your build.prop wrong... Make sure you had a backup before doing it... Works fine on xperia live with walkman and on razr hd... Let me look for other edits
EDIT: Try this on your build.prop

ro.product.model=GT-I9300
ro.product.name=m0xx
ro.product.device=m0

Last edited:

wts1

Nov 1, 2011
bootloops? Maybe you edited your build.prop wrong... Make sure you had a backup before doing it... Works fine on xperia live with walkman and on razr hd... Let me look for other edits
EDIT: Try this on your build.prop

ro.product.model=GT-I9300
ro.product.name=m0xx
ro.product.device=m0

lg optimus l3 e400 also work but u know my black cover ugh

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
lg optimus l3 e400 also work but u know my black cover ugh

black cover? what? lol

But is working on my old gtab

Weird... Did you check the other method??

Could someone please make a version that works on an UNrooted Nexus 4 (stock AT&T).

For unrooted i think you'd need an apk without device restriction... idk how to do that, im sorry bro

Reactions: CJSnet

PsychoKilla666

Jul 5, 2009
anyone have any ideas how i can get es file explorer to save my build.prop
i got root and es file explorer has permission, it says error saving

darkintragedy

Oct 14, 2011
Works for me.

Had a single hangup while rebooting a well, but another hard reset fixed that.

Cool launcher, but very limited and probably going to uninstall at the end of the day, haha.

wts1

Nov 1, 2011
black cover? what? lol

Weird... Did you check the other method??

For unrooted i think you'd need an apk without device restriction... idk how to do that, im sorry bro

Screenshot_2013-04-12-21-04-51.png or without circle and never loads photos

anerik

Aug 21, 2012
La Plata
anyone have any ideas how i can get es file explorer to save my build.prop
i got root and es file explorer has permission, it says error saving

Did you go to Settings, tools, root thingys, and mounted r/w system?

I figure it out

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Great!

Works for me.

Had a single hangup while rebooting a well, but another hard reset fixed that.

Cool launcher, but very limited and probably going to uninstall at the end of the day, haha.

Yeah, same here but i'm enjoying it quite a bit.

View attachment 1878776 or without circle and never loads photos

Hmm, that's weird. I had a circle for quite a while, then it started showing. Try going to facebook app and updating from there

wts1

Nov 1, 2011
Did you go to Settings, tools, root thingys, and mounted r/w system?

Great!

Yeah, same here but i'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Hmm, that's weird. I had a circle for quite a while, then it started showing. Try going to facebook app and updating from there
still no idk will leave phone for some hours maybe then auto update

Top Liked Posts