Verizon 3G - Can't Access

Search This thread

pjd2011

Apr 29, 2010
Muncie, IN
I have a bootloader locked, unrooted, stock Moto g 4.4.2 on Verizon Prepay. I can not get the phone to connect to 3G. I thought it was initially because I ran out of data. I put 3gb onto the account two hours ago and still am unable to connect to data. I have 3G service but the icon is highlighted orange.

I've tried Safe Mode, restarts, entering and exiting airplane mode to no avail.

pjd2011

Apr 29, 2010
Muncie, IN
I have a bootloader locked, unrooted, stock Moto g 4.4.2 on Verizon Prepay. I can not get the phone to connect to 3G. I thought it was initially because I ran out of data. I put 3gb onto the account two hours ago and still am unable to connect to data. I have 3G service but the icon is highlighted orange.

I've tried Safe Mode, restarts, entering and exiting airplane mode to no avail.

This looks to be a common problem for the SIM variants. Still can't find a resolution, though..

pjd2011

Apr 29, 2010
Muncie, IN
The XT1028 is not a sim variant. Dial *228 on your phone and press 1 after hearing the operator. Afterwards dial *228 again and this time press 2.

What I meant was that this seems to be a problem prevalent with the SIM variants. I haven't seen this issue with the CDMA devices. However, I'm still having issues after re-activating and updating the PRL.

I sent Middleman a request for my bootloader unlock code so I'm hoping once I get CM up and going it will resolve my data issue.

eg0097

Mar 22, 2014
Los Angeles
What I meant was that this seems to be a problem prevalent with the SIM variants. I haven't seen this issue with the CDMA devices. However, I'm still having issues after re-activating and updating the PRL.

I sent Middleman a request for my bootloader unlock code so I'm hoping once I get CM up and going it will resolve my data issue.

Bring down the notification bar, tap Settings and the phone/data connection icon will have a muted orange color to indicate you're logged into Google Services. My phone (XT1028) has this too and im pretty sure my datas working. I wouldnt know since i didnt pay it this month because im testing out flashing stuff. BTW my phone has an unlocked BL.