[BOUNTY] Official Verizon RUU for HTC One M8 with S-ON

Search This thread

regspy

Aug 17, 2011
This a bounty thread for Stock Verizon only on the Verizon HTC One M8 with S-ON . I know there are people who are stuck in H boot screen and says TAMPERED, LOCKED and SECURITY WARNING. The only way out of it is by using Stock Verizon RUU.

You can post your pledges here and I will add them to OP.

Please do not send any money to anyone unless it's proved that Stock RUU on S-ON device works and made public here on xda.

Please do not start a cat fight in here as that would result in the thread getting locked.

I will try to update the thread on a daily basis. Do not come in here and ask when it will be done because we do not know the answer to that and you might get flamed.

I do own a Verizon HTC One M8 and to start things off i'm pledging USD 100

How to Claim the Bounty

Make a post in this thread with the following:
Proving it works with appropriate photos and/or screenshots
Providing full step-by-step instructions for which anyone else can follow
Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device
Claim your bounty via PM from donator(s)

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
This a bounty thread for Stock Verizon only on the Verizon HTC One M8 with S-ON . I know there are people who are stuck in H boot screen and says TAMPERED, LOCKED and SECURITY WARNING. The only way out of it is by using Stock Verizon RUU.

Please do not send any money to anyone unless it's proved that Stock RUU on S-ON device works and made public here on xda.

Please do not start a cat fight in here as that would result in the thread getting locked.

I will try to update the thread on a daily basis. Do not come in here and ask when it will be done because we do not know the answer to that and you might get flamed.

How to Claim the Bounty

Wait for at least one member to follow the same method and confirm it works the same on their fully stock device

Payment will be processed between each member and the bounty collector via PM on an individual basis
This isn't something you can really bounty. Someone can't whip up a signed/encrypted ruu for you. It would need to be leaked by someone at HTC. Verizon doesn't want them doing that so they have made it harder than heck to get an official ruu. I feel bad for you but the main reason we aren't seeing them is someone would be risking their job to leak it..

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
This isn't something you can really bounty. Someone can't whip up a signed/encrypted ruu for you. It would need to be leaked by someone at HTC. Verizon doesn't want them doing that so they have made it harder than heck to get an official ruu. I feel bad for you but the main reason we aren't seeing them is someone would be risking their job to leak it..

Right. So maybe a bounty would give them incentive to risk it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
Has anyone tried emailing htc to ask for one? I know it sounds pretty obvious, but what would they respond back with? One isn't available?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

regspy

Aug 17, 2011

I guess you are right, Admins please delete this thread. I don't want someone loosing their job for this leak.

I'll have togo down the java card route as that can S-OFF and unlock bootloader from hboot. Which will then allow me to flash RUU for S-OFF.

Humayunsd

Oct 28, 2014
New Delhi
I guess you are right, Admins please delete this thread. I don't want someone loosing their job for this leak.

I'll have togo down the java card route as that can S-OFF and unlock bootloader from hboot. Which will then allow me to flash RUU for S-OFF.

Hello,

Did anyone manage to find Official Verizon M8 RUU?

My phone is stuck. can someone guide me how to S-OFF and Unlock Bootloader? Please help.

Thanks

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

How to Claim the Bounty

I uploaded one months ago, if it helps any.
No it's not the latest one of course.
You can tell that by the date I uploaded it.
LINK

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Last edited:
Reactions: 3597dxta

3597dxta

Nov 4, 2012
Da Nang
Yeah... He's on latest firmware and s on and didn't like my answer earlier.

4.4.4 ruu is now up on my thread so hopefully he can get it going with that.

The current ruu and two previous ones are all here..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2883845

I'm now on 4.4.2 stock (S-on, bootloader locked), I've just seen your post recently about 4.4.4 firmware stock, I've decided to upgrade to 4.4.4 and then I wondered how to get S-OFF on 4.4.4 except using SunShine :laugh:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
I'm now on 4.4.2 stock (S-on, bootloader locked), I've just seen your post recently about 4.4.4 firmware stock, I've decided to upgrade to 4.4.4 and then I wondered how to get S-OFF on 4.4.4 except using SunShine :laugh:
Use sunshine on the older Rom first! Otherwise you will be waiting for a sunshine update.

Top Liked Posts