poweramp.png

Support:
-MP3, MP4/M4A,loseless ALAC,FLAC, OGG, WAV, TTA, WMA
-Has own codecs
-Widget
-Choose music from SD card
-Tegs, lyrics
-Skins, 2 in beta version
-Fast scan of files ( in 1 second 1000files, depends on phone speed)
-EQ

Looking forward to future updates, this is the best music experience you can get on android atm (at least according to myself :) )...

[highlight]Mod Edit: Links removed due to being expired trials[/highlight]

Here's a great video demonstration made by rollercoastervj

Last edited by a moderator:

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
For some reason it seems it only can be downloaded from warez sites atm but since it's a beta I don't know if it would be against the rules to post it here???

m2thedeep

Jul 26, 2010
Looks good but still missing a few basic features. App also force closes a lot on my Droid X.

m2thedeep

Jul 26, 2010
Care to expand on the first part of your comment?

Also, I'm used to looking at just the Evo forums, so there you have it - working great for me.

These are a few gripes I have with the app, the first one being the most important:

When going through the library of artists, once you pick an artist you are taken to all songs by the artist and not to a list of the albums by the artist. Sometimes when pressing the back button, the app closes to the homescreen instead of showing the previous screen. If you're playing a song and are browsing your playlist, album list, etc. there's no quick way to return to the player screen that shows the current song that's playing.

Jul 19, 2010
I just upload a video of the app to youtube. It is my first video so dont expect pro stuff :) Just a video of fingering around with PowerAmp :p

Last edited:

owziee

Sep 1, 2007
EU
Thanks for the great video, I learnt a few new things from it :)

This is definitely the best audio player I've seen on any mobile device, PERIOD!

cyberkamote

Aug 12, 2010
this is really nice! TFS!

Although the widget could be better..and the home screen of the app could be made simpler but overall this is nice...

definitely nice to have SD folder view!

I winder how it would par with MixZing

Kagedin

Jul 28, 2010
Trying it out right now so far loving it good looking out great media player

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App

zetterwing

Sep 8, 2010
I picked this up and I really like it so far. The ui is great even though there are a few oddities still. When selecting an mp3 from Astro it goes to the player but it doesn't play the file I just selected...the player comes up with the last song that was being played. Still messing with it though and it looks great so far.

solidkundi

Sep 27, 2008
i think one feature that would make this a killer music player... that if its possible to restrict musics off one folder (eg. "Music") in the root of SD... this way i dont have to listen to machine gun and other android game sound fx on my media player... veryyy annoying..!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MaxMP,

Looking forward to this player becoming the "foobar2000" for Android... But I have one suggestion:

ReplayGain support!

You already have a fantastic player that plays all three major formats that I use (Ogg-Vorbis, FLAC, and MP3). I consider myself a bit of an audiophile, so ReplayGain is what I use in order to keep perceived volume levels across my collection equal (I hate having to reach for the phone's volume control if a louder song comes on).

ReplayGain does this without changing the actual waveform (unlike normalization), it just stores two (or four) gain values as metadata. (Two values for each track, an additional two if you've scanned it as an entire album, which is handy if you're listening to an album which does not have gaps between songs -- like a DJ set or orchestral piece.)

You have a preamp process already, so applying the attenuation recommended by the RG tags should be a fairly trivial thing to implement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_Gain
    I've been using it for a while and its great!! If this is beta I cant imagine how good the final will be. I bet you browse the same site as me :D

I just got my first droid phone and i am looking for some awesome apps and ive noticed this site has some pretty strict rules >.< can you message me the link to the site you use?