Tutorial: LG P970 (P970H) unbrick/flash using SmartFlash Tool

Search This thread

juniorxdb

Jul 20, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
guilardi, can I flash the V20O ROM from Europe on P970H? Is the .bin or .fls files ONLY the baseband? My idea is flash the system more recent, the V20O makes the video call from GTalk...
I lived in Campinas from 2009 to 2010, and I miss this city... I worked in The Army, located on Anhanguera.... I'm in Rio now, I'm carioca, but I want peace... Crazy life in Rio... many missions...rs
thanks!

Last edited:

alwaysgrey

Apr 10, 2012
Just wanted to chime in on this thread and give my thanks to OP for saving my phone.

Much appreciated, friend!

guillardi

Apr 22, 2011
Campinas
guilardi, can I flash the V20O ROM from Europe on P970H? Is the .bin or .fls files ONLY the baseband? My idea is flash the system more recent, the V20O makes the video call from GTalk...
I lived in Campinas from 2009 to 2010, and I miss this city... I worked in The Army, located on Anhanguera.... I'm in Rio now, I'm carioca, but I want peace... Crazy life in Rio... many missions...rs
thanks!

Yep, v20o will work on p970H. Proof is i'm using Huexx´s Zeus rom based on v20o.

Last edited:

eranamit

Oct 21, 2010
Thanks

Hey dude,
Just wanted to join in the thanks choir.
I just used your tutorial and it saved me from SOD..
Thanks, Keep up the good work

Laier94

Dec 18, 2011
Hiya there,new here. Can I use this to upgrade my Froyo Optimus Black to Gingerbread Optimus Black? Thanks!

Laier94

Dec 18, 2011

shadan00

May 2, 2012
hello wo shi shadan nimenhao

nimenzhexie bao zuo de dou bu cuo xiexie xiexie wo shi shadan 困惑:

skalicc

Feb 12, 2012
PLZ

PLZ... I cant connect to the server with ROMs.. can anybody up ROM v10d CZ ?? Or post link with this ROMs??

ruppal

May 13, 2012
Thanks

The first time I joined a tech forum (yes noob :)

But then wanted to express my gratitude for saving my phone by sharing this info.

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!

hemo-ali

Dec 9, 2011
Giza
Hey guys when I connected my phone and used smart flash tool no thing appeared in the COM PORT and COMMUNICATION DRIVER
why??

oceanax

May 18, 2012
Does not work

Please help me with my LGP970. The above method doesn't not work at all. Any other way to save my phone? D: I flashed with different kind of F/W from Singapore Service and none of them work too. ( Including the one provided in the post above )

Sofaires

May 18, 2010
it did work great for me a few days ago now i try to re download them cause cant find the files and the flash files dont download is anyone experience this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS THREAD ANYMORE. IF YOU WANT TO HIJACK THIS THREAD CONTACT ME.

SmartFlash Tool completly erases device memory during flashing.
    Phone will make Factory Reset at first boot after flashing!
    You can upgrade and downgrade. You can downgrade from V20N too!

This also will remove phone lock if you forget unlock code or pattern. (phone lock, NOT simlock or network lock...)

This method doesn't need internet connection. :)
    If you want to flash an LG P970H download correct ROM from link below.

With this solution you can unbrick LG Optimus Black P970.
    It fixes bootloop, "ERROR LG Security Team", and BSOD - blue screen with green writings (untested).

Only requirement is ability to enter in to S/W Update mode and not broken hardware.

Tested on: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, x64 and Windows XP Pro SP3.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downloads:
    - SmartFlash Tool (mirror) [password: radkor@XDA]
    - stock ROM V10A EEU XXX with .bin & .fls. [CRC MD5: d880b8834400575b5827bafbf29a745e] - DepositFiles, FileServe, WUpload.

Other bin/fls ROMs are HERE. (All these links are working again!)

You need to install LG Mobile drivers. They are located HERE. [CRC MD5: e4614071e72c0292d3a8238908b5c7ba]

1. Unpack SFT.rar that contains SmartFlash Tool program.

2. Unpack, preffered C: drive, firmware pack BIN_LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011_0.zip
    Inside there will be 2 files: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin i LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls.

3. Run B_SmartFlashTool_Extern.exe

4. Choose:
    1) ROM copy D/L bookmark
    2) in Select mode choose Normal mode
    3) choose CP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_CP.fls
    4) choose AP file: LGP970AT-00-V10a-EEU-XXX-MAY-09-2011+0_AP.bin
    *) connect phone in S/W Update mode with battery in it (on the phone that is switched off, plug in USB cable WHILE HOLDING Vol+ button)
    5) choose COM port.
    6) choose LGE Mobile USB Serial Port in Communication Driver
    7) click Start and wait till end.
    It takes about 3 mins to flash.

After successfully flashing, phone will reboot and make Factory Reset.
    And that's all! :)

Settings:
    iowx3.png

Flashing:
    sf2r.png

Finished:
    sf3.png

Now your phone should be unbricked and working.

I will not take any responsibility if something goes wrong when you trying this solution. For me and many others it worked well.
    And link for v10a .bin

https://mega.co.nz/#!4ggQiSJB!KzO_T0_HML_qSTsOWPVDNbhatM1OBv6FS1BH-RmIy18

Only press tnx;) and tnx radkor

Sent from my LG-F320S using Tapatalk
    To add, it is a fast flasher compared to RDTT. :)
    Exactly! It takes only 3 minutes to flash. :)