Search This thread
A

ace7196

And I thought I was being trolled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

matrix0886

Sep 21, 2011
Houston
Open Settings, then go to phone details (where u can see kernel, Android-version etc) then just tap your Build number "JOP40C" 7 times !

TikqAwx680SET1HZqKYnhQ2.gif

Reactions: Tahns

kar10s

Apr 28, 2010
Looks like someone at Google has a sense of humor....
Well, you certainly must have realy strange sense of humor. This kind of jokes belongs to elementary school, not to seriously ment product.
It might have been acceptable if that was for an easter egg, not for serious (and needed) feature of a working system.

Well my dear Google, that is another -1 for you (today 4th already), so you realy are lucky that I am curently returning back to development from management position, becuse I am so pissed, that I would make sure my company would never ever bought anything from you again. Anyway, I will advise all our custommers to avoid your products in the future, so, you now what? You can have as much fun as you want! And in the meantime I will be thinking whether to keep or return my tablet, because this is ridiculous, and there was TOO MUCH OF IT today...

Last edited:

patches7

Jun 19, 2012
Well, you certainly must have realy strange sense of humor. This kind of jokes belongs to elementary school, not to seriously ment product.
It might have been acceptable if that was for an easter egg, not for serious (and needed) feature of a working system.

Well my dear Google, that is another -1 for you (today 4th already), so you realy are lucky that I am curently returning back to development from management position, becuse I am so pissed, that I would make sure my company would never ever bought anything from you again. Anyway, I will advise all our custommers to avoid your products in the future, so, you now what? You can have as much fun as you want! And in the meantime I will be thinking whether to keep or return my tablet, because this is ridiculous, and there was TOO MUCH OF IT today...

You know, you should just return your nexus. We are better off without an uptight pissy person like you in this very playful Google community.

Oh, and I will continuous to buy anything Google make. Paid two hundred for my 8gb since it came out. I'm still enjoying every moment of it. My iPad passion didn't last this long.

phillip1953

Nov 3, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Judged by your writing skills, you should leave development to the big boys. ;)

Posted via my Amiga 3000, EVO 3D , or Nexus 7

Last edited:

pboesboes

Mar 25, 2012

Considering most people seem to appreciate the joke, you're the one with a strange sense of humor.

Anyway, the dev options are hidden because dev options don't belong in plain sight on a consumer device. It's about time they did something about it.

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA

Take it easy pal...

Actually hiding the option prevents people who have no clue to what they are doing from messing something up. Besides it was found, still present there, they did not remove it, so in all reality, they did nothing wrong.

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

DonnyR

Aug 26, 2012
Bucharest
hahahahahahahaha.
This is really funny.

Need to go through the same steps on my GNex to enable developer options, by the way.

HellcatDroid

Jul 15, 2011
Cologne Area
Actually hiding the option prevents people who have no clue to what they are doing from messing something up.
My first thought exactely after recovering from a really hard LOL.

"You are now 3 steps away from being a developer".... :cyclops:
C'mon, that's really hillariously funny. At least to me, I like it :)

subtracterall

Nov 8, 2012
I was super confused about this after I got the OTA update. Glad it was just a few taps away.

Was the knowledge of how to access the dev options in 4.2 released in anyway by Google, or did someone just have to figure it out?

mkgarrod

Sep 11, 2012
Clevegas
www.lestertutu.com
You sir

Sir you are being a bit ridiculous, saying you will make sure your business never buys anything from them again? a bit extreme don't you think? Simply because you have to press a button 7 times? that's enough to go all haywire over it? I honestly don't think they care the least bit about you.. or your business... or if you keep or return you tablet! It's entirely ridiculous to even be upset over this! Take a deep breath... and be quiet.

Reactions: ReiverBlade

fergadeth

Sep 20, 2012
thanks for the first lol moment i've had whilst here

and thanks for the fix, i am looking forward to the 7tap enabling finger trick when i get 4.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Open Settings, then go to phone details (where u can see kernel, Android-version etc) then just tap your Build number "JOP40C" 7 times !

Considering most people seem to appreciate the joke, you're the one with a strange sense of humor.

Anyway, the dev options are hidden because dev options don't belong in plain sight on a consumer device. It's about time they did something about it.

You know, you should just return your nexus. We are better off without an uptight pissy person like you in this very playful Google community.

Oh, and I will continuous to buy anything Google make. Paid two hundred for my 8gb since it came out. I'm still enjoying every moment of it. My iPad passion didn't last this long.
    Howcan I enable USB debugging mode in 4.2 ?

Or How can I Access my Nexus 7 from PC?

Any Ideas?:(

Yes, please do that, make sure your company doesn't buy anything from Google, let them buy from makers like Apple, then they will come and tell you how to use their products! And also ask your company to strictly use Apple Maps (or whatever it is called) and then see your employees coming in late (or probably not reaching work at all!!!) and then keep buying all their new products because there is no way of getting new software updates on your old hardware and let them make you feel like a loser if you don't buy their latest and most "innovative" products! You do that sir, my best wishes and support are with you!