[PORT] Morphology v1.5 2/5/13

Search This thread

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
I use morphology with many diferent rons. Only problems I have seen are instation freeze mostly if you go back. Had to t a ke out batery and force start in recovery and reinstall theme. But it has always worked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

xavier6303

Feb 12, 2007
Tampa
Is there a completely AOSP looking theme for morphology....if not, I intend to make one but I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if possible..

Thanks

EDIT: Looks like the "Fleur" theme..is pretty close. Just needs some blue....I guess Ill base off of that one

Last edited:

darkwolfelite

Aug 8, 2010
St.Louis
Flashed both files and no status bar with system ui crashes. Running 4.1.2 rooted stock. Any ideas.

Same thing here running CleanROM 1.2 SE. I flashed macksupdater zip then morphology 1.5 . Went through all the setups with no problem. As soon as I am done and reboot phone I have no status bar at all and get constant system ui crashes. Had to do a backup. I wonder why this is happening to us. I installed everything as you are suppossed to. Thanks. Hope there is a fix.:good:

MatroxD

Feb 17, 2013
Honor Magic V
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Same thing here running CleanROM 1.2 SE. I flashed macksupdater zip then morphology 1.5 . Went through all the setups with no problem. As soon as I am done and reboot phone I have no status bar at all and get constant system ui crashes. Had to do a backup. I wonder why this is happening to us. I installed everything as you are suppossed to. Thanks. Hope there is a fix.:good:

Sane here on clean 4.5 ACE. I do like when it works well however. Great p piece of work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

robm1911

Nov 26, 2010
Weatherford Tx.
No probs here running Clean ROM 4.5, I did however come from a clean install.

Even though I really shouldn't give something like this praise (it's prolly gonna put me out of work lol) my hat's off to an incredible piece of work, well done.

Dean1650

Dec 11, 2012
Webster
Worked very well on my GN2 running CR 4.5. Just be patient and slow and no problems. Ran several times changing a few things each time. I have been looking for something like this forever. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: mackentosh

csandman1977

Oct 4, 2010
Working awesome on skynote 8.1 for note2. Ran it about a dozen times playung with framework backgrounds. Only problem I had was when the super sensitive note 2 screen accidentally registered me hitting the back button.
Love stock note2 but miss the theming options from cm. This scratches the theme itch very well!
Thanks!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

darkwolfelite

Aug 8, 2010
St.Louis
Here is what I am doing and cant get it to work. Still get systemui crashes and no status bar. When I flash the updater zip I do see the new battery icon and everything is ICS blue. Then flashes Morphology and I get screwed. Here was my process

Flash ROM with TWRP
Setup Phone
Power off and back to TWRP
Flash Macks updater
Reboot phone
Flash Morphology 1.5
During the Aroma installer everything goes fine. As soon as I reboot phone I get systemui crashes constantly and have no status bar whatsoever.

Last edited:

pontiacmn

Feb 13, 2011
St. Paul
Here is what I am doing and cant get it to work. Still get systemui crashes and no status bar. When I flash the updater zip I do see the new battery icon and everything is ICS blue. Then flashes Morphology and I get screwed. Here was my process

Flash ROM with TWRP
Setup Phone
Flash Macks updater
Reboot phone
Flash Morphology 1.5
During the Aroma installer everything goes fine. As soon as I reboot phone I get systemui crashes constantly and have no status bar whatsoever.

Are you trying the pre made themes or the custom theme route? If you go the custom theme route you can try and change one or two things at a time and see if you can determine what part of the systemui theming is causing the force closes. Try maybe just changing the status bar style first. If that goes well, go back in and try something else to see if that works, etc.

I am in no way a developer, but I think some of the issue is because technically this systemui.apk isn't necessarily from the rom you are running. I honestly don't know what differences lie between the two because I do have it running on SkyNote 8.2 with the updater systemui and it seems to work fine. The only issue I have is when I reboot the phone. The status bar disappears but no force closes. It comes back if I get a notification.

Reactions: darkwolfelite

darkwolfelite

Aug 8, 2010
St.Louis
Are you trying the pre made themes or the custom theme route? If you go the custom theme route you can try and change one or two things at a time and see if you can determine what part of the systemui theming is causing the force closes. Try maybe just changing the status bar style first. If that goes well, go back in and try something else to see if that works, etc.

I am in no way a developer, but I think some of the issue is because technically this systemui.apk isn't necessarily from the rom you are running. I honestly don't know what differences lie between the two because I do have it running on SkyNote 8.2 with the updater systemui and it seems to work fine. The only issue I have is when I reboot the phone. The status bar disappears but no force closes. It comes back if I get a notification.

Thanks for responding. I will try what you suggest. Its weird cause I know their are people running it on the ROM I am using. Oh and yeah I was trying the custom route. Again thanks. I will report back.

darkwolfelite

Aug 8, 2010
St.Louis
Causes systemui crashes for me. dont know why. Gonna have to install each little thing one by one to see which thing being changed is causing the crashes.

rsalan

Jan 11, 2012
Boston
I need help. I'm just using the theme in MackUpdater but I want to move the clock back to the stock position. If I use Morphology to move it, it doesn't have the gray color from MackUpdater.. How do I just move the clock from center to right?

DirtyDroidX

Jan 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
This is pretty awesome ! Worked on sky note . Froze one time when hitting the back button.

Is it cool for me to port this , with respected credit and link to op?

Tap Tap tapped from Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MAKE SURE TO BACKUP!!!!

MacksUpdater <--- Flash first then Reboot

Morphology v1.4

Morphology v1.5

I take no credit for this. I made a few adjustments to this so it works with our GN2 this came from Rompnit and Naddicts Morphology thread so please go over and THANK them for me and tell'm who sent you

Below you will find pictures of what these mods are, for those who have questions, on what they look like, here you go.....

- Select a statusbar style

statusbar.jpg

- Pick your statusbar clock style (center or stock locations) and color, or remove it all together

- Pick a SystemUI pulldown style
    Choice of AOSP or Stock styles – Choose Color. Choose your pulldown clock color. Notification ‘presses’ and ERI Label will match in color
    Choose to keep or remove the brightness slider!
    Pick a pulldown background - 7 to choose from, including semi and full transparent![/B]

Pull-Downs.jpg

Plus various colors from which to choose

Select your pulldown bottom bar color
    Select your notification bar color – Choose from black, stock, dark purple, or dark grey (Only if Stock Pulldown style in selected)

- Choose a battery icon style – stock (11 colors), honeycomb (11 colors), custom (5 options), or remove completely!

Battery-Bubble.JPG

Bubble

Battery-Castaway.JPG

Castaway

Battery-Chrysis.JPG

Chyrsis

Battery-Cstyle.JPG

Cstyle

Battery-Sence.JPG
    ]

Sence

Battery-Dkbluehc.JPG

Honeycomb - Other colors Available... look for colors with HC after them!

HC-other-Colors.jpg

Honeycomb (Colors Options)

Battery-DkblueStock.JPG

Stock - Other Colors available

Stock-other-Colors.jpg

Stock Color options

- Select WiFi & Signal icon style – Gradient (8 colors), Stock (11 colors), or custom (2 options currently)

Wifi-Anaconda.JPG

Anakonda

Wifi.JPG

WiFi

Wifi-Gradient.JPG

Gradient - Choose from all the standard colors

Wifi-Stock.JPG

Stock Choose from all the standard colors

- Pick misc. icon colors - Bluetooth, Screenshot, Ringer, etc.. Just color Choices in here.

- Select 1x/3G/4G icon colors

- Choose activity arrow colors

- Theme your Framework - Select a predefined framework theme (16 color options)
    Select customize to pick loading circles and/or brightness slider. Again... Just choose a color

spinners.png

- Customize your Toggles - Stock, Glow, Custom, OMG theme style, or vertical glass style. All options and colors

Toggles-Nashdor-Autism.JPG

Nashdog Autism awareness

Toggles-Syps.JPG

Syps

Toggles-RedGlass.JPG

Red Glass

Toggles-Dazed-Anakonda.jpg

Dazed Anakonda

Toggles-Dazed-WickedPink.jpg

Dazed WickedPink

Toggles-Criskelo-Glass.JPG

Criskelo Glass

Toggles-Criskelo.JPG

Criskelo Also available in lots of colors

Toggles-Glow.JPG

Glow Also available in lots of colors

Toggles-Ocean-Citrus.jpg

Ocean This is Citrus, and there are other colors as well

Toggles-Stock.JPG

Stock Also available in lots of colors

Toggles-Vertical-Glass.JPG

Vertical Glass Also available in lots of colors

- Decide to keep or remove toggle bars and toggle text labels!
    - Select a toggle background - 10 to choose from!!

Toggle-Bkgrnd.jpg

Along with various standard color choices

- Choose a dialer background - 17 to choose from! All include matching 'incall' dialers!

Dialers-Acid-Green.JPG

Acid Green And a few other colors

Dialers-Black%20Glass.JPG

Black Glass

Dialers-Black-Metal.JPG

Black Metal

Dialers-Black.JPG

Black

Dialers-Framed-Glass.JPG

Framed Glass

Dialers-Leather.JPG

Leather

Dialers-Metal.JPG

Metal

Dialers-Moto.JPG

Moto

Dialers-Pink.JPG

Pink

Dialers-Purple.JPG

Purple

Dialers-Raised-Glass.JPG

Raised Glass

Dialers-Stock.JPG

Stock

Dialers-White.JPG

White

- Pick your dialer digit colors - 12 colors to choose from!

Dialern-Wicked-Pink.JPG

Wicked Pink

Dialern-Latigra.JPG

Latigra

Dialern-Stock.JPG

Stock Various colors

Credit goes to MontyPyFly for the images head over to his thread and thank him for his work

Special Thanks to

•Naddict // For his creativity, support, and drive!
    •EMSpilot // For dedication to getting the job done! Check out Purple & Green JellyBean
    •Clark44 // For his dedication and work on FreeGS3 ROMs! Check it out
    •bigtoysrock aka BTR // For the "Goodness" support! Grab the goods
    •dazednconfused // For the "Wicked" support! Grab the latest
    •joshbeach // For his support and toggle pngs! Check out JellyBomb
    •kennyglass123 // For the "People's" native support in 3.06 on up! Look for it
    •ksmullins88 & ecooce // For the native Frankenstein KilLJoy7 support! See it •Mijjah74 // For the the base settings/icons!
    •fergie716 // For the rotating lockscreen guide, as well as other tips and tricks
    •raubkatze // For answering some of my noobish questions!
    •devabhishek // For some statusbar ideas and pngs!
    •overstew // For the added contributions and pngs!
    •imaconeheadXD // For the contributions to this thread!
    •jbeitel // For the use of his work! Check out his site
    •amarullz // For the sick creation that is Aroma!
    •Stericson // For inventing the "MetaMorph" system
    •wanam // For lidroid as we know it!
    •Villain ROM Team // For the creation of the VRTheme System
    •Didact74 // For the awesome tutorials!! Be sure to THANK him
    •WasabiWa83 // For his permission to use his killer OMG themes! Check them out
    •MontyPyFly // For his killer reference guide to Morphology!
    •evil1art // For testing and support on the T-Mobile side. Yes, we're international now!
    •AndroidGraphix // For the 'Nano' Style dialers. Check out the work
    •Anyone that I may have missed!
    •Everyone that's contributed to this thread!!
    -Keep in mind that this may not work for some due to TWRP and sometimes CWM, custom recoveries act funny sometimes

-Beware of the back button if you have to go back to change a selection wait a second or 2 after you press back to reduce the chances of it freezing

-if you boot your phone after you finish installing the mods your status bar may or may not have any icons in it just send yourself a text msg or an email and the mods should pop up. Why it does that? I don't know.

-Going by the tester's it seems to work so I guess my job is done for the moment "DONT FORGET TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON" :laugh:
    Re: [PORT] Morphology v1.4 2/3/13

Don't forget to hit the thanks button cause it makes feel special :p
    Several reports your work works nice with my ma6 rom. They are loving it so I put a link in my rom recommending this thread if thats ok its just a link to this thread with me and my testers recommendation.

JDEVIL ZODIAC POWERED ROMS

THIS IS WHY I DONT UNDERVOLT AND DONT RECOMMEND IT http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wdtd8fhletu7lpc

Thanks guys im happy to bring this to you guys